At Cleveland Cavs Feb. 22nd, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 16, 2009.

1. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Too funny. I just love this forum even though the pistons suck right now. But the pistons will be back and sooner than you think.

2. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yeah I had a couple last night too. That is why I couldn't type in the chat last night.

3. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

But he holds players accountable!!!!!

Oh wait...yup....he's garbage. :ohwell:

4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Walter Herrmannn plays, we lose. Simple as that.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If they can get a marketing slogan out of this then we'll know they've quit on the fans also. The Graveyard Shift?

Maxey is a head case who is always picking up T's in big games. This is just like the BOS game. Joe D should trade him now. I'm tired of it.

How would Dyess pick up fouls? There is only one Piston big who would rack up fouls on the 3 pt barrage the Cavs laid on them.

6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Folks,

THE DETROIT PISTONS has officially became the DESTROYED PISTONS!

7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I actually sorta like what skip on first take called us this morning... the detroit mistons.

8. Latinoking90

There's no D or even any O in etrit.

9. detteam

detteam All-Star

"EEEtrit BASKETball" ugh

10. Latinoking90

We minus as well, take out the I.

No intensity. :granade:

The E maybe too.

NO EFFORT.

11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

People can rag on Amir, but when he was in the SL and in that 3rd quarter against CLE, we looked 1000000000000000000000000X better.

Whether that's a product of Dyess/Sheed being so bad or Amir/Sheed being so good is debatable. I would say it falls 65 -70% towards one side.

Curry is losing the team because he is making bad decision after bad decision, and talking out of his behind. The players aren't stupid. Neither is my 3 year old niece who would probably do a better job at this point.

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Summer League was 8 months ago.

We have to live in the now. Right now, this team is in crisis.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I didn't even really watch the summer league. I'm talking about this season. I think it's pretty obvious at this point that this is the worst possible front-court SL we could go with.

If the goal is to get this team off the slide, you have to play the youth, infuse some energy into the team, and make the players enjoy playing again. Going with all the vets and losing like this over and over again is not going to do anything to help morale.

All of our starters look like they have more pep in their step especially defensively when Amir or Arron are in the game. Something not noticed about Stuck is how well he played with AA. They were really comfortable and seemed to have good chemistry.

We are not winning a championship. There needs to feel like there is some forward movement with this team for the player's sake and the sake of Low's podcasts'.

14. roscoe36

Please don't take this the wrong way, I said something similar to someone else and they got upset, which was not my intention.

If you're watching these games, the problem is not energy or the youth. That's a superficial examination, just like saying if a certain trade was not made, which is something that can't even be undone now, will change anything.

We're confronted by some serious problems. It's like living in a mansion for 6 years, only to find out the foundation is rotten and it sits on a major fault line.

The coach is so horribly inexperienced, his players do not respect him.
    Tay has stopped playing.
    Sheed gives about 5 or 10 decent minutes, but has mostly stopped playing.
    All of the kids look like deer in headlights, starting at Stuckey on down.
    Dice and AI are the only guys working consistently hard, and last night for the first time ever, I think they were both ready to throw in the towel.

We have less talent than we thought we had, we have worse coaching than we expected from a rookie, and many of our players are living off their reputations, they simply are not the players they were 4 or 5 years ago in the Spurs series, no matter how much we have those images captured in our minds.

I think we're capable of more, much more, but with so many holes in the boat, and a captain who only knows how to order more coal into the boiler, things are not as simple as moving the deck chairs around on the Titanic anymore.

50 games in, when all the national announcers can find positive to talk about your team is the cap room, you're sinking.

Sorry to be a bummer, and hope springs eternal, but the picking on players (which I am guilty of as well) talk on the board is becoming poisonous, and it's not an accurate assessment of what is wrong anymore. It might have been 3 months ago, but now we see the cracks, and we have the geological survey. Sooner or later, nature was going to catch up to this team.

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The problem is indeed energy and youth. Very specifically, the energy and youth Amir can provide, and Dyess can't. Dyess is a fine center, but as a replacement for the ever hustling, fleet footed Amir, he is absolutely horrid. In no way, shape, or form, is Dyess a power forward. You can rag on Amir all you want, and yet, he is a power forward.

Now, if you care to argue the point, go find me a game where Amir started and any complaints about energy to start games was given. Good luck.

16. roscoe36

I didn't even mention Amir in that post, but that we need to move beyond it if we want to understand what is wrong with the team.

Ordering more energy is what Curry is doing. He is yelling down to the boiler room, MORE COAL, MORE COAL, but if you look at the team in the huddle during timeouts, no one is listening to the intercom anymore.

If Joe hasn't had a come to Jesus type meeting with these guys yet (which would amaze me if that is the case), he needs to. Because right now, there are very few guys who are putting their heart and soul into their jobs. And I fear Curry is just trying to grind them down the way Doug Collins would.

/roscoe runs off to check if Curry played for Collins...

Yup. 2 years.

17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

This is my favorite post from the past few months Roscoe. And I am making a commitment that everytime my adrenaline gets going because a fellow poster is ragging on one of my individual favorite Pistons, I won't allow myself to respond to that post. As a discipline. Because I too think that the back and forth focus on individual players is becoming poisonous and I really really love this forum and don't want to contribute to it going downhill in any way. Our team may be going downhill right now, but our PistonsForum.com doesn't have to join it on the skids. We can keep avowing our attachment to the team of the Detroit Pistons, however they are constituted, and look forward to better days.

:amen::humble:

18. roscoe36

Thanks K. To be fair to Lee, he's not part of the player oriented negativity. He has focused on lineups, rotations etc for as long as I have known him. Amir probably is an upgrade over Dice at this point.

But if Tay and Sheed are not willing to fight for a title, and have given up, there is only so much Amir or Afflalo can do.

19. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

WEll done, and by the way, weird! I just started reading this on Friday!

20. roscoe36

Awesome. Snow Crash is a trip for sure.