at Chicago Bulls Monday January 11 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'January 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Chicago Bulls

Monday January 11

8:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think this will be a loss (if not a beatdown) tonight, but this will be the last game of the losing streak.
  3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

but I'm sayin' one game winning streak...and better 1 game winning streak than nothing.
    :yellowprison:
  4. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wilcox will be starting tonight.

Pistons insert Chris Wilcox into starting lineup | detnews.com | The Detroit News

From Q:
    Though I somewhat agree that Wilcox deserves a chance, Q's wording is curious. He would be hard pressed to argue that Wilcox is better at any of those skills than Jerebko (athleticism, rebounding, running the floor).
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Tonight will be a great opportunity for Wilcox.
    Athletic big men like him need to get out on the break.
    Nothing can stop this team now.
    Kuester has a plan.
  6. webz

Wilcox and Stuckey will be running with the Bulls.
  7. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm looking forward to some Wilcox alley-oops...It's been a while since the Pistons had 2+ oops in a single game.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Sweet... nice one webz
  9. webz

10. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

So the lineup is Stuckey-Rip-JJ-Wilcox-Wallace? Looks like we'll struggle scoring in the 1st quarter again.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

12. webz

Hey Walter, I have a feeling you'll need to change your signature pretty soon, starting with tonights game! :stirthepot: :)
  13. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

this team IS tanking, that is the fact although the word "tanking" is by organization official taboo.
  14. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

Here is the thing I don't get. How did this team play so tough early on in the season? We challenged and beat better teams than what we are losing to now.

What changed so much to get blown up consistently?
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

13 and counting....next scheduled loss tomorrow in DC.

This one was only close in the first qtr when we trailed at the end of the qtr by 3.

Nice early buckets by the front court guys with JJ, Wilcox and Big Ben feeding off Stuckey. As usual Rip proved to be the distraction on offense in the first half and scored 12 of his 17 points in the third quarter. CV had one of his worse games going 1-10 and Bengo did not score at all re-aggravating is injured groin.

Our defense proved to all watching ...that we had no defense. Rose, Deng and Salmon were a combined 30 of 41 from the field and seem to be unstoppable in the second and third quarters. The Bulls shot 57% from the floor and it would have been higher if Pargo and Lindsey Hunter had not stunk it up in the extended garbage time going a combined 4-14....It should also be noted that Luol Deng was a +45 compared to -33 and -30 for Stuckey and Wilcox.

Rose showed Dumars what a real PG does...penetrating for 11-13 shooting for 22 pts and nine dimes...no one appeared to be guarding him so he never even went to the line????

Oh yeah final score 120-87...and in the second half it didn't even seem that close...
    WHEN WILL IT END???? :skull:
  16. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

With the Lions it became frustrating when Matt Millen wouldn't speak about the losing ways. Ya get tired after awhile listening to the coach after each game.
    It's now time for Joe to make a statement. Unlike his team, he NEEDS to take the BULL[STRIKE]S[/STRIKE] by the horn and discuss things.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That was umbarrassing, Runnin' Rodney Stuckey and the Detroit Pistons got blown out in the Chi.

Can you be a running force if you can't play more than 30 mpg without breaking down?

Offensive rebounding gets a lot of love around here, but I'll take a guy like Noah who devours the defensive glass every time.

Jerebko helped out without a doubt. Politically it probably isn't possible, but I would start him at the 3.

There isn't a player in the L I want shooting more if they're down 20 than Charlie Villanueva.

I think they'll win (gulp), but if they lose tomorrow,as OJ Simpson would say, look out.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This team needs to take a religious journey of self-discovery. I'm talking shaved heads, trip to Mecca, Jerusaleum, The Vatican....wherever....they just need to go somewhere and pray for a really, really long time.

I liked what we got from Wilcox and JJ upfront. Stuckey got back into his stellar 1st qtr play only to then disapear like David Copperfield for the next 3 qtrs....guess all that running wore his butt out (I'm telling y'all the boy ain't in shape, he needs to fire whoever worked himout last summer).

Right now they can't come close to defending a pick and roll even if their lives depended on it.
  19. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Certain starters know this is their last season with the Pistons. Lots of energy by the youngsters and the books on players (from opponents) becomes thicker.

The team is still in transition. As the season wears on, most will begin to understand that any and all could be moved. The sooner Rip and Tay are moved, the sooner JD can begin to pick up pieces for next years playoff run. The East will again be that weak.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Of course you can! So long as the backup who regularly outperforms you (when healthy) isn't sitting behind the bench wearing a blazer and jeans.

You said it not me. I'll tell you what...the energy level of the team is DRASTICALLY different when he isn't playing.

Is it just me or is Charlie more frustrating to watch than Sheed when he's not bringing his "A" game.