1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Cleveland April 18 3:00PM Round 1 Game 1

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 16, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That image of Sheed on the bench sums up the way i feel bout this series. He looks so upset and i don't blame him. He came to play tonight.

I'm crossing my fingers that Curry makes adjustments the next game. We have nothing to lose so play the young guys.

2. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i really dislike cleveland.

3. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

This game can be summed up in one word SOFT. This was pathetic to watch. I knew we were gonna get blasted pretty bad, but this was just plain embarrassing.

Did anyone even touch Lebron this game? Damn man. He was getting in the lane and guys were running away from him. I understand he's a great player. He's really good, but come on dude. At least try to stop him. At least try to contest him.

I can't wait to see everyone blast Curry for this game. Curry blows, but this was not a Curry loss. These guys are old and washed up. They showed no heart or any hint of team play.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He should have showed up 30 games ago to show some leadership and commitment. Now he's getting too old to change the game when he wants to, and it shows.

5. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I dvrd the game.....i had to leave to supervise a party. What happened after they had cut the lead to 8 points?

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nope, we are just that bad....well let me shut up...I just got home from Orlando and only saw the 4th qtr. I probably will not go back to view the first three qtrs on the DVR. Based on the what I heard from the announcers, we just didn't show up. This ain't LB's or Flip's early Pistons...we are not going to win any games in the playoffs scoring less than 85 pts.

Coulda-shoulda been smilling today with a game 1 victory over the Celtics if they hadn't given away the last three games, instead they lose by 18 pts in game where no one other than our faithful thought they even have a chance to win one game in this series.

Game one of the potential sweep is in and a W for the Cavs and game four in Detroit is on a dreaded Sunday......

7. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

I can't watch the NBA playoffs... having a back ground in officiating it's just to brutal to watch can they really be that bad? there was no consistency in calls.

8. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

that actually hurt me a little bit

why are we even here? why didn't we attempt to at least coach well and buckle down for 5 games to get that 6 seed? So we could watch this?

I enjoyed the get together in chat. But for basketball purposes? Nah, we already know what we're gonna get.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

This game was all about habits. Anyone in the NBA can play offense and we saw that with our team today. We did fairly well on offense, but defense is all about commitment and habit. We were the most inconsistant team in the NBA this year and it showed.

Enjoy it though. Sheed (and Dice) might be playing their last few games for us.

After this season "the core" will officially be done, but we all know that things started breaking apart when Larry left. Ben added to the effect and Chauncey emphasized it.

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think he stepped up as much as he possibly could. He's not a "leader" and he's never going to be. However, besides the injury he looked committed to me all season.

On an OT note, isn't it amazing how much difference a great PG can make ? It's fascinating to watch Vinny Del Negro/Curry comparatively b/c i don't think Del Negro is a major step up except in the fact that he trusts his young players/bigs.

Next year Joe is going to have to either change the coach or take away all the "safety net players".

11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Good to get a chance to really evaluate this team. No other way to cut it. Its our there in the open. The aging bigs are behind the decline of the Pistons. We simply have no defense from the bigs and limited offense. Even an old Z and a low-skilled Varejo had their way. No, playing Amir and Maxiel and Kwame are not the solution. First, that trio have not shown to be good rebounders or special defensive players. Would we be marginally better on defense?. Yes. But marginally. But what would happen to the offense?

Sheed just doesn't have it any more.

Beyond that, the lack of three point shooters means the offense has no explosiveness to it.

There are execution problems on both ends. That is either the coach or the players lack of focus, don't know which.

Stuckey played under control and stepped up fairly well. Stuckey for Billips is not the problem at least today.

Afflalo, after a slow start, played well. But is he going to be good enough to start or yet another role player? Don't know. Have to see more.

Joe will be on the market for one and probably two bigs and a shooter. Look for that in July.

12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

It sucks watching this because this is the first time I have seen a dying Pistons team. I became a fan in the beginning of the 2004. Every playoff run has gone far during my time as a fan.

Every great team will also eventually crumble and it looks like it will officially happen this year.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Nothing major. The Cavs were toying with us. They put one or two players back, the lead went back up, Curry eventually took Bynum out for Stuck and the lead became insurmountable.
    I don't see it. We play players there is no need to evaluate, and if we were evaluating them you think after the amount of time we play the exact same players, the evaluation would be done by now.

We are doing a crap job at winning now, and an even worse one at "developing the future". We are stuck in no man's land, and just watching the team die in the most painful way possible.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't even know what to say, because Curry completely changed the rotation from what was somewhat successful down the stretch.

15. LA Dre

Joe will have to admit that Derrick Rose is head and shoulders above Stuckey in terms of being a PG that can control the game. Maybe he should look for a legit PG and rely on Stuckey just being Rip's backup until he burns out...and Stuckey takes over then.

Also it appears that Vinny the Negro is also a little bit better than Curry to in terms of rookie coaching skillsets....he good!

16. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, I thought Stuckey played well. He was the only one out there that looked like he wanted to win out there, and I would say he was our best player on the court today.

We just have no bigs. Sheed and Dyess are too old to play 30+ minutes anymore. They really should just be a backup and play 20-25 mins at most, but we have no bigs that are better.

Tay scored 4 points...

17. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Definitely two bigs. The true value of Dyess and Sheed cannot be realized because they play too many minutes for this team. Both of them need to play between 18 to 25 minutes per game max. They are simply too old. Playing them together is a complete diaster. However, Maxiell, Kwame, and Amir and not the answers. We have a tremendously weak front court. We need front court players. You would not notice the decline in both of those players if we had someone to go along with them. It also hurts and Tay is a weak player and is NOT a good defensive player, but an adequate defensive players.

18. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

19. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

basically we didn't play defense today. tay was particularly awful and he is either getting slower or just not putting in the effort on defense. i'm not worried about stuck - he was aggressive and a few of the shots he missed he got hacked with no calls. essentially we have no help defense and slow bigs and it doesn't matter if we play amir or max or whoever...cleveland is just a better team right now.

20. LA Dre

Yep he basically said that "our stats were good", we should not have lost by 18 pts...but we made mistakes.. Please MC...identify what the mistakes are during the game and adjust accordingly..