at Cleveland Cavaliers Friday March 25 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'March 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

spoken like a coach that knows he won't be here next year... I wouldn't have even thought that way....

I think they will work great off of each other next year as we continue to build...

Not that I want him back (though I don't think he's as bad as some), but if he doesn't think he'll be back outwardly..... you know how he feels inside.

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I guess I really don't understand this process. It seems to me that if homes in the metro area are selling for 1/3 of what they sold for 5 years ago, then the Owner has got to lower her expectations. If other owners are convincing her to sell for more to maintain their values, then they should buy the team from her. At this point, her stubbornness just pisses me off.

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I say more power to her if she thinks she can wait and get a better deal. She should be trying to get all the money she can. Now as a fan, I wish she would sell already. But I don't have any problem with the business decision to wait if she really has a chance of getting more. And I don't think losing a game to the Cavs actually lowers the value of the team, even though it does from a fan perspective.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That game last night showed the value of a committed ownership. The Cavs were able to make some moves since the last time these guys played.

I never felt like the Pistons were going to win this one in the 4th. I felt like they had a much better chance against the Heat.

I like Baron Davis.

As bad as it was to lose this game at least we don't have to suffer through guys who don't play hard and flip switches etc. These guys (and their 30% winning percentage) leave it all out on the floor which is all I ever wanted.

Pistons hit rock bottom in loss | detnews.com | The Detroit News

5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

That's what happen when you lose eight in a row, it leads the players to a false sense of security.

6. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I'm shocked that Daye would even admit to that line of thinking against the CAVS, with the shape the team is in. Maybe Simon Cowell can be an assistant coach for the remainder of the year...It would certainly help the press conferences.

7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I have a problem with it. Her thinking she can get a better price and the reality of the price she's likely to sell for are two totally different things. At the end of the day she's handcuffing/ruining the team and wasting everyone elses time and money in the process. I understand she needs to cash in while she can, but you can't bank on the fact that potential buyers with that kind of capital are suddenly going to turn into financial lunatics and pay for the privilege of purchasing your team.

8. coynejeremy

No doubt the wisdom of her business dealings can be called into question, but without any experience in buying/owning/selling complicated and high-value businesses like sports teams or any inside info on what is really happening, it's hard for me to try to second-guess her from a business perspective. However, I agree that from a fan perspective, it's ruining the season and foiling what good opportunities we've had to improve the team.

I just don't think she should feel obligated to sell to make the fans happy. She should consider the fans if she's interested in making money off of us, but if she has good reasons to wait, I've got nothing to say.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Do we have any evidence that the lingering sale of the team is tying Joe's hands? As far as I can tell, it is just speculation mixed with a former employee's speculation.

The real problem right now isn't that Joe can't make moves, it is that he's already made moves that suck and he may not have the green light to increase payroll in order to fix them. I doubt he's going to be forced to trade our draft picks for cash... but if he is, then I'll believe that he's in an impossible spot.

KD is probably thinking, "he'll make it worse and will leave me with a higher payroll."

If Joe's hands are truly tied, then he should resign. What kind of self respecting GM lets his trackrecord get dragged through the mud for an owner's widow that will have nothing to do with him after the sale?

When the new owner walks in the door is he planning on blaming everything on KD? That's not gonna fly.

10. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

With Joes record lately I'm praying his hands are tied and the negotiations goes on until he's gone.

11. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

another coaching loss. You could see that fourth quarter line up had run its course half way through but instead of making a change he rode it out to the loss.

This guy is turrible.

12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LOL. You think every loss is a coaching loss. The Pistons would be 71-0 right now if their coach wasn't clueless.

13. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

So as the lead was slipping away you thought that group gave us the best chance??

14. BillLaimbeer

The bench has been the Pistons strong point this season (if there was one). Who would have thought they would have stunk it up that badly. The starters cannot play the entire half. Of course, hindsight is 20/20. Whenever you second-guess a substitution (or lack of one), it's impossible to tell if the move (or non-move) you had in mind would have worked better, the same, or even worse than what actually happened.

15. coynejeremy

If I were you, I would have responded to Double D with a much wittier and insightful post. Just sayin...

16. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Keuster was sure his 214th lineup would work also haha.

Bring on the 2011/12 season so we can see how it plays out.

I intend to get to Detroit and the Palace in 2012 to see it for myself - got to be better than being one of two Detroit fans in the Garden while we go down by 20.

17. BillLaimbeer

Actually, Saturday marked the 21st starting lineup used by Kuester.

Sacramento has used 26 and Washington has used 25 different starting lineups.

18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

We're ahead of both of those teams. So I guess we're not as bad ad Sacto and Wizz.

19. BillLaimbeer

The season is not over yet, my friend.....

20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

In the spirit of youth basketball leagues everywhere, Q will ensure that every Piston player gets a chance to start a few games this year before the season is over.

He may not communicate well but he's a fair man.