At Cleveland February 4th, 2:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by Dlev59, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At Cleveland February 4th, 2:30PM
    TV - ABC

The Pistons travel to Cleveland to face the Cav`s in the first of their five Sunday nationally televised games on ABC. Both teams are struggling within the Central Division, the Cav`s are 4-3, the Pistons 3-4.

Despite their records, at the time of this posting the Pistons are tied with the Wiz for first place in the EC, with the Cav`s one game behind.
  2. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I will be home from the desert, to watch this game. Yes, I am more excited to this game than the Superbowl. Oh, yeah, I do want to see those dang commercials. DLPHD baby!!!!
  3. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

Finally i manage to get one Piston's game on TV. I hope they make my sleepless night worth it.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Rookie Daniel Gibson is now the starting PG for the Cavs, replacing Eric Snow. He's a shoot first player, with some hustle and speed.

It will come down to how well CB plays.

I'd like to see us exploit the inside with Sheed and Webber early. Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Drew Gooden are foul magnets.
  5. roscoe36

According to the Detroit News, Chris Webber will be mic'd up for this game. I hope we can catch some Rasheed Wallace soundbytes.
  6. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Wow. Gibson, Hughes, James, Gooden, Ilgauskas - Mike Brown can preach team defense all he wants, but that's probably the softest team in the NBA. You can isolate any one of them all day long.

I particularly don't understand the benching for this game, given that Snow completely shuts Chauncey down.
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Probably not, they will be rated R from Sheed.............:sssh:
  8. DetroitBasketball

DetroitBasketball First Round Draft Pick

Nice Sunday first this game then the Superbowl. The Pistons will have to shut out Lebron if they want to win. Also, I think Detroit should take advantage of the Cavs being last in the league in free-throw shooting. ( For example, Lebron's free throw shooting in clutch time sucks. )
  9. 4cwebb

4cwebb First Round Draft Pick

Pistons need to take the opportunities the Wizards keep giving them to put a little bit of distance between the best record in the East and the second best record and win this game. Doesn't hurt that a win also pushes the Pistons out one more game in front of another team chasing the best record. The Cavs haven't been playing well, and I'm hoping that they don't opt for Super Bowl Sunday to reverse that trend.

I think this game could be a good showcase for how CWebb will really fit in as the starting C of this team. He's facing a quality back-to-the-basket C in Big Z, and if the Cavs are smart, they test CWebb's post defense early and often. I'd like to see CWebb respond on the defensive end, and I will also be interested to see what type of shots CWebb gets in the offense. I think it unlikely that Big Z will venture out past 10 feet to try to stop CWebb from shooting the 15-18 ft jumper, but I also hope that the offense does not settle for that shot too often. If Big Z isn't going to come out that far away from the basket, CWebb should be able to free up CB and Rip for shots from those distances if he sets some solid screens.

I'd also like to see a steady dose of Sheed in the post against Gooden...Sheed should be able to get just about any shot he wants down low in that match up.
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Big Z should abuse CWeb in the post.
    Good point about the Cavs shooting themselve in the foot by not starting Snow against Billups.
    We need to get inside early and often on this team... likely the worst interior defense in the league.
  11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I'm out here delivering and installing HD cable boxes today, so I'll be watching like oldskool on tape delay, like the good ol days. Itll be a good battle in the middle with Lanier battling his old rival , Jim Chones. Look for Rowe and Bing to have easy goings vs Austin Carr and Bingo Smith's defense. Look for Jim Cleamons to take Bing late....:nerd2:
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah that nasty Laimbeer guy keeps hacking Phil Hubbard... but I'd trade the two.
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

In my world,Laim is still at Notre Dame, though.....
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think we'll see some Dale Davis back in the mix today to help shut down Z.
  15. roscoe36

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Who else here enjoyed that thrilling ice skating action?

What a fabulous warm-up for the new NBA.
  17. roscoe36

I dislike the dancing dolls opening routine, Michelle Tafoya makes me want to claw my eyes out, and Mike Breen is a horrible announcer.

Lucky us that they have Mark Jackson. Count those small blessings...
  18. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I remember when I thought that it was unacceptable to force Rasheed to have to cover for McDyess's woeful defense.

That was before I saw McDyess trying to cover for Webber.
  19. roscoe36

20. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

I'll take a win everyday but Flip Saunders is reverting back to his old ways and playing the starters down to a nub. Rip was almost injured in this game (running into the brickwall of LeBron) and Flip puts him back into the game the first chance he gets. Maxiell has a beast of a game just a few nights ago and he's back to 5 minutes. Isn't this what sunk the Pistons last year? I'm liking the defense though it looked pretty good today and Lindsey can still be a junk yard dog guarding his man like his life depended on it.