At Cleveland April 18 3:00PM Round 1 Game 1

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 16, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's not comparable. Every other team in every other series was either better or equal to the team they were playing.
    edited to add;

ORL won't lose at home (LOL i should have stuck with my earlier ORL is not cut out for the PO's, soft-3 point shooting team we will easily beat) LAL won't, and it's likely DEN won't either (although that very well could be a toss-up).

-----------

Me too.

The result and games in this series should not be surprising to anyone watching Curry/this team all year.

On a side note i had a dream last night that Curry was giving an interview and the two things he said we had to do next game were run the ball, and play Amir. The Pistons have infiltrated my subconscious LOL

It's frustrating for me b/c i was not down on this team this year. And CB coming into camp 10-15 pounds lighter, alot of the players looking re-focused and ready for a tough year seems to go entirely ignored to quickly push into the category of the Flip era. I'm still annoyed the trade happened before the BOS game. But i guess that's neither here nor there.

We are where we are. And now we have to have confidence in "cap space".

2. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

How come this thread isn't showing up in the games discussion list?

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You would not open up yourself for constant ridicule if you would bother to slow down a bit and read what is in front of you.

I left off the phrase "except for GT", in that one paragraph you cited. But above, I very clearly stated exactly how much playing time Amir had.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I am not going to claim he had a good game. However, to talk about Prince much when Dyess could never move over 5 feet to protect the basket, well, its like the old saying - arguing while the house is on fire.

The house is on fire. With Dyess paired with Sheed, our defensive rotation around the basket, and our defensive rotation in general, just stinks. James made some outside shots, but Cleveland as a team was handed a slew of inside points that they worked not in the slightest to get.

In reviewing the game, it was quite obvious what Cleveland was doing. Identify where Dyess is supposedly covering. Go there. Easy bucket.

PS, not that I had to review the game. From seeing the same thing over and over, review after review of the film from previous games, I already knew what I would be seeing. But its still sickening to watch each play where Cleveland punks out our two old men we got in there. And yes, its kind of nauseating to see how much Sheed has slowed too. I call our defense these days the joke defense. A horrid joke on us Piston fans.