at Chicago Bulls Monday January 10 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You mean because Stuckey was -18 and TMac was only -6?

All right, I'll buy that.

But what about Wilcox??!!?? Plus three baby.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I love reading the +/- tea leaves after the game.
  3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Its better than Coach clueless using the magic 8 ball during the game.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

:pound::pound::pound: Hey I've (gladly) ate my crow on Greg Monroe on more than a few occasions. I actually like GM, as stated earlier he needs to polish up a couple moves and he'll be pretty much good to go.

Derrick Rose is the most explosive player since Iverson, watching him is unbelievable.

Daye and Monroe showed what they have to offer and what they're lacking in the same game, great 1st halfs but when the Bulls defense tightened up they were rendered useless, had they been able to bring the same performance in the 2nd half that they brought in the first, I might have jumped on the bandwagon. It's also clear that Daye needs to play with a good, smart PG who kicks it out, so there goes the, "Pair Stuckey with Daye" theory.
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I thought I heard CG calling his own fouls.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Has Monroe scored on a back to the basket move yet? It seems like he's scored on layups and a few jumpers.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I don't think so. Looking at his footwork I think he can be a really good post player, he seems to have very little problems establishing post position, I also think he should study Kevin McHales moves in the post and some of Hakeems work (old Hakeem) in the post. Greg is looking pretty good these days, averaging 13&11 in the 3 January games so far.
  8. BallDon'tLie

Greg Monroe aside...
    I can't remember the last time ANY Piston big man scored with his back to the basket. ...Sheed maybe? ..."Bad Back to the basket" Willcox has done a little I guess but we haven't had a true post-up big man in a long time. (...and no, Tay's 5 minute forays into the post don't count man!)

It's a rare thing in today's NBA.
  9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

GM tried it once last night. He backed down his man and missed badly with a soft lefty hook.
  10. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I'm inclined to say that Stuckey is stronger than Rose (I mean, no one can deny that Stuckey is pretty damn strong) and probably a better defender, but can't disagree with the rest obviously.

Stuckey didn't play great last night, but isn't it funny how "everyone's favorite PG Tracy McGrady" finished last night with 2 assists and 3 turnovers, yet Stuckey is the only one getting lambasted for last night, when he hardly even played? Stuckey wasn't even close to the worst player last night.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

T-Macs turnovers came in the 2nd qtr when that unit was killing Chi, as far as the asts go, Daye missed some WIDE open looks in the 2nd half that could have padded that stat for him. I don't think Stuckey is getting blamed for last night, I think most of us are putting this on Q's inability to make in game adjustments/substitutions in the 3rd qtr as our team gives the game away. I would have went to Wilcox and T-Mac very early in the 3rd as it was clear that Gordon and CV were in suck mode, I would have had a lineup of T-Mac, Stuckey, Prince, Monroe and WIlcox in at about the 8 minute mark of the 3rd.
  12. basketbills

After watching last night's game I'm convinced Rose, talentwise, has the edge on Stuckey.
  13. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I would have to go a step further and say even though it wasnt his fault for the 3rd q collapse...I woulda pulled stuck and put daye in for him with the other substitutions, simply based on how well that unit played 2nd quarter. If it aint broke dont fix it.
  14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

That much was obvious in 2009, much less now.

I just find it funny that, win lose or draw, Stuckey is by far the most discussed player on these forums irregardless of how he plays, and the majority of it isn't supportive.
  15. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Part of that is the lindsey hunter rule...they were both thrown to the wolves to replace finals mvps that won rings...not many players in the league can live up to that pressure. and part is because the gm dropped the ball and overlooked the fact that hes a 2 guard without the deep threat when he made him the pg of the future and fractured the psyche of the franchise with the billups trade
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I have brought up Stuckey because he has been downright awful lately. His jumper and him being forced into the PG role are small potatoes compared to the head he has on his shoulders and his decision making.

Rip played poorly last night (and could you blame him) and that means he was missing shots or turning the ball over. Stuckey is just doing stupid, reckless things over and over.
  17. basketbills

And I'm guessing Rose can get his leg up the wall farther.
  18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

When Hamilton misses a ton of shots and turns the ball over, he is often doing stupid things that he isn't capable of (like isolating and shooting ridiculous fallaway jumpers). How is that any different than what Stuckey is doing?

Stuckey's jumper was actually a positive last night. He made more than he missed. He didn't play well, of course, but there are about five guys last night I'd single out before I single out Stuckey. Stuckey's production was actually good for the minutes he played, whether or not people will acknowledge that, I don't care.

And you pretty much have a bone to pick with Stuckey, even during the games where he plays really well (you tend to zone in on one or two plays where he didn't do well vs. the rest of the game), and I don't see how you can deny that. You don't like him, I get it.
  19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yes, I get that much as well. Not Stuckey's fault that his boss overestimated his abilities or has tried to force him into a role (point guard) that he had never played much of at the high school or college level.

A lot of the criticisms of Stuckey are fair, but the amount being directed at him versus the rest of the team is certainly not.
  20. BallDon'tLie

I love you man.