At Cleveland December 21st 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2006' started by Dlev59, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The question of scouting does come into the picture, though. If JMax continues to get a good number of minutes, how are the other teams going to adjust to him? And how will he handle that? I guess this is something we won't be able to answer fully until it happens in the playoffs, where matchups and adjustments play a bigger role than they do in the hectic travel-filled regular season.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Lol. GUILTY! :yellowprison:

I just think a lot of what Kerr says is terribly hypocritical. He didn't have the talent of any of the top 8 Detroit players and yet he always seems to have some comment, including the inital mocking of Maxiell/Barkley comparisons.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think a good point was made on the radio by a caller the other day, as well as the comparisons with Sir Charles last night on TNT.

Maxiell doesn't have much of a finesse game outside a soft shot. If he can develop some post moves, up and unders to go with the THROUGH and OVERS, maybe a pump fake or spin fake, he could be devastating. That would compensate for the poor FT shooting if he can increase his efficiency and take more single FT attempts.
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I don't think much of the JMax/Barkley comparisons either. That's a Top 50 dude we're talking about. As KGreg said earlier, and as I've been saying for a while, the best we should hope for from JMax is that he becomes another Corliss. TNT should have been rolling some footage of Big Nasty in his Detroit days for comparison purposes.
  5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Classic garbage time performance from Super Dupes, chucking it up every single time he got the ball! LOL. I get a kick out of watching scrubs do that.

Yeah, the lack of shooting touch is still an issue, but he does bring the glue consistently. That alone makes him a pretty valuable sub.
  6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

From ESPN's Daily Dime:

And they don't even mention the flops, one of which ended up in a Pistons layup. I wonder if Cleveland fans also call him Sideshow Bob? :laugh:
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Re: Very Nice Win Tonight

I played that clip on DVR three times ...Heres Sheed:
    "That was definetly a LEBron call. I better not get too close. They would have called a flagrant."

And whatever happenned to the "and 1" tech that they gave twice to sheed this year. LeBron did it THREE times last night. The league needs to rescind at lweast 3 of Sheed's techs. And when Gooden came out of a timeout after flagrant on Max , he didnt know they called a flagrant and looked right at the ref on the camera and said "Bull%^%$!"
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

like OUR Chauncey and Rip?
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Murray or Lindsay? I say trade FlipII 'round the allstar break.....
  10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

THE CONFLICT IN ME HAS ARISEN ONCE AGAIN!......rats.....
  11. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Interesting evening. I found myself impatiently waiting to see the bench enter the game. I wasn't disappointed either. They performed admirably against an opponent that mattered.

The JMax comparison to Barkley seems more on point to me than with Corliss, only cause of similar power around the basket. Corliss initiated plenty of bump & grind but finished with finess. Give the kid a little while to improve his handles and learn his opponents, then look out.

Billups was masterful in directing the second half flow. He made the team run through its options, instead of the first half fire-and-fall-back approach.

I thought NazMo played a very solid game on both ends.

It sure seemed like the rule changes regarding jump steps and such are effecting LeBron's ability to dominate with drives into the lane. Or maybe it was fatigue from B2B games.

FlipM, zero second half PT. Dude seems kind of stubborn in his me-shoot-first approach.

The single dimensional aspects of the Cavs supporting cast showed up like game 1&2 of last years playoffs. They gotta be having major doubts this morning.
  12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, though it's actually a little more like Game 7 of the Pistons-Cavs series: the final score of that one was 79-61. What's worse about last night's game for the Cavs is that it was in their house.
  13. aus_piston

aus_piston Second Round Draft Pick

Yes, great win. Good to see Dyess grab 11 boards.
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO BARKLEY!!! he was one in a million. If there was one guy that is imcomparable i the history of this league , it was the 6'4" 250lb round mound of rebound! Although :pound: If i see , Brahma go behind his back on a dribble ONE Time, I'll fall off my chair!!

BARKLEY>>>>>>there is no subsitute,,,

ALLNBA ORIGINAL TEAM:

BARKLEY
    MAGIC
    SHAQ
    COUSY
    SKYWALKER THOMPSON

No one did what they did WHEN they were doin it!!
  15. lemonpen

I thought the magnitude of game 7 did more to stop the Cavs than did the Stones, but the Cavs knew what to do. The Cavs had no clue how to attack us in games 1&2. Last night it looked again like they were lost.
  16. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Evans can have his moments on offense. When he gets it going on offense he can run the point total per minute played pretty good. He seems to have, at least for now, found a nice niche with the Fakers. Farmer's Market takes good care of him, AB and Vladi.

:hoops:
  17. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I liked Dupree. What you call forcing a shot, I consider being aggressive. Nothing worse than watching a guy pass the ball and set screens in GT. He made a good play with a lot of hustle and fired and open J (with incredibly ugly form...shades of gerald wallace?). He didn't shoot anything that made me groan.

We see the bench come in early and late. We also see that they are able to contribute a lot. It may not always be impressive as Maxiell's dunks but we get decent plays out of them as a whole (including flip) and it keeps our guys a little fresher. I think it helps them not pace themselves so much. We seem to have a problem jumping on teams early but with our whole team playing, I think its easier for the A team to open up a lead in the 3rd or 4th Q's
  18. lemonpen

Can't argue your point that CB was incredibly talented. Just sayin, IMO JMax is closer to Chas than The Big Nasty, and given time will develop simular finess of a smaller player.
  19. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

As I recall, Corliss played a lot with his back to the basket; i.e. he posted up a lot and developed some pretty good moves to go with his jumper

:gun1:
  20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, my roommate in grad school referred to Corliss as the "six foot four thug in the post."

He also referred to Kurt Thomas as "a shi!#y Terry Cummings." :pound: