at Chicago Bulls Saturday October 30 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'October 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Chicago Bulls

Saturday October 30

8:00 pm

Local TV:

Nat'l TV:

Radio: WWJ 950 AM

Chat is open!!!!

http://www.pistonsforum.com/playoff-chat/

:)
  2. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

As a subscriber to NBA league pass, I shall indeed be watching this game tonight. Hopefully I won't be the only one though; I look forward to other subscribers populating the game thread and (hopefully) PF.com chat with their ever so incisive commentaries.

Go Pistons! DETermination!
  3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

So will I, my finnish friend!
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Well I'll be counting on you guys because I don't have League Pass, and I'm really bummed out about not being able to see this game. Stuckey has been MARVELOUS through the first 2 games and I really want to see him and D-Rose go at it tonight.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You are not getting the free preview or just don't have cable?
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7. raxrets

raxrets Starter

what da f**k was that???

this is a weird team - they choke when win is at the hand (now)and and they try to win when choking is better at the moment - the last season last games.
  8. yes-sir

yes-sir First Round Draft Pick

CHOKE! Perfectly realistic that we could be 3-0 right now.
  9. Brap

Brap Starter

We don't have athletes who believe in themselves.

Until we get one of our guys to be the team's takeover star, we're in trouble. Candidates - Stuckey, Gordon and Daye

No way are they that: Prince, Rip

I don't think he's that: CV, Bynum

Wait to see: Monroe (in a few years)

Hopefully the guy is on our roster - but I'm not sure.
  10. Mr. Big Shot

Mr. Big Shot First Round Draft Pick

Points Scored 2nd Quarter: 39
    Points Scored 4th Quarter: 9

These types of losses make me wonder why I even watch piston games at this point. I watched us when we were the best team in the league and I continued to watch these past few years as the team has deteriorated...but these types of losses are so frustrating, and twice in three games at that. It got to a point in the 4th quarter where I truly believed that I could have been subbed in to the lineup and done a better job.

BG had none in the fourth, and he seemed to be really passive. Tay didn't do a good job of running the offense while Stuckey was on the bench either, it was extremely stale.

Coach Kuester is a horrible coach. Absolutely awful. We should have won the game in NJ, it wasn't the players fault, it was the coach. It's his job to maintain the pace and make sure the team continues to get quality looks. In this game we had a huge lead, and over the course of an ENTIRE 12 MINUTE PERIOD, we could not pull it together. Any other quality coach would have stopped the bleeding and the momentum.

Another thing I have to question is the heart of our roster...At some point in a game like this, certain players rise to the occasion and take into their own hands. Just got done watching the finals against the Trail Blazers back in 89-90, when we were down 90-83 with 2 minutes to go. Vinnie Johnson rose to the occasion. Why couldn't anyone at least put in an effort tonight? How can they just watch it slip it away and say "No disappointment. Can't dwell on the past...time for the next game."

I know if my team was in a struggling situation like that, I would force the issue, be aggressive, do SOMETHING.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Speechless.......19 pt halftime lead 21 pt lead to open the third and DRose victimized us and ran right by Stuckey and whomever got in his way.

Pistons played their best quarter of the season in the second and then did played their worst in the 4th.

Tmac-Monroe-Gordon-Tay-CV pretty much put a spanking on the Bulls in the second with a nice 16-2 run. Highlights were Gordon going 5-5 from the floor and 10-10 from the FT......he did not score in the second half.....

Monroe played 7 mins during this run (for +11) but did not play in the second half. He grabbed three boards, including an offensive one where he grabbed a missed 3 ball shot by CV and put it back in.

TMac was a good facilitator during this run and scored his first Piston bucket.....the problem is when he came back in the third I think he took two ill advised shots and I almost certain they led to a score on the other end.

In the second half, we went away from what we did in the second qtr..taking to many jumpers instead of getting in the paint and then getting to the FT line where we were 21-23 in the first half. When it rains it pours as not only did they shoot bricks from the field, they were 3-12 from the FT line in the second half. How about 2 assists in the second half for those 28 pts scored....

The Bulls open the 4th on a 19-2 run with Rose basically running the show with 39 pts and 7 assists....basically putting an even worse hurt on the Pistons than Devin Harris did to us on opening night. As good as we think our guards are, they can't stop anyone.

Somebody has to go Rip, Tay, or Kuester...
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps an embarrassing losing streak will force Joe D to do something? He said the goal for this season is to make the playoffs.

YouTube - Jim Mora Playoffs ! ? Long Version
  13. Brap

Brap Starter

Tay is THE worst go-to option in the league, and we continue to play as if he's viable that way.

The team really misses JJ - with him our D is so much better.

The team also misses Bynum. If we'd had him tonight, it's unlikely we'd have gotten killed so bad when Stuckey was on the bench. By the time Stuckey got back in there, after a too long rest IMO, the Bulls had all the momentum and at home their fans were going ape%%%%.

But the thing really is that we are, overall, just an awful defensive team - especially when we have Gordon and CV in there. Daye at least gives us a bit of length, but at this stage of his career, overall he's too weak and inexperience to be a consistent defensive presence. If we had JJ, we might be just below average to bad defensively - not awful.

Finally for now, the Maxiell as a key rotation player on this team needs to end. We've got to develop Monroe, and Maxiell is after lots and lots of chances, but a journeyman.
  14. raxrets

raxrets Starter

unlikely to some posters here - can't blame coach Q much. Why? Q's options are really limited: starting C is a veteran and Ben's age is finally catching him. Starting PF is actually SF/SG type - he simply is better defensively than CV - and that not a compliment because in D charlie simply sucks.

starting PG - plays well but with very obvious flaws.

starting SG is simply 5th wheel under wagon.

maybe replace rip with Gordon in starting 5 but there is politics and political games are usually out of coaches reach, especially when coach is sophomore in the club.

offence flows when stuck and gordon flow and that is the only option Q has NOW.

sure when Not So Iron Will is back and eventually JJ, this team will be much better but for PO spot it may be already too late.

You can blame a GM for this mess.
  15. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Ditch the politics by trading Rip for ANYTHING. Start BG. Swap Monroe for Daye in the starting lineup to kick-start the rook and give this team some size/ball-movement.

I've seen nothing from CV and Max to make me think "we need to play these guys to win".
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The team was +8 when Stuckey was on the bench. We were -18 when he was in the game. To be fair, Rose was murdering us, which had more to do with it.

In the little gap that Stuckey was out of the game to start the 4th quarter, we lost 7 points. 6 of them were in the first 2 minutes when the Bulls had Noah in the game and we had no center...

Gordon
    Prince
    McGrady
    Villanueva
    Maxiell

"medium ball" lineup I guess.

Monroe was +11 during his brief appearance, but it is best to let him sit on the bench and watch and learn.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We don't have a coach. We could really use one. I say name Hill coach for now. I watched him coach many, many games, and yes, I had a few doubts here and there about his decision making - but man is he a step up from Kuester. Whole stairways. Whole buildings full of stairways. Whole cities full of buildings full of stairways. Etc.

First of all, and hey, I am in large part just repeating thoughts of many - why on earth start Daye at power forward if 1) You never on your life would go back to that in a clutch situation 2) No #2 needed. Just quit the nonsense.

Anyone notice the contrast between the 2nd and 4th quarters. Sure, some would say just a coinkeedink. We started out the 2nd quarter with Monroe at center, looked like an NBA team. And just pounded Chicago no end. On the other hand, no Monroe to start the 4th quarter. No real center. Nothing even resembling a real center. Sure, lots of effort from a pair of 6-5 and 6-6 guys who we play as our center - but nobody who looks like a center. Chicago kind of liked that, and we got slaughtered. Note to coach, play Monroe. At least look like an NBA team. It does help.

Yep, Gordon was on fire. But Gordon was on fire in a quarter where we were playing a center. Pay attention coach. No, Gordon can't solve your problems. You put that starting unit out there that you do - and nothing short of discarding the whole thing and starting from scratch is going to help.

I was very interested in the learning curve Q would show on an important issue. Result: Continues to be clueless. No, you can't have Tay play 80 minutes in a back to back set. Do I expect you to learn Mr. Q? No. Just pointing out the obvious. Sure, you might actually know how stupid this is, but in the "heat of the battle" you tend to forget. You were a rookie last year, not this year. No more excuses.

As impressive as Gordon was in that first half, I was really impressed with Stuckey, how he was hitting his outside shots, setting up his drives. But hey, you got to pass the ball too. Start studying Billups. Look at old tapes. Faint in, make somebody shift, immediately make the right pass. Billups did this in his sleep. You would think wide awake you could figure it out.

Trend so far: We absolutely play no better, nor any worse, with or without Stuckey on the floor. Although tonight, it is starting to swing in the favor of without.

TMAC, as many have noted, is our most plus player. No, he is not really healthy yet, but he has a lot of talent in regards to passing the ball around. In contrast, it makes Tay look quite amateurish. Made his first hoop for us. Nice to see that.

My pet peeve. TMAC beat out Summers for playing time, without even playing. Tonight, hey, TMAC could have gotten the very same minutes, while Summers got some of those excessive minutes Tay got to our detriment.

JMAX would be considerably more effective if he could make his free throws. Makes me mad to see him miss so many. Lately, he is not making his shots either. Still need him for defense at center, even if Monroe is added to the rotation.

One adjustment Q would not try. A very obvious one. CV is not much of a defender. Why not add defense if the other team is scoring at will play after play. Oh, thats right, a coach would have to have a clue as to what is going on in front of him to figure something out like that. By the way, I do like that CV made some efforts to shoot closer to the basket tonight. That does help - but why should the coach be giving CV "development time" to work on skills he should already have. Kind of needed a W, tonight was certainly not the time to ignore reality and leave CV in there to work on his inside game which he has let go to rust.

No comments on Rip's game tonight really. We certainly have gone away from the catch and shoot game though all the sudden. A good thing, but if Rip ain't doing that - why start him. What Gordon proved tonight, he can do very well with a logical unit out there. (One with a center, one with a power forward, etc.) Start Gordon. And start Monroe along side Wallace to keep him settled down. With Gordon and Stuck providing the O, all Tay, Monroe, and Ben Wallace need do is play D and haul in the bounds.

Two more comments. Still not a moment of using Daye at shooting guard or small forward. Total non-sense still going on. Some people thought it was ok that he was starting at pf, thinking he would also play elsewhere. Ain't happening - but it should.

And, well, that last 18 seconds of this game was pretty silly. Get your guys off the floor, avoid injury. If you do get a clue Q, you will need these guys healthy.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

For the first time ever I agree with EVERYTHING lee said..........
  19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And if Rip isn't valuable enough, throw in Max too to sweeten the deal...he is another guy who probably either sat on the bench to long in his rookie year or was the wrong draft pick to begin with when we could have had David Lee who was drafted 4 picks later by the Knicks...

In highnsight, Monroe's 2 pts and 3 brds in 7 minutes were a tad better than the 4 pts and 4 brds that Max managed to grab in his 14 minutes. Please start the dude at the 4 or 5 at least and let Daye come in to spell if you just got to play him there

Yep some will say that we should be 3-0 now, but if we keep having defensive lapses and getting out matched down the stretch, I am thinking that the end of the season we will be saying that we could have been 82-0 instead of the 30 games that they might win.:yellowprison:
  20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

This is starting to look like a bottom five team--I hope I am wrong. This is really not a rebuild either as there is no player to build around. Gordon is a nice piece but needs a center and a point guard so that teams cannot load up on him.

The difference between Rose and Stuckey is the 1st pick versus the 15 pick. There is a difference. Stuckey is a nice piece but without his ability to hit the three ball, something Rose is now doing, his contribution is circumscribed.

The team simply can't get inside in the fourth quarter. And when CV tried near the end of the game, he passed up an easy jumper to get a charge called. CV is a factor as a long ball shooter. He is not going to be much else, at least for now, so that is how he should be used. But he loses confidence quickly.

Tay and Rip need to be sent to contenders for their fine service.

The team misses JJ but it misses Cousins even more. The Pistons are a team that has not drafted in the top five (except Darko--minus 20 something tonight) for an eternity. Those silly wins at the end of the season gave the team Monroe (looks two years away) instead of Cousins.