1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

at Cleveland Cavaliers Friday March 5 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So what was it?

Dizzyness that leads to passing out? Seems like a serious problem. Also, if he has had it in the past, it might be a recurring issue.

It wouldn't be fun to have something that comes without warning like that, because you'd always be worrying about it.

Hopefully it is explainable.

2. copper

copper Bench Warmer

it could be a cardiac problem, similar to what joey harrington had, arythmya sp. heart rate goes off...breathing alters...pass out. Im just speculating obviously

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, that would be a bad prob.

The dizzyness could be a lot of things (inner ear, sinus infection, etc), but the actual passing out takes it to a different level... where blood pressure is probably involved, which points to the heart. But with his problems in the past, you'd think they would have identified that.

The strange thing is that it happened after he calmly walked over to the bench as opposed to when he was really exerting his heart.

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    I saw the game in a bar with the sound down. We were killing them for 30 min. I wonder how many games we've blown in the 4Q ?
    -
    As for Stuck, dizziness is likely too little O2 in the brain. The way these guys run all nite I'm surprised we don't see more of that.

5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Here's hoping the dizziness was to low blood pressure. Low blood pressure is good for the heart, bad for staying conscious.

That was a joke, but the reality is low bp is good, but can cause sudden drops in O2 levels in the brain which used to be called fainting. Hopefully for Stuckey, that's all this is.

6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

There isn't anything less important to me than basketballl.

Just get well Rodney. Your health is all that matters right now.

I won't be able to sleep until I know more.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That really was scary. I feel like a Grade A poop head for all the cracks I've made about Hot Rod. Never again though, Rodney you're the best. Get well soon.

Check out the double take Rip does on the bench when he figures out what is going on.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Did CG not play at all in the 1st half?

9. SJAndre

SJAndre Second Round Draft Pick

didn't the same thing that happened to Rodney happen to Ben in Boston last year? In the second quarter Ben collapsed while walking to the bench, and they found out it was due to Boston overdoing their pregame show. That's how I remember it at least, can anyone clarify?

10. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

If I'm Stuckey then I'm seriously contemplating what I want to do with my future now. Not that I want to see a young player walk away from the game, but it may be in his best interests. This team, this year? It's not worth it.

He needs to not think about basketball right now. I hope to hell that this doesn't stem from some sort of cardiac problem, and if so then he definitively needs to step back. Yesterday was the day that Hank Gathers collapsed on the court those years ago. Scary.

11. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Was unable to hook up to PC this morning and got frightened by the half time show of Spurs-Hornets game re-play on TV, kind of scary by the earth quake before yesterday.
    Get well soon Stucky, all my heart and prayers to you and your family.

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

In 2008, Stuckey had a similar problem complaining of dizzness. They gave him a battery of cardio tests and determined that his heart was ok. From what I read, last night he never lost consciousness, but instead fell over from dizziness. I'm sure the Pistons organization will keep him out until they retest him for an array of possible issues.

13. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Since stucky had an array of tests prior and it was concluded that his heart was ok then it is most likely due to something else. In my opinion it could be something vestibular or something anxiety related. I tend to think that is anxiety related due to the fact that he had this episode before when he took over the medications prior to a game last year which I believe precipitated a panic attack. I say this cause I know from experience that at anytime your endorphins are elevated and the heart is under stress this can lead to an attack at anytime. When you have a panic attack you can have intense symptoms such as dizziness, bounding heart rate, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.

I truly believe that the stretcher and the 12 minute delay, and oxygen was a precaution to make a initial assessment. If it is indeed anxiety related than this can be controlled quite easily. If this is so stuck may be back by the end of this season. Get well stuck we love ya bro!!!

14. max

max All-Star

Almost seems like they don't want to say what it was so perhaps it was some kind of panic attack. "More dramatic because it was on tv" - c'mon. I did not think panic attacks lasted that long though.

Pistons: Rodney Stuckey 'doing well' after collapse on bench in Cleveland | - MLive.com

Onto the game. Great start. Also seems like the slew of bad calls against us in the 3rd helped swing the momentum before Stuckey went out. Just makes it that much harder for me to like the Cavs.

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

He was shaking and/or convulsing on the floor also according to the Det papers which is why they were initially saying he had a seizure.

I wonder if he has something like diabetes and if whatever is wrong with him explains why he fades out late in games and looks so distressed.

It definitely got a little dusty in 'ol Ernie's house when they said he had his eyes closed and was breathing through the oxygen mask while leaving the arena.

16. max

max All-Star

Yes it was very unnerving to say the least. I immediately had thoughts of Len Bias when he died on the court from a heart attack. I think they owe us a better explanation.

17. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This is incorrect as far as time periods go.

Many things, as correctly noted, do point to common panic attack symptoms. Since we are all talking about a behavioral condition: please lets gets some common data about this problem area.

Panic Attacks and Panic Disorder

One thing for sure. Millions of dollars are spent on these individuals and they receive the best care possible. We can assume that a battery of test have been done on Stuckey (because of past problems) and more are in the works. Any physical or mental conditions will be gone over and he will not be on the floor again until all avenues of causes have been found or understood. This is as it should be.

We all wish him well.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Anyone else think CG is a dirty player?

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

How so?

20. max

max All-Star

Who is cg?