1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Cleveland April 18 3:00PM Round 1 Game 1

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 16, 2009.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I'm pointing out that he is not what he used to be but he refuses to accept reality.

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm in semi-agreement about the championship but Sheed alone didn't cost those appearances.

3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

for the people in the chat room today: Told yall ........:pound::pound::pound:

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Tay WISHES he had an ass and chest like THAT!!!:pound:

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think they should start Rip, Tay, Stuckey, Bynum and AA next game if the bigs don't want to play. They can use 2 guys to set Rip's screens if they need to.

I really think LeBron is going to wear down as the series progresses. Tay made him work hard for his points.

I knew Tay would have a good game today when the first time he caught the ball today (in the backcourt on an inbounds) he stood perfectly still for 4 seconds before he started to bring the ball up. He then gave the ball up, wove through traffic and caught the ball by the right elbow and stood still for 4 more seconds before he left his shot short (No really, he left it short).

I had to laugh when after running Rip off his myriad of screens to nowhere they passed to Tay in the corner with 5 seconds left on the shot clock and LeBron on him. The only uncertainty I had of the forthcoming missed was because I thought he might just stand there until the buzzer sounded.

6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Somebody with heart.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

If you are having trouble with the English language, I suggest a good dictionary. Couple: Two or three.

I was writing fast, and I meant to mention that Bron stayed over for the first couple of minutes of GT, where Herrmann was given the opportunity to show how utterly useless he is.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I do not appreciate being laughed at. I was not in chat. I will accept your heart felt apology in advance.

9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I am very surprised by what I saw today. I saw a Pistons team that pretty much laid down for the Cavs. You could see the look in their eyes. That look we have seen the past couple of seasons right in the closing minutes of a series ending loss. The sad thing is that look appeared late
    in the 3rd qtr of game 1. I don't think this team has any confidence in each other or Curry. I thought they would atleast put up a fight and win a couple of games, but now I just don't know. It could go either way. These guy's could just fold like a blanket and get swept.

No matter the case it is in excusable to get blown out in game 1 and let the Cavs shoot 53% from the floor. You know what you are getting with LeBron and the Cavs. The Pistons had 3 days to prepare for him. You mean to tell me Curry come up with any type of skeem to fluster LeBron and the Cavs and atleast win game 1 or atleast lose a close game?

Curry sucks and he should be fired. At this point Joe D. is on thin ice too in my book. I am starting to think John Hammond was the brains behind this outfit.

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

There isn't any confidence. Someone wrote a great article on the CB trade and by extension what the trade said about the goals of this season to the existing players, but i don't remember who/where.

They're not stupid. They know that they were essentially given up on as a group (whether rightfully so or not). I don't see the "giving up" thing as much as we are over matched, we know it, our coach is a rookie, he's struggling, and everything that we currently try is useless.

They are either going to put their head down or blow up; so it's pick your poison. Do we want to see defeat in their eyes or ejections? It's easy to close your eyes, and fight tooth and nail with little to no hope if you are a naive young team, and even then there's a point where you just realize you can't win.

Someone else mentioned how the experience actually hurts the Pistons, not helps them, and IMO that's 100% true for the reason above among others.

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:pound::pound::pound:

12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

It was Kenny Smith. He said that the Pistons experiencing championship runs will hurt them instead of help because they know that this team is nothing near those championship teams.

13. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Btw lpgrl

Lebron didn't approve of your criticism of his post up game, apparently.

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i know :pound::pound::pound:its like a sat night Live skit:pound::pound::pound:I feel like Kevin eubanks from the Tonight show!:pound::pound:Oh Snap!!:pound:

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Team: the meltdown in cleveland Game 6 and the no show vs Shaq vs the Heat. Do u remember anything he did in that series?

16. detteam

detteam All-Star

Remember what Tay didn't do against Lebron?

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Who HAS stopped lebron? Im talking about Sheed! Duncan helped out Bowen vs LeBron....where was Lassheed's help?

18. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

That's really sayin something because two of those guys are dead.

19. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

I agree with this 100%.

20. detteam

detteam All-Star

I won't disagree that Sheed slacks off...but I will disagree that he was the root problem in those series.