1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Chicago March 29th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by Dlev59, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At Chicago March 29th, 8:00 PM
    TV - TNT

The season series is deadlocked at a game apiece between these Central Division rivals, they meet in the third of four games this year tonight in Chicago. There is sure to be a playoff atmosphere between these teams tonight and could be a second round playoff series if the seedings would end as it stands the date of this post.

The Bulls are averaging just under 100 points in the two games played this year. Billups didn`t play in the Bull`s victory and Nocioni didn`t suit up in the Pistons win.

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I figured the Bulls would not improve on last year's record. Ben Wallace was gonna need some time to adjust to his new digs..........

3. Dlev59

Looks like the Bulls playoff position is not decided yet. They can move up to second, drop down to 6th or remain in their current position, the 5th seed.

Remaining in the 5th spot will put them in a position to meet the Pistons in the second round, assuming both teams take care of business with their first round opponent.

Let`s assume this happens, and Detroit meets the Bulls in the second round and perhaps, the Heat in the EC Finals.

Would they advance to the Finals??

4. Mr.Shady

Mr.Shady First Round Draft Pick

The Bulls????!!!! You're kidding.
    I think that the Bulls are...I mean look. Ben is one of the best defensive players...He was, actually. The Bulls didn't have the spot for such a great player. Detroit got out everything of Ben...We were the champions. The Bulls couldn't take out anything compared to the Pistons from Ben...They will fail in the first round. It's for sure.

5. Dlev59

Im asking would the Pistons advance to the Finals!

Not the Bulls

6. Mr.Shady

Mr.Shady First Round Draft Pick

Sorry, bro.K, then let's get serious. I think we have a great chance...And we will. But with teams from the West like the On fire Suns or the rolling Mavs..to the fast Spurs.Well, this Title will be hard to reach. But I think we advance to the Finals.

7. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I would wager than no one of you would believe I would ever say this but what if the Pistons put JMax on Ben for a while. The way Max has been playing, I bet he could give Ben a lot of trouble.

Anyone else agree?

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Either him or Dale Davis.

Flip should tell JMax that if he out-rebounds Ben, he will get to start the next game.

This makes me think of something else that I forgot to mention...
    Why does Flip Saunders bother taking Maxiell out of the game when he gets 5 fouls? It's not like he puts him back in later, so why not just let him foul out? It seems like a convention that coaches mindlessly follow.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It would be interesting lazy because Max is a little foul prone, yet Ben isn't very aggressive offensively.

And I think Ben can guard Max because he gets a friendly whistle and would probably be able to draw charges on the Brahma Bull.

That was always Ben's best asset. His speed and that he almost never bails a shooter out with a foul.

10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It would be interesting to see if Max could keep Ben off the boards - a good test. Blocking out seems to be something he's doing a lot better than last year (or even earlier this year), but he still seems to me to have a long way to go. At his size, if he can't create space to pull down boards, he probably doesn't have a long NBA future.

Certainly can handle Ben's offense.

11. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

It occurred to me that JMax is so busy and about the same height and wingspan that he could keep Ben busy enough to keep him off the boards and from helping out defensively.

I would like to see it.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With both Rip and Cwebb staying home tonight again with the flubug, this will come down to if da bulls are hitting their outside shots or not. With Tay, Sheed and CB all nursing minor injuries, the Pistons must get excellent production from our main goon squad of JMAX, Dice, Delfino, and Flip Jr.

Lets hope that Sheed can stay out of foul trouble and CB can play smart ball with this motley crue and Flip sr remembers not to play Hunter and Jr at the same time.

13. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

RJC predicts 1st-quarter 'Detroit Sucks' chants that will be followed by a slow, grind-it-out ten point game that the Stones eventually cut in the fourth-quarter, winning by eight. Maxey goes for 15 and 10. Rasheed rips his headband off and throws it at B-bb-bben Wallace at the final buzzer's sound. Ooah!

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Our primary strategy should be to pass on this flu virus to the Bulls.

There should be a lot of sneezing on the ball. Put Rip and Webber in for 1 nasty possession and let them get their germs on.

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't think they traveled to Chitown, so Arnie would had to have harnessed those germs or took a throat culture from them before he left and then exposed it into the Bulls locker room. :sssh: OK I am going to extreme here in making sure that the short handed Pistons win. :MusicBigGrin:

Win or lose, this is another blessing in disguise as the bench gets more PT and preparedness vs a playoff team.

TS, are you going to the game tonight?? You know it a guaranteed road victory when a PForum member in is the house.:eyebrows:

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I wish. My ticket source fell through.

I'm not willing to pay $100 for a regular season game with 40% of our starters out. Tix are expensive here lately.

17. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

i thought that "sold out" is not real for most of the games. how come tix are so expensive?

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Hopefully they heal up quick so they can get a rhythm going into the playoffs.

20. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Flip Murray continues to improve.

Well, he outplayed Chauncey Billups, who let yet another defensive guard get in his head, Carlos Delfino, who continues to choke, and Lindsey Hunter, who played his usual ½-dimensional brand of basketball, at least.

Good game from Tayshaun.

McDyess and Wallace should be ashamed of themselves for being outplayed by Stromile Swift Jr., but not nearly so much as our incredibly weak-minded MVP.