At Cleveland Cavs March 31st, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 29, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

There are two kinds of arrogant.

People who are too stupid to know they aren't all that.

People who are over-compensating for some insecurity.
  2. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

I think the biggest problem i have with Lebron's arrogance compared to Kobe's for example is that Lebron has more of a "look at me" attitude. It seems like no matter what he's doing he HAS TO BE the center of attention.
  3. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Don't understand why people gotta hate on the lebrons and the wades because of their arrogance, as if the pistons haven't been the most arrogant and self entitled team in the league since All Star 06. KG and Pierce might be douchebags but they sought out their goal and let nothing get in their way. Our teams character kind of repulses me as a fan; which is the main reason I want us to go lean next year as it appears that joe isn't gonna make a big FA splash.

Hate the refs and the NBA for catering to them, not because they are not pistons/make anbiguous and innocuous comment that gets taken out of context in the media.

My dislike for Kobe is different. IMO Kobe is one of the bigger a-holes in sports.
  4. max

max All-Star

Very true. Probably the only thing seperating him from Jordan, Bird, Magic and those guys is that they did not have reporters asking them stupid questions - trying to make them media darlings.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Believe it or not I like LeBron and have forgiven him for what he did to us in 2007. (or what we did to ourselves) The dude is just not arrogant, he is good..just admit it:smoke06:

I like the way he fired his former agents and turned all of his management over to his three childhood friends who had no experience. They seem to be doing a good job IMO.
    If we don't win the whole thing this year,:laugh: I wouldn't mind seeing the Cavs beat the Lakers or Spurs... Kobe has his three rings..that is enough...Duncan has his 4 that is enough...The three guys from Celtics have their one and that is enough. Let Lebron get his in Cleveland this year and then Joe can can offer the farm to move up the river to Detroit next year ....believe me if that happen most of us would be all in his jock just we are in Amir's Alflolo's, Max's, AI's etc...well you get the picture:love:
  6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Yes. That's a lot of it now that you mention it.

Too much media exposure.

There is also the fact that he gets away with crab dribbing.
  7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wouldn't think they would bounce.
  8. max

max All-Star

If you have a chance to watch an old Celtics game on classic sports or whatever then you will be shocked with what they used to get away with.
  9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on which non-Piston team we're rooting for Dre.

It would be hard for me to believe that I'm alone (on this board especially) in hoping that LeBron somehow goes his entire career without winning a ring. I don't think it'll happen but I hope it does.

Efff all the "NBA Darlings"!
  10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

since ben aint playin no way im watchin final cavs 100 to 73
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Tiger Woods is a perfect example of someone who has been great his entire sporting life, who is as confident as it gets, yet who seems to be humble, gracious, giving, etc. etc. He doesn't seek additional attention and many of the things that he does are to avoid it.

Part personality and partly because his Dad cared about what type of person he was molding. :lecturer:

Guys like Lebron probably could have used Earl Woods' guidance. And I don't even think Lebron is that obnoxious, I'm just referring to him because of the conversation here.
  12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I'll 2nd that....

in the east I don't want Boston to win again, Cleveland or Orlando to win ever.... I would be ok with atlanta winning.... Miami never again please....

in the west.... I seem to have gotten a soft spot for Portland for some reason but other then maybe Utah nobody there do I want to really see win, however I am "ok" with SA winning again. They play the right way, and there super star is humble.
  13. BallDon'tLie

Yeah round.

I tend to back the Spurs once the Pistons are out of it.

- I like Pop.
    - I think the Spurs and Pistons have a lot in common in the way that the deck is stacked against 'em due to the fact that they aren't one of Stern's "marque" teams.
    - When the Pistons were good, the Spurs seemed to respect the Pistons.
    - As you said: SA plays the "right way"
    - I live in Denver and Nuggets fans hate the Spurs (I don't care for Nuggets fans).
  14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Perfect example for what I couldn't put my finger on. Tiger is confident without seeming like a self-centered clown. Tiger is a master of the media.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:drillsergeant: Hey TURKEY bacon, drop and give me 50! :director:
  16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

agreed.... he was asked sat why he was playing... he gave that sorta look like duhhh and says to win of course, and i'm 0-2 so far....

He expects the best from himself 100 percent of the time, but at the same time seems to show respect for the game, its history, and the guys he's playing against.

He's the superstar you can actually root for everytime to win, and TV ratings back it up, when tiger is on the prowl for sunday the ratings are sooooo much better then they ever are when he's not close.
  17. BallDon'tLie

IMO; He's a bit of a robot with the media.

I get the feeling that nobody outside of his close circle has ever seen his true personality. Occasionally he'll do something funny or entertaining but you get the feeling that he had to get it pre-approved by his publicist prior to doing so.

That being said, I REALLY enjoy watching him play!
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That robot thing is what I'm talking about. His sole focus when he deals with the media is to convey information in a professional way. He's honest in defeat and victory and doesn't try to bring more attention to himself. But at the same time, he always knows the name of the person who is interviewing him, he always knows the history of golf and the magnitude of the records that he is breaking and shows respect to the games legends.

When he loses, he'll admit that he didn't have his best stuff. He'll give credit to his opponents on their performance and competitiveness. When he wins, he'll admit that he felt nerves ("and the day I don't feel nervous is the day I quit" for example).

Also, I'm not one to root for the overdog, but I always root for Tiger. I respect everything about the guy. He's one of the most gifted guys on tour, but he also built up his body, worked harder on his game than anyone else (maybe with the exception of Vijay), and developed the best mental game of anyone. On top of all that, he's nice to people.

Again, you gotta give some credit to him having a very strong father, which is something that a lot of NBA players don't have when they are going through those phases where everyone is telling them they are the best. If you don't have Earl Woods to anwer to, you may start to believe it after a while.
  19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

...since Big Ben got injured.
  20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

It sure is. That actually was a really boring (and frustrating) game to watch. Posession after possession, 4 Cavs just standing around waiting for Detroit to clear the lane for LeBron to lay it up. If Detroit felt like stopping him, they would have. I still believe, in my twisted mind, that the Pistons let him do that because they didn't want to play SAS in the finals again.

LeBron was such a nice kid when he started this league. Then he was kingified.