At Chicago Jan 6 8:30PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by max, Dec 9, 2006.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i JUST WANT TO DIE..IF THERE WAS ANY GAME WHERE i DONT CARE WHO WINS...ITS THIS ONE!!!!!
  2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I certainly care. Of course I still love Ben, but I'm also still a Pistons fan.
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

gET BACK IN THE CHAT ROOM!
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

LOL...be there in a minute, HQ.

What's up with DLev, pining for the chat to open 45 minutes early and then not showing up? :stirthepot:
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I've got some mixed feelings. Always want to see the Stones win, but if we're going to lose one, I don't mind this game. Maybe it will wipe some of the smugness off of Eli Zaret and several veteran Pistons.

I don't expect Ben to do much, the Pistons are a jump shooting team without a consistent threat to dribble drive.

Here's to a good game, a well played match. No excuses.
  6. detroitsfynest

detroitsfynest First Round Draft Pick

is it me or is this game taking forever to start
  7. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I want to see Ben do well, for the same reason I want to see Isiah do well with the Knicks. I don't like to see people turn on players who once did so much for the Pistons. The Basketball Jesus crowd does enough of that already.
  8. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

:pound::lol::flypig:
  9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We are playing at a very low level as I mentioned here before--since the New Jersey game. We got blitzed by a total jump shooting team.

No way Rip will carry us like a Kobe and the coach needs to adjust to this fact.

Blalock cannot score and Joe needs to take this into account. Murray seems to be only a one on one player.

They jammed up Tay tonight and he seemed non-existant on offense.

The only bright spot is Maxiel.
  10. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Jeez did the Pistons get spanked tonight. The closest they got was one point in the 2nd quarter but basically a blow-out game from the opening tip. It's so obvious our point guard play is weak right now with Flip Murray no way no how an even servicable back-up for Chauncey. I have to believe that Sheed is hurt because he's just not playing the way he's capable of even with his cocky attitude. The bench got minutes and Delfino certainly made some horrible plays (especially fouling Gordon on a 3 point jump shot) but he's active and he boards and is putting energy out there. Maxiell continues to develop and give him, Delfino and whoever we trade Flip Murray for some major minutes and the bench will be there come playoff time. Tay seems to be playing tired and are all those major minutes he's logging starting to wear on him? I'm glad Ben Wallace had a good game but tonight's win was brought to you by Nocioni and Deng, young players that developed because they got playing time in the system --- you're reading the board Joe!
  11. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Quick player notes:

Murray: Ronald Murray
    Hamilton: shot well, scored well, played good defense, distributed the ball a little but mostly isolated himself
    Prince: see Murray
    Wallace: good help defense, decent post scoring, couldn't keep up with quicker slashing/jumpshooting forwards on the perimeter
    Mohammed: a good game for Nazr. Not much impact, but nonetheless a good game. Hit his jumpshots, made his free throws, blocked some shots.
    Delfino: led the team in rebounding. Two unforced turnovers, hit some shots, missed some shots, some good defense, some bad defense. The offense had decent flow when run through him.
    McDyess: missed his shots. Decent defensive effort and rebounded well.
    Maxiell: hit his shots; missed his free throws. Good offensive rebounding. Awful defensive rebounding. Came up with an assist.
    Blalock: continues to spiral out of NBA-quality player level, but played better than Murray.
    Dupree: brought energy and made his layups.
    Johnson: committed a hard foul.
    Davis: DNP.

The Parabolic Zone Defense: :gun1:
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Rasheed had it going defensively anyway, but i've noticed lately they don't really pass to him that much until the 3rd(?). In the 1st quarter it's Rip chucking (although making alot) and no other starter really gets into a rythm or touches the ball. The ball movement is non-existent. Tay is really off. This guard-oriented offense sucks. We need to play inside out, or at least drive and kick. Our forwards are not involved at all, and our defense is (still) awful.

Again DD got a DNP, and Max needs more minutes. I don't think we're this bad just b/c Chauncey is out.

All in all and emabarrassing performance and loss.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Took a nap at halftime. Woke up to see the score 88-68. Completed nap.
  14. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Piston fans,

This is the level we have been playing at. The Bulls exposed it. We have individuals that show bursts of energy but not the team as a whole. I think the guys are taking some time off in a way. The Bulls are a total jump shooting team and it didn't matter.

Maxiel should play and play. He does things we have no other guy do.

The point guard situation is atrocious.

Rip cannot carry the team and the coach asking him to points to the lack of real offensive movement in the system.
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i'll get back to the low down...DALLAS JUST MISSED A 5 YARD FGWITH A MIN LEFT...AND I CALLED IT....OOHHH MYYY!
  16. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

We lost because "we didn't get into our offense very well", and because "we didn't knock down some shots".
  17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

THE DIRTY LOW DOWN....Flip SAUNDERS

The worse coached game since he's been here. No preparation. No heart. No getting in his teams face. if he does, who listens. when Rip and Sheed say its over, nobody else on this team is strong enough to say different. Ive been in the Army with guys like Sheed. they try to take over the whole tent. This is now THE PORTLAND SYNDROME. " syndrome..tweedledeedum..humdrum..dont succomb..."
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

For those of you who didn't care who won, obviously the Piston players didn't care either. The Bulls outhustled the pistons from the jump and I am surprised they were still in it at halftime.

But oh boy after halftime it was a full onslaught from the Bulls as the Pistons could not hit field goals or free throws. I am not sure if we would have won with CB in there or not, but definitely Blaylock and Murray are not the answers. Murray shot 1-9 and Balylock 0-3 with no assists in 17 minutes of play. Can he even shoot?

Our starting forwards Tay and Wallace were clearly outplayed by Deng and Nocioni by the tune of 51-16 points wise. Didn't Prince at one point miss 3 or 4 FT in a row. There was a graphic on NBA TV that inducated that Sheed had 5 double-doubles before Thanksgiving and ZERO since!!!

Deng had his way with the Pistons interior defense and even Big Ben got off with an assortment of dunks, layups and set shots as the Pistons failed to cover him...:frusty:

Mohamad and Maxiel seem to have been only big men able to score inside as the Bulls interior defense with Ben probably playing a sesson high 39 mins contested everything in the that critical thrid qtr. Not sure what the issue is with Davis, but what are we saving him for?

I assume Dumars was at the game and he better start thinking about somebody who can run this offense when Billups is resting because any team as decent or better than the Bulls will give us trouble in any seven game series. Boy where are Carlos Arroyo and Smush Parker when we need them??:help2: We miss LB too!!!

Enough about the backup PG, we got a problem up front with the starting forwards. Even Chris McCoskey indicated that Sheed is just going through the motions, but what happen to the Prince of 2003-2005? Melo is starting to look better and better.:(

Out of first place now, one win in the last 5 games and 1-4 within our division. Should be able to pick up victories in the next four games, but any of them putting through a collosal effort can beat us if we play soft in the middle.
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

• High assists low turnovers are gone because Chauncey is gone.
    • Horrible coaching by Flip. Didn't prepare the team
    • Horrible play calling. We were in the game when Sheed got the ball. So why would we stop giving it to him. We would of won if Sheed got the ball.
    • Missed bunnies by Pistons, made jumpers by Bulls. Won't happen too often, but that's all the Pistons fault.
    • Tay is really annoying me right now. I don't know if it's the play calling or not, but he made himself look like a fool out there.
    • This team just won't get anywhere if they don't get Tay, and Sheed involved. I'll go even further and tell you they need to get the ball to Nazr too, he can put the ball in the hoop.
    • I'm glad Chauncey wasn't playing. No need to get the injury worse. Cleveland has taken a 1 game lead over the Pistons now, and Chicago is only .5 away from the Pistons as well.
  20. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

flip murray sucks