At Cleveland Cavs Feb. 22nd, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 16, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And soon if Joe doesn't do anything, he will lose them too:loser:
  2. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

A symbolic firing maybe needed to have a decent finish to this season. Never thought the Pistons could underachieve their talent level so much. The FA crop does not look great. Joe better work up a fantastic trade. That Darko pick is coming back to haunt us in spades.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

After looking over the boxscore:

You know, it may seem to some we got stomped from out the gate and it never quit. But its not actually true.

We started the 2nd quarter down 22. Eight minutes later, Herrmann came in to replace Afflalo. We were still down 22 at that point. Of course, in no time, we were down 30.

Why do I mention this? We did manage to gain 10 points on Cleveland in the 2nd half of the game with our starters still out there. Sure, you can count that as Cleveland sleep walking with such a big lead. But hey, just maybe, we could have made a game out of it.

My point - Curry threw in the towel in the 2nd quarter of the game. No coach since I started watching back in the early 70's has such a tendency to throw in the towel as quick as Curry does.

I have followed the Pistons thru thick and thin over the years. Sometimes, the team was really lousy. But they still fought like mad, trying to eke out a win here and there. There is no excuse at all for what Curry did tonight. The game was still winnable late in the 2nd quarter. If he played the right players from that point.

Oh, and of course, it surprises me not one bit to see we actually had a long stretch of that 1st half where the lead did not change. Afflalo plays D.

Of course, winning games seems something Curry has no interest in. He is apparently way off the deep end, and someone needs to toss him a preserver. Like firing him. He is lost. More embarrassment of him will serve nobody. Let the guy go already.
  4. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

One word can sum that effort up: horrible. It's obvious that the players have given up on the coach, and Curry doesn't know what to do about it. The chemistry on this team is just horrible. The lack of leadership is killing us. Someone has to step up as a leader, but it seems like no one is going to do it.
  5. max

max All-Star

I don't know - maybe he is trying to get fired. It would explain a lot.
  6. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Speaking of Stuckey, his D was horrible tonight. Because of his D he let in 13 points in the first quarter tonight. Three wide open 3s by West and two drives that he defended horriblely. I don't know what is wrong with him. He seems like a different player.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Cleveland only made 4 FG's in that extended garbage time. You know why? Because we had bench players who played hard and tried on defense. That is very rare in the NBA. Cleveland only made 4 baskets and was held to 11 points, which kept the crowd from getting free tacos and kept the Pistons from getting even more humiliated by having a 120 on the board. I believe Hermy was in for the entire 4th too, so great job by all our guys to really make up for his presence.

By the way, what was up with the tech on Maxiell? Glad they didn't call one on Amir after that clean block.

My only other comment: I really think Doris Burke is a good announcer. Every time I'm watching a game when she's announcing, I have that thought. Very insightful and she knows the teams. One of my pet peeves is when an announcer declares something that is completely wrong because they don't bother doing their homework.
  8. Patron

Patron Second Round Draft Pick

If i remember right, rip and stuckey were on the floor and their starting lineup was on the bench entire 4th quarter.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It was Rip and Bynum... bench players.

I'm not saying anything other than this: most garbage time events turn into the equivalent of the rookie sophomore game. Detroit's garbage time players tonight locked it down. It was good to see that they cared enough to bother doing that.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

To bad Kwame didn't get a chance to get in there and show his skills on national TV
  11. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Re: CHANGE OF PLANS

I think that it's cool that you're making a statement. Not as cool as a podshow, but i don't blame you one bit.
  12. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

This post contains too much logic. Rescind this immediately.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wow. No wonder guys don't usually give it their all in GT. If Detroit fans don't even respect it, Clippers fans sure won't.
  14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This road trip may be the final straw for Curry. If he returns without a single win from this trip, he'll be fired.

At this point, it is rude to not fire Curry.
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

GT has a new meaning in Detroit.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's not that Amir doesn't play hard. That's never been the question about him. His athleticism has never been the question.

His commitment to being a professional baller and his court sense are the issues.

Everyone is happy he played hard in GT. But to take his + away from this game as meaning anything, well that is probably going to sum up his career. Footnote.

Picture, in 2026, a cyborg George Blaha does the halftime trivia question on FoxSatelliteDetroit.

"What 56th pick is Detroit's all time leader in garbage time hustle and +/-?"

"If you answer the question correctly, you get 2 Buddy's Pizzas for the low price of 3,000 Ed Meeses, courtesy of Palace Sports and Galactic Entertainment!"

Hyperinflation has devalued the dollar to the extent that trillion dollar bills — Ed Meeses — are nearly disregarded and the quadrillion dollar note — the Gipper — is the standard 'small' bill.
    Snow Crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ah, but that's what I'm talking about. Professionalism. Not just him, but all the lousy scrubs that were put in. You see the help defense being played out there when it didn't matter? Diving on the floor in a 22 point game. Not giving up a sure layup.

Frankly, I'm not seeing professionalism from our starters. I'm not enjoying the 67 point first half that Cleveland (a defensive team) put up on us. You wanted no dumb fouls? Well you got it. Dyess had 0 fouls tonight and it showed. Our starting big men delivered 2 fouls total and had 1 free throw. Get involved guys. Quit loafing. Show some pride.
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

and THAT analysis everyone is know as a STRETTTTTTTTTTTTTch! LOL

"We started the 2nd qtr down 22" >>>>>stop it Ur killin mE!!
  19. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

Re: CHANGE OF PLANS

Curry seeks consistency | detnews.com | The Detroit News

http://www.hoopsworld.com/TheWireStory.asp?id=16950

Curry seeking fighters | detnews.com | The Detroit News

fire curry
  20. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

"Curry seeks consistency". You get consistency by being consistent, Curry. Changing your mind every few games won't help players' confidence either. :crossed: