At Cleveland April 18 3:00PM Round 1 Game 1

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 16, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

His post games are the most ridiculous things i've ever heard. He talks in circles and never really says anything that matters.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Tay is soft against the Cavs is all I have to say. Completely disappeared.
  3. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

What do you mean we play players there is no need to evaluate. Bynum played 15 mins. Aaron played 20 mins and Stuck played 35 minutes. Who else is there to evaluate?
  4. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

And who else wants to see no more of Tayshaun Prince?
  5. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

He doesn't wanna get fined for calling out the refs :X
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Besides Rose del Negro has got via trade several solid players, who can do it the most typical NBA way - on their own.

Pistons OTOH has only stuckey who time to time is capable of scoring on isos. ( bynum too, but he is behind of stuckey in terms of minutes)

Rest of Pistons, to be successful, need heavy supporting cast.

Don forget that chitown was pretty miserable before they got some all around players.
  7. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I can't stand listening to Mike Brown. Cavs have to go down.
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

This series can't be over soon enough.
  9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Distance and Pistonfan, I totally agree. Sheed and Dyss are now back-up players who are starters because nobody else can fill their role on the team.

Lpgrl, the playoffs shows who can step it up to another level. Stuckey showed that he at least belongs. At least today. He may not be the answer but with a bit better shot, some smarts on his drives, etc. he might be fine. Anyway, we did not lose in the Stuckey over Billips department. We have no big man play to speak of.

Afflalo, after a shaky start, competed at the level. You need to know that to evaluate your guys. I want Amir to play so that we can really see what he has.
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

I held a little hope that the Pistons would at least put up a fight. It's just not there. These guys are just putting in their time until summer vacation. Wish I had the skills to put together a 'gone fishin' pic.
  11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Absolutely. I am beyond sick of the guy. I hope he is the first of the veterans to be traded away. I bet there are people out there that still think he is good and has upside.
  12. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey scored 20 points on 21 shots... that's horrrible. And he didn't set up his teammates (what a shocker).

He had a horrible game, once again he couldn't finish around the rim to save his life.
  13. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

If today's game was a snippet of how the series will go, then there is no point watching. The score was not indicative of how easy the Cavs smoked the Pistons. Will they even win a game? This team is now in full re-build mode. Tay laid a stinker in this game, 1 frickin rebound and 4 pts. Really folks, is there one untradeable asset on this roster?
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And you still have not changed your avatar...:)
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I wanna still believe that he can be good. But, right now, he is not making me a believer at all.

Chicago was SO DAMN LUCKY to win the draft lottery last year and getting Rose. They were lucky with MJ, now this...
  16. detteam

detteam All-Star

There's only 2 vets to trade and I wouldn't trade either one of them right now. I'm not a big Tay fan but we don't have a serviceable backup 3, much less someone to step in to start. We have bigger problems at PF & C.
  17. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

2 tough,

I thought Stuckey did damage taking the ball to the hoop and he took the jumper when it presented itself. The offense scored well enough.

Stuckey still gets himself into trouble driving and he doesn't get the call from the refs.

But with adjustment on his drives and a better jumper (should improve), he stepped up to the big stage just fine. He didn't shrivel up. His drop off was not much from Billips.

But the Piston defense, in contrast, was awful. And watch what we are getting from Sheed and Dyss and compare that to the past. Not even close.

And imagine the young bigs playing 30 some minutes today in their place. How many points would we have scored? And how much better would the defense AND rebounding be? A bit better.

Joe is watching with a pile of money in place. I think he might go after two bigs. I might even guaransheed that. Watch for it in July. Should be fun then. Not fun now, but necessary. Then, next year, we can worry about Curry or not.
  18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Bynum played mostly GT. He got very little significant minutes. Aaron played yes, but that was basically it. Stuckey has been playing significant minutes all year. Amir got none outside of GT as did Hermann.

It is likely that only one of those will ever see any important minutes. The problem mainly lies with the fact the starters are still averaging too many minutes and they will play all the "important' minutes.

I disagree. He struggled mightily today and looked in over his head.
    ----
    You and me both.
  19. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

This game was nothing short of ugly.

Oh, and I'm getting rid of this Tay avatar..he was horrible today.
  20. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I don't even care. It's going to be awhile before we're good again. I just don't want to be watching Prince stink out the joint anymore. Let us suck with someone else... someone that actually cares.