At Cleveland Cavs Feb. 22nd, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 16, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am not in love with any players on this team, which means I am OK with any of them leaving so won't call out any names. Some are lazy, some are mailing it in, a couple do show some intensity if they play, but don't play enough to get consistent. Basically they have quit on the coach and probably did so in late January.

The chemistry has deteriorated as the coach went thru to many lineup changes after 35 games when all of that experimentation should have been done in the first 20 games

I will call out the coach and his assistants as not in-tune with the players strengths and weaknesses and not knowing when to play them, not knowing when to call time outs, or even set up successful plays in timeouts, or execute in crunch time. Yes some of that is on the players, as a team with at least six vets who have been together with the team 3+ years, should be able to this in their sleep despite a clueless coach.:lecturer:
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm not looking for this team to be championship contenders. I'm looking for them to actually looking like human beings playing basketball. I don't want to watch morose, depressed, frustrated individuals who no matter what they do are stuck in the same cycle over and over again.

I don't see how the problem cannot be in part energy and youth since this team looks completely different when the said youth gets of the bench.

Playing the youth who play defense and try hard plus mixing in the vets will make this season tolerable for me. If we win, good. If we don't, we will at least looks ALOT better than we do now. The young guys sans Stuckey seem unaffected by this fog that's settled over the veterans. And if we continue to ride the vets into the ground, it's going to get much worse. Even if you don't think they have "it" anymore, that's as good a reason as any to kill the shortened rotation.

Do i think we are a championship contender? No. Do i think we'll win 50 games? No. And you know what i don't care. I just want to see players being put in a position to succeed. Or be able to feel good about the way the team played.

IMO, alot of what you see is because yes the vets have realized that Curry sucks, but they are probably sick of the same "promises" about how this season there would be . . . etc, etc. Curry is repeating the same patter Flip did.

Changing the rotation will solve alot of problems for many reasons and while it will not make them world champions, IMO they will be able to at least competitive (ie; not down 37).

The rotations are the ones of a team that thinks it's a contender. This team isn't. I know it. You know it. The players know it. And i think if the coach and management stopped pretending it is and call it what it is, things would get better than they are now. Cut the veterans minutes, lengthen the rotation, lessen the discouragement. You can't continually be dissappointed if your expectations are realistic. The veterans are also not stupid. They know that this rotation isn't getting to the promise land and deep down they probably know that they are no longer good enough to get there alone (or at all) with or w/o other factors. We have been doing the same thing for 4 years. It's an exercise in futility. Every year we're going to play the bench, lighten the load, etc. And every year we end up back in this exact same place.

Do the bolded that and you'll see a better team; one that may actually end up liking playing with eachother again. And that will translate on the court.

The effort button on the older guys is not broken. They just know that what they are being sold is completely unrealistic. Joe needs to make Curry back off and loosen the reigns (or fire him).

------------------

As for the trade and players and all that. For me, i got ripped apart for even suggesting AI could be part of the problem. Just because there happens to be bigger ones now or things have gotten so bad that it's hard for people to figure out wth to blame doesn't negate AI being a bad fit for this team or part of the reason that things went so sour. I try to not engage in disussions about it anymore, and stop them before they become arguments and will continue to do that for my own sanity, but i don't feel like criticizing any player should be off-limits or cause such a stir. I think the only reason it becomes "poisonouis" is because poeple have to have an opinion on someone else's opinion. In all the time i've posted here, there has never been a player on this Piston team that there has been such an irrational backlash to negativity expect maybe Darko. And even that wasn't as bad.

There are plenty of posters that dislike Sheed, some who's posts i love reading, but you won't see anything resembling the above to those people. Someone made a good point; that it only seems like some players get blamed so much because every time they are it turns into a circus.

And i know you weren't singling me out. I commented because the topic you were reffering to with that statement was pretty clear.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

had the game on DVR, saw the score, watched 1 quarter and deleted it. to me it was telling that curry was mic'ed up for the game and they showed him during a timeout frantically yelling and pleading with the guys to give more effort and hustle, while they were all just starting up at the jumbotron. they've tuned this guy out.

but you know what? they asked for it! they all touted curry at the beginning of the year. meh.

another problem playing stuckey and ai together in the starting lineup is that the size advantage stuckey would have over most PGs is completely eliminated because the smaller opposing guard always gets assigned AI. so instead of us having a big backcourt with 6'5" and 6'7", we are now undersized at defending PG and half the time with SG.
  5. roscoe36

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Credit??? if they like Lee's words of wisdom that much, he should at least get paid for it too and then offered a job to boot.

Good lookin out Roscoe...:thumb[1]:
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think they should credit Lee. He puts a lot of work into it regardless if you agree or not. Nice writing Lee.
  8. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Bleacher Report is a nice place...wouldn't expect that, but I guess the "[SARCASM]writer[/SARCASM]" wanted some views.
  9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I second that. Lee does put in alot of work on those game recaps. It is not right for someone to take credit for it. I may not agree with everything he says, but he does make some good points.
  10. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Maybe you found your niche Lee. All you need now is a press pass.

Give em Heck Roscoe. That just ain't right.
  11. roscoe36

My issue with it is copyright. It's fraud to say you wrote something someone else did. As far as reprinting our content, I don't have an issue with that. On the internet it is impossible to control, and we don't have the manpower or legal resources to chase down everyone who copies a post.

Usually, I just ask that we link to our sources, and people link to us when we are the source.

Ultimately, it is up to Lee.
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I post on multiple boards. I love having people copying me. But this guy gave me no credit, and is pawning it off as his own work. Thats not nice. Thanks in advance if you want to take the time to mention it to this guy. Have a great evening.
  13. max

max All-Star

Un friken beleivable. They just took it and re-posted it!

Anyway. Things are really not that bad. They only seem bad since the team has lost 6 straight and I don't know how many out of the last 20. Blowing home games to inferior teams.

Training camp is only 7 months away and I am ready for a new team. Not to say that something can't be salvaged from this year - we will see. Maybe Curry will get fired over the weekend and Dumars will bring someone in who will help him evaluate who is worth keeping. Or maybe the 3 sprits from Scrooge will pay Curry a visit and teach him the error of his coaching ways. I don't know - anything can happen.

What will happen is Dumars will be able to sign some decent players over the summer. Lot of talented players go to non-contenders for various reasons. An opportunity for PT that they were not getting behind vets, or more money - whatever. Point is - its going to happen.

Not always easy seeing old frinds go but in the NBA fan world there are always new ones to replace them. Perhaps new ones that will not take for granted who they are and where they are.
  14. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Re: CHANGE OF PLANS

I disagree with the rest...it's not OK.
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Wow, Lee being posted on 'other' networks!!! Die hund IST loose!!!!! :winner_first_h4h:
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

That's totally messed up. :censored::mad2:
  17. roscoe36

I sent the site admins over there a message. Hopefully they take it down in a day or so.