at Cleveland Cavaliers Friday March 5 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Cleveland Cavaliers

Friday March 5

7:00 pm

Local TV:

Nat'l TV: ESPN

Radio: 950 WWJ
  2. roscoe36

Wanna know why Shaq is a Cav? He and Danny Ferry have always been close.

[​IMG]

One thing is sure, you can expect shenanigans tonight...

[​IMG]

And this one is for the ladies...

[​IMG]
  3. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

3 disturbing pictures in only 1 post, how do you do it roscoe?

Cavs by 20.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

National TV tonight, baby!!!

Hopefully the Pistons can get back to focusing on basketball tonight and not get distracted by the drama off the court.

After lazy Rasheed Wallace's first visit to The Palace this year the Pistons did not try the following against the Pacers and got blown out in a game that featured Tayshaun Prince yelling at the poor coach.

After Sheed's second Palace visit the Pistons did not try against the Knicks and got blown out in a game that featured Rip Hamiltion yelling at the poor coach.

This can't be a coincidence. I think they should just forfeit the next game against the Celtics for the same reasons you wouldn't let your kids hang out with drug dealers and felons.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

6. roscoe36

7. roscoe36

Kwame Brown sucks. Great pass by JJ, loses it.
  8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

YEAH BABY

Midway through the 2nd, we're up by 20. The Cav announcers are baffled and in full WTH mode. Sweet sweet music.

This is probably the high point of the night unfortunately.
  9. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Just thought I'd record this moment for posterity. We are up 20 in The Q. Pretty awesome whatever the final score ends up being :)

Shame it was only me and Roscoe in chat.... :D
  10. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Hopefully Stuckey is okay.

I admittedly haven't seen much of the Pistons lately, but the first 15-20 minutes of the game was the best basketball I've seen Tayshaun play in 3 years. Unfortunately every time I checked after the 20 point lead, the game got closer and closer.
  11. LA Dre

First of all our hearts and prayers go out to Rodney Stuckey who during a time out at the 2:30 mark of the third quarter collapsed in Arne Kanter's arms while sitting on the bench. There was no indication of anything or any contact on the floor prior to incident as the play prior to that was Sideshow Bob going around JJ for a layup and he was fouled by JJ.

Stuckey walked to the bench with his teammates after a timeout was called and then per ESPN analysts suffered a seizure and was taken off on stretcher to a local hospital. I will rely on the local Piston fans to provide an update from radio broadcasts tonight.

We were complaining about Stuckey in chat prior to this as he was still trying to force the issue especially when the Cavs begin to cut into the Pistons big lead....but with that said he left the game with 8 points and 10 assists.

As indicated the Pistons led at one point in the second qtr 47-26 with about 8 mins left and no one in chat (which quickly grew from just Roscoe and Rocastle at the end of quarter one to 7 people by the time the fake rout was on). We provided reasons the Pistons would lose and the Pistons slowly but surely validated our claims as the D and the O got back to what they do best ..play out of sync and in taynking mode. The Cavs cut the lead to 9 at the half and the Pistons were able to get it back up to 13 to open the 3rd qtr , before the Cavs restored order.

When Stuckey went down the Pistons were up 67-61 with 2 and half left in the third and held on to lead 70-68 at the end of 3. With their leader wheeled off the floor the Pistons allowed the Cavs to go on a 11-2 run and the Piston could never get any closer than 4 points after that.

Prince had another I'm not taynking game leading the Pistons in scoring, but seriously the Pistons could not concentrate after Stuckey went out and appeared to only want to get out of there. didn't help that Lebron company who I don't believe had any threes in the first half hit 6 in the crucial 3rd and 4th qtrs to pull ahead for good.

JJ who had back-to-back double-doubles coming into the game, was scoreless in this game going 0-5 but had 12 boards. (10 of those were in the first half).

Nice notion by Lebron to get his team mates to join the Pistons at center court as Chucky Atkins led all players in prayer for their fallen player at the end of the game.

Kind of tick some of us off that ESPN's Heather Cox interviewed the Cavs coach Mike Brown at the end of the third qtr asking how his team was responding to the Stuckey collapse.....duh shouldn't she have been interviewing Kuester or one of his assistants to see how the Pistons were doing?

Praying for you Stuckey...
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

While Keyshia a super fine cutie pie, she comes with a whole lot of baggage, see Frankie and Neffe.

Well in basketball news the fellas got another great loss, the Knicks, 76ers, and Wizards all lost so we definitely had to be focused tonight, we almost blew it by going up by 21 in the 2nd qtr, but the bench came in and began to slowly blow the lead as the Garbage Brothers proved that defense is not a word they know anything about.

In all my years of listening to Hubie Brown commentate, I've never heard him clown a players skills the way he did Kwame Brown tonight.

Hubie also has Stuck figured out, "He plays the point guard position like a 2-guard" EXACT-A-MONDO!!!!!! The lack of fluidity in his game as a PG translates to the lack of fluidity of our inept offense.

Lastly, my prayers got out - to and for - Rodney Stuckey, for all the crap I post, he's a good young man, and I hope everything is OK.
  13. LA Dre

Yeah as soon as the scoreboard posted the losses for the Wizards, Knicks, Warrior and Sixers, we had to lose this one to keep pace... Looks like the Pacers and Kings are going down too, so we are still in top 5 lottery goal mode.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Stuckey is last reported to be fine, but no indication yet on what sent him to the hospital. All we know is apparently became unconscious during a timeout. As far as any recent medical history on him, we know he had to be treated for dehydration recently (before the Philly game.)

The Pistons came out shooting very well and built up a 21 point lead. I doubt Cleveland was taking us seriously though, and when they decided to play D we wilted. Unfortunately, all we are these days is a jump shooting ream that can't shoot none too well.

Ben Wallace is still out with a sore knee so Kwame played. The guy just continues to prove he can't hang onto the ball.

CV did pretty much nothing cept let the other team score readily.

Ben Gordon did a bit of scoring, did ok I guess guarding Bron at times but it looked ugly soon as Bron started nailing shots over him.

JMAX hit a couple of jumpers, played some decent D on Bron - but Bron was really just missing his outside shots he was being forced to take.

JJ missed his open shots. Thats life, you can't make them all. But JJ has been hitting those shots at a pretty good clip - just keep the confindence up and keep taking the shots. JJ hauled down a bunch of boards - 10 by the half.

Rip mostly just led the team into the very poor habit of settling for jumpshots with little if any effort to ever get shots near the basket. Our guards not named Rip did each do some driving to the basket.

Tay had a fine shooting game. Pretty much all outside shots - but he does make efforts to back his guy down.

Daye did not play, which at this stage of the season pretty much means just another wasted game with not enough player development. Summers should have been out there too.

Yes, we did give up an 11-2 run to start the 4th quarter. And yes, we were playing small ball at that time, something that does not work -while Daye did not play backup small forward - something that consistently does work. Daye's energy is priceless. PS - I sure liked it a game or so back when we got to see Daye and Prince in at the same time. That is a lot of length on D.

Stuckey giving us that scare kind of puts the season in perspective. We all need our entertainment - but the Pistons as a whole are not as important as the health of one of our players. I hope he is well soon - and I hope he takes his time coming back (in the chance its still the same problem with dehydration. Nothing to mess with.)
  15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I totally agree. I hope Stuckey gets well soon.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

A lineup I really, really want to see is:

Rip - 6'7"
    Tay - 6'9"
    Daye - 6'11
    JJ - 6'10"
    CV - 6'11"

I call this lineup the "anti-small". That's a ton of length and everyone on the court can shoot all the way out to the arc. Really I just want to see Tay, Daye and JJ all on the court at the same time, lot of length, skill and solid shooting.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

How about:

Daye at point, Tay at shooting guard, JJ at small forward, JMAX at power forward, Ben Wallace at ceter. Now you got length and strength. And a whole lot of offensive rebounds.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

My dream lineup would be:

PG: Stuckey
    SG: Rip
    SF: Tay
    PF: Jerebko
    C: Wallace

Think about it. We'd have a point guard who drives like a full-back and can shoot jump shots like one too. We'd have a shooting guard who is one of the top 5 cross court passers in the league (in terms of total passes attempted). Our SF is like glue personified. Jerebko would always be totally open from 3-point range. And Ben Wallace would play great defense, lead the team in steals, blocks, and rebounds, and would turn out to be our most important offensive player due to his pick setting, offensive rebounding, and surprisingly good passing touch.

Off the bench, we could bring in $24M worth of pure talent.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

How did a year old post get in here?
  20. copper

copper Bench Warmer