At Cleveland April 18 3:00PM Round 1 Game 1

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 16, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Nope. But I can tell you that I am pretty sure Joe thinks a lot more of these guys than other GMs.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tell me was this game lost on the defensive end, the FT line or the 3pt line??

Only 2 of 12 from beyound the arc..I saw Alf miss two or three in the 4th qtr alone.

Only 10-12 from the FT line...either refs blew it, or we were not agressive enough in going to the hole?? Stuckey got there 6 times i think...how come the rest of the players couldn't do it??

Defense...Labron hit 13-20 fg and shot more FT (14) than the entire Pistons staff --- no one could stop him?? I saw a Cleveland highlight of Tay giving LeBron a baby push at the end of the half when he made the three ball...but Tay did it as an afterthought as he was heading to the locker room.:sssh:

3. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You really think that Joe thinks that he has good players on this roster? Joe is then delusional. I do not know what has happened to Maxiell. Maybe he has personal problems. He seems like a totally different player. Amir, Kwame, Hermann, Affalo, Sharpe, etc. Nobody wants these players. He has gambled on Amir and Maxiell and he lost big. So sad.

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Agreed. Sometimes I think Joe's on another planet.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Wow. What horrible coaching by Curry.

Basically, no backup small forward. So if Tay is doing terrible, and he was, no choices. Afflalo did do a pretty decent job of backing up small forward defensively - but it sure would be nice to have an actual small forward to backup Prince. Just maybe we could get some scoring out of the position. (nothing wrong with Afflalo playing backup to Rip, but as a backup to Tay, we go small.)

No power forwards used save for 6 minutes. (Not including 3 minutes of GT, where between Amir and JMAX, they logged in another 6 minutes.)

The entire game, either we had two centers in where we only need one, or we were going with small ball, three guards.

Herrmann did get into the game for a couple of minutes. Pretended to play D. Bron scored some pretty easy baskets right there. As I have said, we don't have a backup small forward. Herrmann is not even an NBA player. What kind of total amaterish organization goes into the playoffs with no backup small forward? Dumars and Curry should be fired for this one.

Stuckey was about the only guy getting to the basket for us and getting to the foul line. But Sheed was at least shooting some stuff closer in than the 3 line.

Stuckey did ok in the first half, but I think he fell in love with his jumper after making a couple.

Rip and Tay seemed invisible. Rip did hit some shots. But what an embarrassment on that fast break. No, Tay knew exactly what Rip wanted to do. Finish a fast break by missing a stupid midranger. Can't blame Tay. You can blame the coach for even allowing this type of nonsense during the regular season. Don't let your kids watch this stuff. Fast breaks are suppose to end at the basket.

Chances of Curry changing anything? Not a chance. If anything, he will cut the bench minutes even more. Who cares if our starting unit can't play a lick of defense.

PS, I don't know what Tay was smiling about. Seemed way to jovial to me for a game where his team was getting waxed.

Amir did not play. Probably never will again as a Piston. What a shame. Did I mention, Dumars really needs to go at this point. Correcting the mistake now by firing Curry - too late. Hiring your buddy to embarrass the city this bad - you need to go. You should resign in shame.

Back to the game. Not much more to say. Oh, Bynum did so so. Kwmame really looks like he cares. But Curry can't let him play too much as he might make the other team foul him. Not in Curry's play book.

Edited to add. I hope I do not even have to state this by now. But just in case someone is reading one of my game reports for the first time this season - the absence of a power forward meant that our defensive rotation was lacking the whole game. (All of it, around the basket and the perimeter.)

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LOL. Herrmann and Amir came into the game at the exact some time. Better rewind and watch the last 2:53 again. :)

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Right. It was more like feeling his muscles. Notice how it was right before he went to the locker room so he could fantasize about the upcoming summer with Lebiceps?

[​IMG]

8. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

Statistically Tay is the 10th best Small Forward in the league... Who do you want to replace him with?

9. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

What is Tay's fascination with Lebron? I feel that Tay should have never been on the Olympic team? Maybe they had a lovefest or other activities. What is going on?

10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Lee, yes, the defensive rotations were bad and have been. I can't believe how much Sheed has slowed down. I expected it but not this much.

11. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Wrong Picture. Here's the one you want.

[​IMG]

12. detteam

detteam All-Star

I saw that too. Tay probably offered to wash LBJ's jock after the game.

13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound: :jaw:

14. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

still Sheed acts ( on arguing calls and non calls) like he owns this playground.

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The game turned for me when Rip pulled up and missed his J on the break when they were down 3. You have to look at people like Jerome James, Bobby Phils and Malik Sealy before I choose Rip on a fast break.

I'm not sure who the 2 bigs are that people think they're going to bring in next year, but unless they're a 25 year old Shaq and Tim Duncan I don't see it being enough to offset Tay, Rip & Stuckey.

I can't even tell if their using live announcers when they're critiquing Tay's play because they say the same thing year after year.

Everything the Pistons run is for their guards. The Pistons took 78 shots today with Rip & Stuckey combining for 35 of them. I have hard time seeing the guys that they run nothing for as being the problem. I guess I'm crazy.

I wasn't that upset after today. The little things killed them as it has most of the year. I don't know what Tay was thinking when Bron got off the last shot of the first half. That was horrible.

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Very nice.

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

Nice job. Tay looking as hot as Eva :sssh:

18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Raxrets, I would cut Sheed some slack. Here is a guy who got in about 6 conference finals and a guy who could turn it on when he wanted to in his youth. I believed him when he guaransheed that second game in Indiana back in 2004. Too bad I don't bet.

I see him more as a fallen warrior who is still proud. He was never a Garnett in mentality but he accomplished a lot with his teams anyway.

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

then u wont like this...Indians 22, yankees 4 IN THE TOP OF THE 9TH! THE GAME IS STILL GOING! LMAO:pound::pound:

20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I cant stand any player who's motto is: 'can turn it on when he wants to!' SHEEDESTA also has cost us one NBA championshio, and 2 OTHER finals apperances!!