At Chicago March 29th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by Dlev59, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

That's right, dunes. It bounced off the top of the backboard and then fell straight in.

2. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Which is why you have defensive substitutions. Delfino should not have been covering Heinrich at that moment in the game. Sr. has to know Heinrich is going to have a good chance at drawing a foul from him.

As for the players:
    CB looks like he has the flu

Sheed hit some clutch threes, but I'd rather have him make some clutch dunks. Shooting more threes than fts. Not good.

JMax, other than a few nice blocks, did not look good. Teams are learning his style, and he's not able to draw fouls like he used to, he's getting blocked, and he's not getting boards.

Jr. reverted to bad Flip. Zero effort on D. Stands around without the ball.

Tay looked like the guy we've all been waiting for him to be.

Delfino, 2nd best player last night, until the boneheaded foul.

Sr: I know we were shorthanded, but Tay played too much, and if Delfino at the 2 brought us back in the 2nd, why did he switch to Hunter at the 2, in the 3rd? I do not understand his player rotations.

BTW, how bout that Phoenix game, 45-33 after the 1st?

3. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Chauncey is in trouble with ESPN's Daily Dime.

[​IMG]

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If I recall correctly, Delfino fouled Hinrich on help defense. Hinrich wasn't his man.

5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, Fino came over to trap Hinrich and got taken by the pump fake. CB was guarding Hinrich.

6. roscoe36

I totally disagree. Murray may not have been very effective, but he has totally been focused and hustling on D. He gets an A for effort last night, even if it is a C for results.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hey, if nobody fell for pump fakes anymore, nobody would still be pump faking.

8. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Maybe my memory is off, but I thought I saw Fino got picked, and then jumped off the screen to try and block the shot. I don't recall seeing CB anywhere in the picture.

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Billups better be askin for Lindsey Hunter kind of money in his new deal. He played like he had the flu last nite. We shoudda beat down those streaky Bulls.:stirthepot:

10. roscoe36

Well, Chauncey was playing defense. What did you expect? :pound:

11. roscoe36

I think Billups stock is definitely on a slide. He's valuable to any team, but his individual worth is highly questionable since he has started to struggle. That's the kind of stuff Joe D taps in to when he plays hardball ala Ben Wallace.

12. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Besides the loss, I think that was one of the most helpful game the team has played the entire season. I learned a lot about the team that makes me think we have a legitimate chance at a finals. First, most of the team has the flu. It is obvious. They are lackluster and a step slow. Nevertheless, they showed me a few things:

1. Prince has instilled confidence in me that he may finally "get it." With Hamilton / Webber out, there are many more shots open and Prince has taken them. Not only is his jumper falling, but he is back to scoring off his man. This is pivotal as he maybe are best mismatch come playoff time.

2. The defense is becoming just sick. During the two runs (2nd qtr / 4th qtr) the defense played awesome. Finally, I saw the team defend the pick and roll with some precision. This maybe because Maxiel was in instead of webber, but most of the time it is the guards fault for recovering to late and forcing the switch. As bad as they played today, I thought all the perimeter players did a good job at that.

Second, the trap defense employed by Flip was awesome, maybe better than when we ran it with LB. The trap forced a lot of bad decisions, but didn't (as many traps do) lead to uncontested layups by the Bulls, because the help side D was there.

Basically, the reason that I am so optimistic is because the sudden loss of all these players is forcing or allowing Flip to try a bunch of stuff. Were as most teams run a single type of offense (p & r, motion) the Pistons have the versatility to run a bunch of types. Hopefully, Flip is smart enough to use them all. Also, the multiple defensive looks that the Stones can now run will make it really hard for opposing offesnes to cue up on one particular weakness. This diversity of skills the team has I think is what will separate them from the rest. Especially in the playoffs were the ability to adapt is what makes the win. This is were we are different from last year where we had to rely on Hamilton / Billups creating and the LB ere man on man defense.

13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Micro, I am sure you are disagreeing about the zero D part. The part about him just standing around on offense when he does not have the ball is 100% true.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This is why I think he's more of a point guard than a 2. He does better when he has the ball and is a threat to drive. Not better than Chaunce, but better than he does as CB's wingman.

15. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

true, but you shouldn't be leaving your feet with the game tied and only a few seconds left on the clock. especially here, where hinrich was behind the 3-point line and going to have to take a tough shot ... just get a hand in his face and take your chances that he misses, especially since hinrich is a terrible shooter.

16. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Boy that game made me mad. The one positive was that Chicago looks like the Indiana teams of the last couple years - tough, grinding clubs that ultimately had a pretty low ceiling. We played like crap for three quarters of the game, without two starters, on their court, and it was still a two-point game that included the luckiest basket you're ever likely to see. But would somebody rebound the damn ball already?

17. roscoe36

That's no different than Billups. Or Webber. Or at times, Tayshaun. Or Lindsey.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As improbable shot as any, that in essence could have been categorized as the winning shot or the difference in the game :hoops:

19. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

One good thing, Bulls fans will decieve themselves into thinking they are just as good until the playoffs come and we smoke 'em.