At Cleveland April 16th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'April 2008' started by Dlev59, Apr 16, 2008.

1. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Seriously, he looked bored and lonely. Sheed was sitting next to him on the bench, you would have thought he'd be giving him advice or something. Cheik was standing in on time-outs but no coach ever paid him any mind.

Chin up big fella!
  2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Way to go, webz! Lower-arena seats represent!

Actually, I was surprised to read your observations about Samb being the lonely guy with no one to talk to. The one time they showed him on the bench on the Cavs telecast, he was laughing and talking to whomever was sitting next to him (I don't remember exactly who it was).
  3. webz

Damn, now I look like a liar. :pound:
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Waddaya mean by a meaningless game?

Good Leecap mr 365...In summary our scrubs beat their scrubs 3 quarters to 0 after our starters once again failed to show any interest in the first qtr and we lost the opening stanza. They were a combined 5-20 and scored an anemic 13 points. All were a -8 and never returned to the lineup...Flip benched those losers:)

We got 71 points from the Zoo crew and even after the Pistons poor start, it was evident that they would eventually take this game over and win it. :nod:

Everyone looks playoff ready IMO, even Flip...Joe's lost a few pounds, etc:laugh:

The most improtant stat of the day was that the Pistons won a game on a Wednesday !!!! The jinx is over and we can now play playoff games on Wednesdays and not lose.:)...The Pistons were 11-9 on Wednesdays this season including losing seven in a row dating back to Feb. 20 until tonights victory stopped that slide..

One last thing>last night both Detroits' baseball and basketball teams knocked off the teams visiting from Minneapolis. Tonight both teams travel to Cleveland and score double digit victories!!:sssh:
  5. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

we can't judge our starters. I am sure the main major instruction was not to get hurt. There was no aggressiveness in their game. Let us wait and see how they come out playing the first quarter with Phil.
  6. LA Dre

Love last nights recap too Webz...ya got reporting skillz and should be in line to replace Eli Zaret. I pretty sure he is old as I recall him being around when I moved away from there 28 years ago.

If you decide to go back for the finals can you get me ticket too behind the bench? I will fly in for a game and sit with >>>especially if it is game six at the palace and we are leading 3 games to 2:)

Then we can go out and celebrate around town the next day at the Art Institute, Belle Isle, etc.....and then stick around for a couple of days more to participate in the championship parade:winner_first_h4h:
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sweet report. The thrill of 3 quarters of garbage time in a hostile environment! Glad you were able to finagle the primo seat.

Did you yell anything to pump up the zoo crew?

Here's just a couple stats from the game tonight.
    • Each starter made exactly 1 basket. Possibly the first time that has ever happened in the history of the Pistons?
    • We had a ton of offensive rebounds... but they had more. All in all, 50 boards for each team.
    • Aaron Afflalo was the leading Det scorer, also the first time that has ever happened in a real game.
    • Amir leading rebounder and had 4 blocks in only 22 minutes.
    • Cavs 32 free throws to the Pistons 18. Good thing they were 0-9 from 3-point land.
    Dixon and Herrmann were pretty good with 5 threes, and at very clutch times. These are two very good players, who incredibly enough could be left off the playoff roster.

Besides Samb, it will be very difficult to figure out who to leave off the team. Very nice problem to have. Good thing the rules were changed to allow us to pick each series.
  8. webz

I was at both games Dre. Maybe I'm the lucky charm...
  9. LA Dre

My sister has an extra room at her house in tha D', if you need to bunk there for the rest of the playoffs.....I may be able finance a a few cheap sheets for you in the back row near Joe in the ECF and Finals if you really are the [STRIKE]missing link[/STRIKE] I mean lucky charm :)
  10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Awesome job Webz, I would say it was a journal rather than a post which you've brought me everything of the game thru my screen where your love to the team and intensity were precisely transmitted. Thank you sir and keep coming.
  11. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Great job Webz. Good to see you enjoying yourself. It is nice to be in Cleveland for this win. Looks like the fans there don't take Detroit seriously.
  12. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Nice job by Flip to keep the starters on the bench. I'd say that they played about 4-6 minutes too long. He should've just pulled them off the floor pretty quickly in the 1st when it became very obvious that they won't even try to get anything positive done.
  13. max

max All-Star

Their effort was a little disturbing. They were supposed to start in order to stay sharp but all they have been doing is developing bad habbits. Kind of fools gold with the bench pulling out these wins against the lesser foes which Clev was without James.
  14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Great job webz..that is the kind of reporting we need. We all can see the play by play on TV.

Did you get the sense that the other Piston players were just jealous of Samb?
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

"now who can argue with that! it was truthful, heartfelt, authentic down home western gibberish. We all owe a great deal of gratitude to Gabby Johnson......" - from Blazing Saddles:MusicBigGrin:
  17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Web, I went to that Pistons/Rockets game in Houston, wearing a Piston shirt and holding a Piston framed Championship poster! During thje part of the game when they show people dancin, the videotron showed me dancing with my poster. I got booed like hell and held up my head like Booger did in "revenge of the Nerds"! Never be ashamed to show who YOU ARE!!! Wooo!
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

"Heyyyyy", said the Jealous elder.:gun1: