1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

at Chicago Bulls Saturday October 30 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'October 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons are the best 0-3 team in the L. I don't know if there is another 0-3 squad, but still.

I don't think you can pin this loss on one or two players. The wheels had come off by the end and it seemed like everyone got up a shot that missed by six feet.

I thought Tay played pretty well overall.

I also thought Charles G played his best game of the year but that probably had something to do with Scalabrini covering him. LA P is right, he is who he is - Charlie Garbage.

Gordon went off again his first time in the game. I do not think starting him is a cureall for the team. He is a for him scorer only and the bench suits him. That doesn't mean he coupdn't get more time.

Good to see Monroe get in and even better to see the Pistons reading the forum. Calling him a +11 ain't right but that was a nice put back he had and he wasn't the worst guy on the floor.

The offense has done a great job moving the ball and Stuckey really hasn't forced anything. I hope it continues.

Rose can fly, huh? I love Noah, he is one of my favorite players. I would have punched someone if they told me that a few years ago.

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Especially compared to the Joggernaught.

3. Brap

Brap Starter

Rose has been a terrible shooter in his career from 3 pt. One hot game doesn't make him a good one now, let alone a great one.

Our team has an ancient undersized Ben Wallace at Center, and then we get smaller with Maxiell. To the extent we're relying on a rookie, Monroe, and 2nd year playing out of position and physically stronger but still weak PF in Daye, we've got insolvable problems. There's no possible way we can compete against any team with any decent size and strength in the interior.

Also, we rely too much offensively on Tay - a nice glue guy, but hardly a prime offensive player in this league. Still, we go to him in the clutch as if he's a legitimate savior.

Don't go too overboard about last night's second half collapse. We were playing on a back to back, and playing shorthanded - McGrady is in his early stage of his recovery and not really ready to play, and we're missing JJ and Bynum and Wilcox and White. Chicago was rested at home waiting for us. That's always been a super recipe for second half collapses for every team in the NBA.

That doesn't mean we're a good team -- we're too weak defensively and on the boards to be truly competitive this season. I'm just hoping the team doesn't crush the spirit of the young guys.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Not saying Monroe had anything to do with that, but if you put him in the game and we aren't obviously getting beat, then continue to go with it. Again, we drafted to fill our biggest need. Realistically, he's not going to be drastically better in 2 months from light practices... yet we are going to be playing him then. It's so formulaic. Let's get on with it. None of these games matter anyway. They're just full contact scrimmages that will benefit our young guys.

I'd be totally happy with this rotation, cause it gives big time experience to the youth and it limits the minutes of our trade pieces. Oh ya, and we'd be able to start the full on tanking early to get a better chance at a lotto pick.

Stuckey/ Bynum
    Daye/ Gordon
    Summers/ Hamilton
    Maxiell/ Prince
    Monroe/ Wallace

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I watched the game this morning and all I can say is this:

The Pistons will start 0-9 at least to start the season

DEt News.com used an AP feed to cover the game

Tracy MGrady will retire before the all-star break

Losers cant steal wins from good teams on the road (i.e. Villoserueva, McGrady)

Rip wont have a single game over 25 pts this year

3 fourth quarter losses fall in the head coach hands

Wings won 5-2

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey actually pushes the ball up the court sometimes now!!! The athleticism thing will always be there though unfortunately. If he had that he wouldn't have been around for the Pistons to take at 15.

I agree with you. I would have liked to see him get in during the 2nd half, but can at least understand why he didn't. Hopefully it continues. Wallace/Mav still gives them something no one else can, but Ben isn't playing as well as he did at the start of last year and Max is Max. At some point the coach is going to have to be the villain (which he has done with Rip so far) and bump a vet out of rotation.

All the Det papers used the AP feed, a 2 paragraph jobber at that.

I saw what folks were saying about T-Mac moving the ball and hitting open guys etc last night. He can offer something if you play him with athletic guys (the Pistons have less of these guys than any team in the L) who can finish at the rim, but good lord, he looks like he is dragging a plow behind him when he runs.

A full court sprint between T-Mac, CG and Monroe might take all day.

7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Since when is Stuckey a bad athlete? Yeah, he's no Rose, but he posted the 2nd highest full court sprint of his draft class (only the speedy Brooks was faster) and he's attempted more dunks this year than he seemingly attempted all of last year.

Stuckey is a solid good athlete, even by NBA standards. Where he was taken in the draft had a lot more to due with where he went to school than a lack of athleticism. Let's not make him out to be a smaller CG for chrissakes.

8. max

max All-Star

Yes our front court has some serious issues. Need to sit both Maxiel and CV. I don't know what the logic is of using Max as a backup C and Ben really should be at PF, does not have the hops anymore for C. Maybe he figures that since Ben is short then its ok to have a short backup as well.

Hurts that JJ is out but a lot of our problems could be alleviated by sitting Max and CV and playing Monroe and Summers instead. Too much money to sit on the bench I guess with the team in process of being sold.

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I only wish all of the pistons.org coaching and mngt staff would read this.

10. LA Dre

I think Bengo kind of referenced that in his post game comments....about the coach not making the necessary adjustments for last night games...

other players will listen and start ignoring Kluless directions if this continues...

Some are defending him saying he is playing the hand dealt to him, but he does have Summers and Monroe sitting there getting next to NO minutes....

11. LA Dre

I think the Lions were the best 0-3 team after 3 games too, so there is some consistency in Motown

Philly, Charlotte and Houston are also 0-3...so I would probably put my money on the Rockets being the best 0-3 team....in terms of who will eventually have the best record when it is all said and done. ...the difference is that the Pistons should just be 3-0 now based on the circumstances

12. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

No post-game quotes from Charlie Villanova (his last name per the Bulls broadcast crew) or Austin "Not a Power Forward" Daye, but always bet on DaJuan Summers to have something to say, even in the face of adversi-Tay.

"It's a lot of drunk tweetin and textin taking place right now...." - DaJuan Summers, via Twitter.

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

thats probably why Summers (and Monroe) , two georgetown guys, aint playin!! A 20 year old ACTING like a 20 year old...I always s ay , "The locker room and practice court dont lie!"

14. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I tried to do a season opening podshow, but... :bored:

I can't even rail on the coach because this roster is ludicrous. I'm not sure there's a coach alive that can squeeze better play out of this collection. If Joe D thought that last year's injuries where the reason for their poor performance, he is sorely mistaken. This team is just bad.

Dumars is the only GM with NBA in front of his title that thinks his aging core and stockpile of SF's is of any value.

15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought Kuester was a good hire. I think it's nearly impossible to evaluate him with this roster. We're not even sure if he has any edicts from Dumars about who to play, not play, develop, showcase, etc.

I was a HUGE Dumars (the player) fan, but the longer Rip and Tay stay on this squad, the less I can stomach Piston games and the lower my respect is for Dumars (the GM).

16. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, it amazes me how fast he let Ben and Chauncey go, but the two guys who were the most expendable (and probably had the least amount of independent thought/personality), are the guys that he refuses to part with (unless he gets Kobe or Lebron in return). I can't fathom that the only thing Dumars learned from Davidson is to only value those who don't question you.

17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Keep in mind that with Ben and Chauncey, both of those situations were good for the players. Ben could get overpaid by the Bulls and Chauncey could go home to Denver. Maybe Tayshaun and Rip want to stay.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Chauncey and Ben were more in demand, so they were easier to get rid of. We got screwed on the CB deal, but I'd say that in hindsight, the Ben deal worked out well for us. As much as I like the guy, he didn't really live up to his FA contract.

Ben Wallace, Darko, and Amir all ended up with contracts that were too high. The theme is that teams are desperate for big men and will gamble/ overpay for the opportunity to get one.

With guys like Rip and Tay, it is tougher to find a team willing to overpay. There's no upside left with skilled players like these and there are lots of other guys who can do most of what they do.