At Cleveland Cavs March 31st, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 29, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah Freddie Mac and Carr would have ruined it for me even if we had won....
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Three highlights for me.

1. When Bynum charged, and they showed Curry on the sideline with his head buried in his hand. It was a Matt Millen in the skybox flipping out moment (Lions fans will get it).

2. At the end of the game, Tay goes to hug LeBron and call him daddy, and LBJ makes Tay touch one of his muscles. I think it is the muscle he used to score at will on everyone but Walter Hermann. So Tay actually touches his muscle. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen.

3. Walter Hermann.

Looks like Sheed has mentally checked out. He's obviously out of shape, and knowing Sheed, probably didn't think we would make the playoffs. He's probably really disappointed he will have to play out his contract.

I know we will hear about AA and Amir and how Curry is an idiot, but Stuckey was outplayed, Rip was terrible as Captain flopping all over the place, and I don't think we won a single positional matchup.

Which makes it amazing we only lost by single digits.

I was on the "we can make noise in the playoffs" but without Sheed being into it, and the backward development of Stuckey, even Yeoman efforts from Walter Hermann aren't going to be enough.
  3. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Lol why did the Pistons even get AI real talk?? He was the ONLY player that played well the 2nd half..He was getting whatever he wanted. He gets a shot blocked and he had the near TO i'll give him that, but they still had the ball. After the break I look on the court and AI is gone they took him out for Stuck who went 3-14?? I like Stuck and he's my boy, but he just didn't have it tonight. To make it worse they had 3 or 4 straight turnovers after he went out.

The thing that irritates me the most about it was that anytime Rip had it going during the stretch of games when he was 6th man you kept him out there, so I assumed it would be the same for AI, but i guess not, because that was arguably Ai's best offensive stretch as a Piston..hahaha...and Curry takes him out..hahaha. For real its almost funny to me now how big of a clown Curry is. All they need is to have him wear some floppy shoes and a big red nose on the sidelines.
  4. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

They played well but not down the stretch. Very disappointing. I just want tay and sheed gone next year. I am not blaming them, but we need a fresh look.
  5. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I just think they are trying to ease him back in. He said in an interview that he was out of game shape but I agree with you. If he had the gas in the tank I would have let him finish the game instead of Stuck.
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You will. If you play the best possible players and put the team in a position to succeed with good coaching/rotations you don't need every player or even most to perform at a high statistical level. We used to win games constantly with alot of our players having quote unquote bad games.

None of the Cavs played particularly well either.

The problem with Will vs Stuck is Will is too aggressive and Stuck not enough. Will makes mistakes but produces. Stuck is so conscious of how he's playing that he's second-guessing himself constantly which makes him cautious but ineffective.

Rip's rhythm is off and it's showing

We needed AI to play more and he should have, but unfortunately his defensive ineptitude was on full display in the 2nd quarter which caused a swing in momentum. Daniel Gibson has been struggling big time this season.

Still Will/AI was our best backcourt this game. And letting Gibson continue to chuck might have led to mixed results and maybe maintaining a lead.

Sheed looks pretty much like he always looks when he comes back from injury.

Amir is getting jerked around again. It's good he doesn't play. It would negatively affect our tanking.

This game was easily winnable, and personnel IMO is not a problem. If we could give Curry a team of 8 players only then maybe he wouldn't be able to screw it up.
  7. LA Dre

First the Good. Bulls lost..we maintain # 7

The bad, we could have won this game, but somebody texted Curry in the end to put Stuckey back in...twice at the end of the 2nd qtr and and then again at end of the game..

Even though Bynum threw a way a key pass in the end, there was no need to pull him for Rotten Suckey... We still had the momentaum. AI was the only Piston tonight to shoot better than 50%. Maybe he should have got 26 minutes and Succo 18??

The d gave up 32 pts in the second after holding the Cavs to 12 in the first. Their D gave up only 29 points in the second half.............Somebody check and see if we have won any games this season scoring under 75 pts.....

shooting as in the 3's tonight

Sheed 3-8
    Bynum 3-8
    Dice 3-9
    Tay 3-10
    Stuckey 3-14
    and guess what Rip hit 4 buckets (4-14)
  8. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You are kidding, right. That did not happen. Please tell me that did not happen. The tech that sheed got should have been Tay's or Curry's tech to get.....Just tell me that Tay did not touch his muscles....please tell me.
  9. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Well said. This is the way this team plays. We are a jump shooting team. If we are off then we will lose on most nights.

Dice was off, Tay was off and Rip was off. Those are our most consistent shooters and they just didn't have it tonight.

Just listened to Mike Brown's presser and he was gushing about "Andy" hustling and keeping balls alive and challenging shots. I still think that Amir is that guy for us and like Brown said, "you got to have a guy on your team that is willing to do those things for you to win games".

Didn't we have them with four team fouls with 6 minutes left to go in the game? Why did we not force the issue and get to the line more??
  10. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

A two more things I needed to add about that game

1) I'm so tired of Sheed getting T's.. For real sometimes it's funny, but after awhile it gets old..Calls aren't always going to go your way. I find it funny that people call the nba leader in T's "selfless"

2) If i see Tay have one more 3 in the corner and do that slow pathetic pump fake I'm going to lose my mind. It was funny to me because Lebron wouldn't even flinch everytime he did that weak pumpfake. Probably because he practiced with him enough during the summer to know that its coming 80% of the time.

Ok i'm done lol
  11. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

I thought the team played well; Walter Herrmann shutting down Lebron was classic.
    I am a little angry at the officiateing it was very inconsistent and change the momentum, after so many rediculas calls it really seemed like the pistons just stoped trying.
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

I just rewound it cuz I missed it real time. Tay kinda stroked his right hand from LBJ's left shoulder all the way across his chest and then felt up his right bicep. Maybe it's leftover Olympic luv they share...
  13. roscoe36

He did. And as said in chat, I bet he was thinking...

"This muscle is bigger than my luggage"

[​IMG]
  14. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

thank god, I thought I was the only one who noticed the awful commentating.
  15. LA Dre

Because the coaches never discuss it in wastefull timeouts and the players never discuss it on the floor,,because at least four of them are only in love with their jumpshots....or just to dam afraid to attack the rim
  16. roscoe36

I think the pumpfake is totally a nervous action. Tay isn't a Kobe type shooter. It is annoying because he does it to fill time. It's obvious he's not going to shoot.
  17. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Walters defence on Lebron was gold, not to mention Bynum trying to dunk. We got outplayed in the end in what was a very winnable game, I think the refs were just inconsistent and it gave Cleveland the momentum.
  18. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Make a decision already Pistons. Get your ---- together or just tank.

Again, Rasheed can kiss my ass.
  19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I didn't mind this one though. That blocking foul call on Prince was one of the worst calls I've seen all year, and THAT is saying something.

Sheed has reached the limit though, right? One game suspension is coming his way.
  20. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

I didn't see the game. but based on a comment (didn't detect sarcasm), Walter H shut down LBJ for a spell?
    And he did the same to Dirk before...

How can he sometimes play great D, but most of the time be miserable??