At Cleveland February 4th, 2:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by Dlev59, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I agree. I don't think the team is better with Webber over Ben. Not at all.
  2. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Our bigs, however productive, are slow. Yes. Sheed is the only big with some mobility but as mentioned, he is no Ben. Sheed is by far our best defensive big. Davis does move some. But can he do anything with Shaq and will they play him this year?

Pavolvic getting that easy into the lane for whatever reason points to the need for a perimeter defender before the trading deadline. That would help out a bit for our front line.

We went with Webber for the offense. Fine. We do need a back up point-- but even more--we need to get better perimeter defense for the big run, phoney Stern rules or no phoney Stern rules. We are not going to outscore teams consistently.

We need to continue to develop Maxiel as he does seem to have some quickness of foot on the defensive end and can be used in a situational way as Lindsay was today.
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With Eric Snow being relegated to the bench...

Nazr for Snow?
  4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Throw Flip Murray in, too.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Snow = Hunter

Webber and Davis are gone next year (not to mention really old). Trade Nazr and we have no centers on our roster. This type of move will require Cheick Samb moving into a McDonalds restaurant until training camp.
  6. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

LOL LOL
  7. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I still don't get why Flip can't wrap his head around the concept of bringing in the bench EARLIER. By the 4 minute mark in the 1st and 3rd quarters we should have 3 (at least 2) bench players in. That gives the bench enough time to get a rhythm, and if they mess it up, the starters have plenty of time to mop up the situation. Instead, he waits untill the 4th quarter, at which time he puts them in for 2 minutes (if that), and throws the starters back in because it's getting close to crunch time. It's frustrating to watch happen over and over.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I thought it was good use of the roster... Sheed was used as he should (inside then out)... Webb looking for the cutters... CB distributing AND getting inside... Delfino handling the ball more when matched up with Hunter.
    Of course everything is easier with the Cleveland swiss cheesers... but a nice sign non the less.... now can they do this in consecutive games?
    The player of the game IMO was Sheed... it was a flashback performance... no deragatory statements tonight... now please take note of how you can help this team and repeat.

The efficient offense made it easier to get back on D to prevent easy buckets (a key against Bron).

IMO, Big Z is very overated... watching him and Cwebb go at it was like a visit to the cement plant.

Let's see what they do against an energy team now.
  9. roscoe36

This is how you want to play on the road. Blowing everyone out by 20 points at halftime isn't realistic. Cleveland is not a great team, but they are clearly one of the more talented squads in the East.

We kept it close and slowly pulled away in the second half.

I'm very happy with the pace and style of this win. Not only are the Cavs copying the Pistons entire routine, but now the Pistons are in their heads. These guys are questioning if they can beat us, get past us.

Champions instill fear on the road. Flip Saunders did a decent job tightening up the rotation for a game that does have value. Now lets see if he relaxes again as we face the tanking Celtics.
  10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah, plus with all of the TV timeouts and longer regulat timeouts for national TV, the extra minutes aren't as big of a deal.

the rip/webber combination continues to excel, and our offense hasn't felt as bogged down or as prone to droughts.

delfino had a few mistakes but knocked down some key shots, and overall we played relaxed and focused the whole game, with excellent defense. it was a playoff-type win.

i was surprised they treated lebron fairly, instead of giving him wade-like calls. and i'm also glad that varejao looked as bad as he really is, and even got called for the illegal screen he always sets. thankfully only one of his usual flops resulted in an offensive foul against us.
  11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I see Snow as a real point guard, able to really run an offense. Not sure I can say the same about Hunter.

Center depth next year could be a real problem, but Snow could rest CB, keep the team on the straight and narrow for 15 minutes a game, and put them one step closer to getting to the finals. Worry about next year next year.
  12. roscoe36

Ok, I'll buy that approach.
  13. roscoe36

One of the Cav's beat writers live blogged the game (think one man game chat).

Cavaliers Blog: Cavs vs. Pistons

The end comment is great...

It's funny how high our expectations are for the Pistons. When we roll over a team on the road, their local media hangs their heads while we obsess over Carlos Delfino's minutes. Oh, how good we have it!
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Finally King James kneels before his subjects.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

About that illegal screen, they get thrown all the time. They are not illegal at all if the defender does not make an attempt to go thru the screen. Credit Delfino for alertly cutting thru that screen before it was set.
  16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

lee, what i mean about varejao is a little different. last year in the playoffs lebron would start the play at the top, and varejao would come to set a screen. that would normally be okay, but as the defender tried to fight through it, varejao would turn his body and pivot his feet in whatever direction the defender went. that is completely illegal and blatant.

"Jason Maxiell may be the best two-handed dunker in the NBA after Shaq"

i liked that comment in the blog
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I sort of feel like he dunks with one-hand too much.
  18. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I was :confused: at Bron's comment as well. To me its him trying to cover up the fact that his team is no good.

And as for the hated one, he was awesome yesterday; he made Ilgaulkas and Marshall his *****.