At Cleveland Cavs Feb. 22nd, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

He asked where the unemployment office was located.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

LOL, my turn:

He asked were the janitors office and uniform were located.
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

The way this team is disintegrating under Curry will force Joe to pay more for FA's. He needs to nip this in the bud asap if he wants the Pistons to be EC viable in coming years...otherwise the Pistons will turn teal again.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Where to start. Why start. When will the Pistons arrive for the game? Oh, they did show up. But they don't have a coach with them. For sure, Curry will blame the players tonight. But he himself has quit showing up.

The Pistons could not run plays. A bunch of one on one stuff that went nowhere. More and more, you see the other team running sharp plays, and the Pistons appear not to have ever played a game in the same gym.

Who did what? No Piston did anything. Nothing. West had a great shooting game for them, since we don't play any defense.

What else to talk about. How about the fact Herrmann went 5-15 in this game. Curry runs into adversity, and he sends Herrmann out there to jack up shots the rest of the night. No working on plays. No giving guys like JMAX, Amir, Affflalo, some shot attempts. You know, the guys who actually play for us, and just might be able to use the in game practice? Herrmann is too slow to play in the NBA. Some sequences on defense were laughable as Herrmann tried miserably to make defensive rotations. For sure, he is not going to score if any decent team defends him. He is too slow to get open. Indeed, you know, of all the things Dumars has done wrong, letting this guy have a roster spot has to rank right up there with the worst of them.

I see someone mentioned that Amir was plus in the game. So was Bynum. They were both plus 9, but that was all in extended garbage time.

Thats about it. Detroit looked completely unprepared. Never had the slightest chance to win.

But I will say this. With a decent coach, Cleveland can't match up with us. You may not want to believe this. But you know, we don't have to pair up two old men to start the game. Lets talk about that. Who in the heck was Dyess guarding to start the game? Ben Wallace? Do you need a center in the game to guard Ben Wallace. Of course not. And this is why Curry should be fired. He can't see simple things like this. His latest starting lineup is horrid, and must cease if we are to win another game this season.

And one last thought. The excuse machine. The excuse for this latest craziness from Curry is slow starts (that never actually happened - as we were actually losing games in the 4th quarter.) Can anyone imagine worse starts than we have been having since he put Dyess in to start game. Of course not. But Curry will never mention it. Guaranteed. Unless he uses it as an excuse to start Rip and bench Stuckey.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Did 3 pt shooting help the Cavs win?

DET is one Bobby Jackson type player from turning this thing around.

In all honesty, is there one team in the league that you could say with certainty that DET could beat now?

I could have sworn there was a 4-5 possession stretch where DET had a violation or just got a shot off with a second left on the shot clock.
  6. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Will turn? We are already there. This is like Isaiah breaking his hand on Laimbeer's head umpteen years ago. The core quits, the backups stink, and next year is going to be teal, teal, aquamarine, and teal.
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

My turn. He called LB and asked for his agent's number. LB laughed, pulled out his catheter and shoved his phone down his pants.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

What happened to the pod show?
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It is canceled lee. The Low doesn't have the stamina for ranting tonight.

Sorry.
  10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

when they normally go to them on fox sports he hadn't come out of the locker room yet.....
  11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Hahaha... gotcha :thumb[1]:
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

So he expects us to keep all this rage inside? Ain't healthy. I guess I will go down in the basement and try a primal scream. Let me know if you hear it over there is Canada.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In honor of the Oscars...

These millionaires are doggin it in the slums, ghetto and hi rent districts..

What is the curious case if Curry's Coaching?

Is it to late Milk any more victories out of this bunch

The Pistons were destined to lose this game no matter if it had been played on a day other than Sunday or even if Doris Burke had not been doing the color commentary.

The players have quit, there is no hustle and they can barely score over 80 points.

The season can only be salvaged with resignation or firing of MC Clueless. At least the players could learn to respect someone else instead of continually ignoring Curry for the next two months before being ousted in the first round.

A new coach, whether it is Laimbeer, Avery, Van Gundy, D Walker or even Joe himself would at least reenergize these players so that they possibly pull that first round upset and attract a FA that actually wants to come here to win and not just to get paid.
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

The Pods!!?? Om MY GOD THEY'RE BACK!!! OOHH THE AGONY!! HELP US...SOMEBODY HELP US!!! PLEASE...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo....

and scene,...There's your POD show for tonight. Thank You.:bow1::bow1:

Please stop:bow1::bow1:Thank you..:bow1:please sit down...:bow1:
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

U left me wanting more!!!

I like u ...I REALLY like u!
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm drinking heavily. :beer:
  17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks Sally :)
  18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Isn't that every game?
  19. max

max All-Star

Did anyone expect them to win this?

It was surprising how they was no attempt at trying to stop some of those easy 3's. Agree with Lee. There was no adequate preperation or planning in this one.

Back to the tired old 3-man rotation up front.

What happened to Stucky? Just a couple of weeks ago he out-played Wade.
  20. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Wow, the final score is much better than the way the Stones played. They quit right from the start, disgusting game to watch in terms of effort and heart. MC maybe bad, but the players have to show up and be accountable.

Curry has lost this team.