At Chicago Jan 6 8:30PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by max, Dec 9, 2006.

1. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Considering the contract situation you would think they'd be letting everyone know about the injury. That is, unless they plan on working a (sign and) trade... :stirthepot:

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Sheed's been owning himself lately, and who knows about his ankles. Prince does need to show up. I don't know. I think we lose this one w or w/o Chauncey.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Suns beat Bulls tonite on a last shot 3. A manageable 96-94 loss.
    Not like the 108 we gave up.

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

98-94 Pistons, can't forget about the Hornets game though.

5. max

max All-Star

True but its still nice to know that they got burned by the Suns as well, and they had a full roster. Nash dished out 13 assists and Stoudimire still got the better of their frontcourt.

Bulls have been cooling off lately so thats good news as this game approaches. Chance that CB may be back so we will see.

6. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Actually, Hinrich was out. Duhon may be >>> Flip Murray, but that screwed up their rotations even with Ben Gordon torching Bell.

Another big game for Amare, though.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I watched this game and the Bulls had it in the bag. They dominated throughout most of the game.

Ben Wallace had a chance to ice it, but he missed both of his free throws. The Suns then immediately tied it up.

Ben Gordon drew a foul with 6 seconds left and made both free throws. The Suns inbounded and hit a ridiculously difficult 3-pointer, which was highly contested for the win.

Gordon was on fire and the Bulls were dictating the pace of the game. My prediction is that these will be the 2 teams playing in the Finals this year.

8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

TaS, from what I read it sounded like a pick and roll at the arc that Chi blew and was not able to foul.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Whatever happened, they recovered enough to apply pressure to the shooter. Barbosa was drifting left when he shot it, which makes it tought to make.

I just scored tix to this game! 8th row, center court! If I had a PF.com shirt, I would surely wear it. Oh well. I'm hoping Chauncey plays and we don't get embarrassed.

I'll be sure and give the obligitory report after the game on the atmosphere, etc.

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I was thinking the exact same thing. It would be a great finals series if i didn't hate the Bulls so much.

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We are going to dominate Chicago if Chauncey is there. If he isn't we'll win it in the 4th quarter. Book it.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I hope so. But Chicago has been very good at home and especially since the Bens have been integrated in their scheme.

The last Bulls/ Pistons game I went to was last year when Sheed was making fun of them and calling glass, etc. This should be a rare regular season game with high intensity from both sides.

13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Which would make the win sweeter. The whole team will be ready for this one. I'll change my score prediction: 87-85 Pistons.

14. max

max All-Star

Good point about Sheed, he was able to do what he wanted against Chicago.

Its going to be a game ( w or w/o Billups ).

Other factors are Mohamed did quit well against Ben in the 05 Finals. If he has any pride then you know he is going to want to do well against the old Piston ghost that he is compared to.

Chandler used to kill us on the offensive glass, they do not have him anymore.

Overall I think the deciding factor is going to be Billups. With him I think we win this one by anywhere from 5-10 points. Without him may be enough to swing things in Chics favor.

We will see. Thats why you have to watch the games.

15. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Tell'em the players don't read this thread, they gotta focus on Oklahoma game first.:cheerleader:

16. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

The Bulls are going to be extremely aggressive and probably get the benefit of the doubt from the referees after they threw away a huge lead in New Jersey tonight and were killed by two awful calls in the final minutes.

Hinrich made it back but reaggravated his groin injury; apparently Ben hurt his hamstring as well.

17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I agree. The Bulls are hungrier and they are behind the Pistons in the standings and need the win. Ben will be ready. He'll be a beast out there. Ben has more hunger on defense than the entire Pistons' starting 5 right now. Saw this on Yahoo this morning:

Big Ben's bitterness - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

18. detteam

detteam All-Star

Good article. Call LB whatever you want, but Ben missed him badly last year. LB got the best out of Ben and Ben appreciated it...a mutual respect for the greater good.

19. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

"My spot's in Chicago," he said. "I took my spot with me."

Classic Ben Wallace.

20. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

I watched the Bulls vs. Nets game yesterday and in crunch time the Bulls could not close the deal. They still don't have that money player that you need to take the big shot or make the big play. Ben right now is a complementary player and his poor free throw shooting does cost the Bulls. Skiles one of the fiercest competitors must want to pull Ben in close games but doesn't want to alienate him so he just has to sit and hope that Ben doesn't get fouled. Ben Gordon is a very good player but he's not Jason Kidd or even Chauncey Billups with the game on the line. I like the way our team stacks up against the Bulls and look for Tay and Delfino to have big games tonight. Ben will be very emotional since his band of brothers is on the other side and he's still got a strong attachment to them. My secret wish would be for all the Pistons to come out wearing head bands and arm bands as a big F-U to John Paxon and his idiotic policy against his team wearing them.