At Chicago Bulls March 24th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Minor correction: ...he has been forced to give some of the guys opportunities lately...

;)

2. Walter

Yep, he's a keeper. If anything, for the entertainment value of him harrassing the likes of Brad Miller as he's lumbering up the court.

3. Walter

Agree 100%. The one thing that we can be happy about this season is knowing that our guard rotation is solid for next year. Rip leading Stuckey-Bynum-AA is a good mixture.

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You really are great for me ego LOL j/k

The feeling is mutual.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

[STRIKE]Stuckey,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Rip[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]AI[/STRIKE], "Hey Will, get in the game."

If he didn't call WB's #, it was going to be AA or Tay at the point... which would have been brutal.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Curry has never been afraid of making a brutal roster decision.

Michael Curry looks sanity in the eye and laughs at it.

7. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I feel ya brother. I wasn't blaming the loss on Hermann, after the game I had to vent on his horrible play at the end. I don't think I ever said only Hermann lost us this game. He was in at the end when we were on that run and I seen him let 6 or 8 points in the basket by himself in like one minute, and it just pissed me off. Needless to say I feel much better today, haha.

I know Affalo couldn't hit a bucket last night. Stuckey shot like crap. Kwame's hands had butter coated on them. Tay actually played alright he wasn't superstar quality or anything, but he was playing pretty good. I just couldn't beleive Curry had Hermann in at the end, especially guarding Brad Miller.

8. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Ah, my bad, for some reason I thought he was out more games last year with his hand. Well still, for a second year player he's pretty good.

9. Walter

That's a T-shirt.;)

10. max

max All-Star

So true. No one who plays in spot mins is going to have that kind of an impact and he is no worse that Jarvis Hayes, Flip Murry or anyone else that has masqueraded as an NBA player for us.

On the other post. Curry gave both Stucky and Amir starting spots. Amir could not handle his chance. Kwame I would not call young but he could have been playing more.

Afflalo seems to get the short end of the stick sometimes but look at last nights game. He is too inconsistant on the offensive end.

We don't have much going forward. I was hoping more things would have worked out this year. Then again we have not had top 10 picks like the Bulls have had.

11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I'm not sure that's what I'd call a "good" mixture. Rip is the only one of the lot that even plays well somewhat consistently.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I am going to take exception to "Amir not being able to handle his chance". What chance was that? We won the first 4 games, with Amir starting. Then AI got thrown into the mix. Three games later, Curry decides since AI is so skinny, we need to play Kwame now instead of Amir. And very quickly, Amir was not getting minutes.

The only thing Amir has done this season - play winning basketball. Regardless of who he is paired up with, except for Dyess, who shows negative paired up with anyone other than Sheed.

Curry has a serious problem. Whether Amir has foul trouble or not, Curry does not like to play Amir minutes. And don't tell me its the results. The results are that we win. We outscore the other team with Amir in the game. Its Curry finding fault. Whatever fault he cares to point to. Since Amir does so much per minute he is out there, sure, you can find fault.

A wise coach however would ignore the occasional mistake and concentrate on what Amir does on the positive side. Shadows their point guard up the court. Always gets back well on transition D. Rotates out to shooters very well. Has height, quickness, and enough size to guard ton of opponents well. Great on offensive rebounds. He can even shoot the ball - though Curry could care less, since he is only looking for reasons to sit the guy, and nothing more.

13. max

max All-Star

Lee - my impression or what I have found from listening to the post-games and whatnot is that Amir does not always follow the game plan. He forgets plays, out guarding guys that he is not supposed to. A lot of talent but I don't know.

I am almost to the point where I would not mind seeing everyone traded over the summer. All the in-house garbage. Younger players deferring to the vets, vets wanting to take over games. Stupid pecking orders and who deserves to take what shot and when. All the resentment thrown back at AI over the trade. Guys playing for their next contract.

Bottom line - We are not a team anymore. Not playing like a team. Not treating each other as teammates. Head coach who does not know what in the heck he is doing out there.

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Do you really think that? Other than the CHI game, i've thought they've been pretty great about playing together. It's the only reason they've been in all the games in spite of all the injuries.

It seems like that's the one thing they have been doing regardless of who's on the court for the last dozen games or so.

I chalk alot of the confusion to the coach not knowing WTH he wants the players doing not them "freelancing".

15. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

...without ever having an oil change.

16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Completely agree lpgrl. If we weren't so decimated by injuries and if we had a somewhat competent coach, we'd probably still be in the hunt for 4th seed right now.

17. max

max All-Star

I don't know. Not like they used to be and not like other good teams are. The sum is less than the whole right now. I don't think we can use the injury excuse since the record has not changed much either way.