At Cleveland December 21st 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2006' started by Dlev59, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At Cleveland December, 21st

TV - TNT 8:00PM

The Pistons take their new found bench strength to Cleveland in search of their first division win of the season. Detroit at the moment are percentage points ahead of the Cav`s for 1st place in the Central Division.

Drew Gooden and Varejao seemed to grab every rebound during the battles last year. This year should be different as DD and The Brahma meet Drew and Anderson.

Hopefully the Pistons will keep their composure as Lebron is given some freedom to do whatever he wants, however, he will need help to lead his team to victory, which he will not get on this night......
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

SHEED MUST BLEED Episode 10
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Let's go as far as we can with out Sheed. Maybe he will come back with something to prove.
    Free the Brahma.
  4. roscoe36

Just heard on the radio that Sheed is cleared to play this game after practicing ok today. Flip says he should be good for up to 27 minutes.
  5. max

max All-Star

I heard his WDFN interview today and they asked him about that. Flip said he meant somewhere in the later 20's mins wise, 27, 28 ,29 something like that. He also said that he leaves all decisions to Arnie Kander. Kander cleared Sheed so he will play.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah Sheed decided he better get healthy quick before he gets the gored.
  7. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Pistons are still winless in single games this year (now 0 - 7). Will they break through in Cleveland? They had better get it together on singles as they only have 22 back to backs this year. LOL

:hoops:
  8. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Good thing Cleveland was on a back to back today. They lost to NJ.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think we beat them by ten pt.
  10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Local chnnel is going to have live game to-morrow morning and, as usual, recap at late night will be my only choce. :mad:
  11. roscoe36

Come by the chat brofmfa!
  12. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I hope we come out focused. We need to be able to use that time off to our advantage...not count against us.
  13. roscoe36

14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Very Nice Win Tonight

1. On the road
    2. Beat one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference
    3. Excellent defensive effort
    4. Another nice game by JMax
    5. Dyess is warming up with his first double double? this year.
    6. Nazr didn't get in foul trouble
    7. Well balanced attack (7 guys with 9 or more points)
    8. Excellent job on the boards
    9. Great to have Sheed back
    10. Playing the right way!!!

:hoops::hoops:
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Pistons finally get their first non-back-to-back win of the season! Hmm...

Ugly game a lot of the way through, Pistons were up 57-55 after 3 quarters. The 3rd was only 15-14 in favor of the Pistons. The Cavs continued to stink it up in the 4th, but the Pistons finally came alive, going on a big run sparked by Chauncey finally hitting some shots. Dice actually came alive in the 4th quarter, finishing with 11 points and 11 boards. JMax had a HUGE 2nd quarter, including one mind-boggling dunk where he got clubbed by Gooden, faded away, and still dunked on him!

I'm really amazed by how bad Cleveland's offense was. Ilgauskas had a decent game, and Lebron got a few of his usual highlights, but everyone else for them was horrible. Hughes, Gooden, Sideshow Bob, and Damon were a combined 9-38 from the floor. Pistons shot 44% from the floor, Tay leading the way at 8 of 11, but Cleveland only shot 34%.
  16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Re: Very Nice Win Tonight

Sheed only played 25 minutes; as was reported before the game, he was probably going to get around 25-27. But Rip only played 29.
  17. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Slippy-Cap

An impressive win with shades of the Going to Work Pistons - Detroit did a decent job of keeping lebron from getting into the lane and limiting fast breaks. The highlight of the game was the Brahma in the 1st half. A couple of sweet jumpers and thunderous slams was punctuated with a throwdown on Gooden who got whistled for a flagrant. Sweet. However it was Rip who provided the majority of the pistons horsepower by rebounding, pushing the ball up and feeding tay for all manners of highlight reel goodness.

Blalock got a nice look at the point. I like the way he pushes the tempo and the ball moves more when he's in but still needs to make better decisions...and learn to shoot.

Delfino got some good minutes and rebounded well and played some nice D and got a stuff of lebron that was whistled according to the NBA's superstar rule. But he needs to learn to shoot.

Flip M. did he play?
    Rip was the heart of the pistons. He is really aggressive and it pays off in multiple ways. He is a bona fide triple threat now.

Naz i don't remember much of him late in the game but early on he was pretty active. He needs to learn how to hold on to the ball. Had one nice post move. I think he's a great cleanup guy but the pistons don't post/ drive the lane enough to allow him to do those little things he excels at.

Sheed rebounding and interior D was good. 3 point shooting. When he hits its great. I still think he shoots too many no matter if its in the flow of the offense.

I liked Tay at the head of the zone. I think he had a great deal to do with lebron not being able to create havoc in our paint. had some sweet looking blocks.

Chauncey broke the game open in the 4th. The whole team heated up after him and just broke the game out.

We had a dupree sighting. He got a good o-board (was it his own miss?) and a short jumper. But he too needs to learn how to shoot.

The announcers said that the game had no personality and I agree. Both team did "just enough" to stay tight until the pistons were able to open it up. I had the feeling that the Cavs were reacting to us. A good game for pistons fans. And Maxiel needs to learn to shoot (freethrows that is)
  18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Good recap slip, though I'd throw in some dap for Dice as well. He rebounded well for most of the game, though he was bad in every other facet until the 4th quarter, when he got it all together and helped spark the big Pistons run that put the Cavs away.
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

One of the most entertaining parts about this game (besides the win) was the commentary.

After Varejo (sp?) flopped as Chauncey was coming around the screen. They didn't call it, but when they were heading back he was like "nice flop" or "you like flopping" something to that extent.

And then after a bulls%it foul call, Sheed and Dyess were having a conversation at the FT line. Sheed was like it must be nice to be Lebron, getting all these calls, and Dyess was like i know right

Sheed pretty much sucked tonight, but i swear ball dont lie never gets old

LOL
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Amen Buddah.