1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Chicago Jan 6 8:30PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by max, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Yet despite all that, Blalock was plus 4 in this game. Murray was minus 21.

I have had the same argument about Delfino when Delfino was not making his shots sometimes. Delfino plays D. So does Blalock. Delfino gets the ball where its suppose to be, when its suppose to be. So does Blalock. Good D and good ball handling so often do not show up in the stats. I have watched Will Blalock very carefully from that last game. Three times I reviewed the 2nd half play of Blalock when he was supposedly doing so badly. He simply did not do that bad at all. He got the ball up the floor quickly, got plays set up quickly. He stayed glued to the opposing point, limiting what he could do. Good, fundamental point guard play.Sure he missed a couple of shots, but they were shots he should take. If he did not take them, then I would be worried. Why did he miss? Its called comfort level. Will Blalock can shoot the ball fairly well. As he plays more, we will all see that.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

OK Lee. I was just having fun with stats and giving you a hard time about the kid.

I'm glad he got some minutes.

He missed some really easy shots. He should keep shooting when open until Flip yanks him.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I think this part is underrated. Also when the team struggles it's not as apparent a benefit.