At Chicago Nov 8 8PM

Discussion in 'November 2007' started by max, Nov 5, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

A millionaire is not all it is cracked up to be. That's the 1913 (buying power) equivalent of $40,000. Now a millionaire in 1913? That's a rich dude.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Who would you rather be, a millionaire now, or a millinaire in 1913?

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    It depends on how you look at it. If you were a millionaire in 1913, most likely by now you'd be dead.
    :nerd2:

4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Bulls lost again tonight to the Clippers, without Brand and at home.

:hoops:

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No way this 0-4 Bulls team should beat the Pistons...., However after they got knocked out last year by the Pistons, they may have enough drive in them to get the job done. Pistons just have to contain Gordon, Deng and the Pistons assasin Joe Smtih. The Clippers slowed little Ben (Gordon) by putting Brevin Knight on him and Big Ben was just a no show..with 6 boards and 1-6 shooting including at least 2 blown layups....what else is new????:)

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The present is a gift.

7. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

All you could get at that time is a first class seat in Titanic. I would rather be half millionaire now.

8. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

normally, this is an easy game. Bulls should be 0-5 after this game. my worries would be if the pistons take it for granted. I hate the fact that we have not changed our attitude. We still go the 4th quarter down by lot of points.

9. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    We don't know if the Pistons will take Bulls for granted. Sure, based on the last couple of years we don't know which Pistons team will show up for the game. However, lets not make any hasty predictions. This season is young and there are some changes in the attitudes. Lets hope that "switch" technique is not in use this season. Also, just because Chicago lost four games doesn't mean that they can't go off against Pistons. Gordon can heat up and go for 30. It is not going to be an easy game no matter how Pistons play. Bulls know that they have to stop this losing streak, because it will only get tougher to get back into the race.

10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I don't know...I've watched three Bulls games on League Pass and they really look bad. And we are looking pretty crisp IMO. I'd be shocked if we lost this game. Now later in the season when they get their act together they might be a team to reckon with but right now I think our challenge will be not to get complacent after we are up 20 points at the half. I'm looking so forward to the game anyway. I like the Bulls and I love the Pistons. So I'm psyched.

I looked into tickets to the Bulls/Pistons games last year. My dad lives near Chicago. My God, those tickets are a fortune. I see families sitting in those seats. Little kids. That's an expensive family outing.

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Good question. The depression would have destroyed a lot of my wealth, but then today's US dollar is deflating rather quickly, so it's really a question of take it all at once, or bleed to death slowly. :)

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree they have looked inconsistent so far, and even though they lost to the Clippers tonight, this was probably their best game...so hopefully they don't get over the hump on us Thursday. If you recall last season, we normally came out flat in games where we had more than 3 days off.

As far the ticket prices, if you think the bulls tickets are high, then look no further than the Laker ticket office. The Pistons play the Lakers at Staples next Friday, but I will have to sit at home to watch like most of you due to $100+ ticket prices...

13. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Sore ankle slows Ben Wallace

:hoops:

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's a good point.

Also, quality of life is much better now. You get to keep your teeth, you have a real automobile, you get to watch your favorite bball team dunk the ball on occasion. I could go on and on.

I think I'd rather be broke in the modern age than rich in the early 1900's.

15. max

max All-Star

Bulls are 0-4 to start the season. Their next game is this one.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think this sort of shows what Ben Wallace's value is to a team. The only real difference between the current Bulls team and last year's team is that Ben is not at full strength. If he had been getting his 12 rebs, 8 points, 3 blcks per game, they would be at least 3-1 right now.

However, because he is obviously not himself, he is taking up space out there with his inefficiency. Everyone knows that he is willing to play through injury and not whine about it, so Skiles need to add some value and force Ben to sit and recover.

17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Sometimes playing through injury is selfish.

18. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

This wait between games has been excruciating. It's almost like we had 3 more pre-season games and the real season is still yet to start.

19. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I agree. It's early in the season and he obviously can't heal if he keep playing on an injury. If he said himself that he can't jump, then he also can't move quickly to defend in his usual way. I think Skiles shouldn't even let him dress. Let him sit on the bench looking really fine in a nice suit. Then unleash his defensive prowess when he's healthy again.

20. max

max All-Star

Yes Ben definelty is missed. Another angle could also be how the players feel about almost getting delt for Kobe. Not the best way to start the season with that kind of distraction.