At Chicago Bulls March 24th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 19, 2009.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

True.

I blame Sheed, Hamilton, and Iverson for being wimps.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I did. Also check CHI's last possession of the 1st half when Ty Thomas had the ball behind the backboard in the corner near the 3pt line when Max for some reason decided to close out on him like he was Larry Bird and gave up a baseline dunk to give back a lot of the momentum they had just built up.

Herrrman is not the only one giving up hoops out there. Not even close. If you want to see teams focus on one guy, watch what other teams do when DET plays Afflalo at the 3.
  3. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

This is actually embarrassing now.

I no longer care about even getting into the playoffs. And if this season was ALL about "developing Stuckey as our PG of the future" then this season is nearly a complete failure. Trying to point out that it's because our coach is playing one obscure scrub in place of another obscure scrub and pointing it out every time we lose is confirmation bias, and finding loopholes whenever the "bad" scrub ever comes through for us. They aren't big enough factors to matter.

We don't suck because we play Walt, and because we don't play Amir. We suck because the team we have right now isn't good. The only time chemistry EVER comes into play is when we're throwing a D-lague lineup out there.

We have not one true alpha dog in this entire organization.
  4. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It will be fine to have someone grab double digit rebounds in any game and I also won't be bother if a big man made "NO" board in any given game while team's total rebounds are forty something.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch these. But looking at the boxscore, looks like Bynum was unconscious. 10-16 with 9 asts, 1 turnover, and 2 steals???!!! He didn't get to the line, but other than that, what a game. Also, he was +10 for the game.

Bulls, 92 points from their starters? What's up with that?

From the stat sheet alone, it looks like the Bulls just beat us with equal contributions from all of their starters. They were all efficient and productive.

Looks like Herrmann and Amir had pretty decent showings as well.

If we miss the playoffs, does MC automatically get fired?
  6. brofmfa

Only watched the last 10 garbage minutes. They play like a different team with Salmons and Miller on board.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Folks its time for us to realize that the team as a whole have quit.... Yeah there is a chance they might miss out on the playoffs, but apparently AI, Rip, Sheed or even Joe can care less.

We are playing scrubs who should be better than what they are, but there was no player development by LB, Flip or any of those assistant coaches who have been collecting a check the past few years....yeah I and talking about HOF'er Dave Cowens who has passed none of skillsets to Amir, Max or Kwame.

Even Alflolo who on occaision shows up, has not played enough the past couple of years to show any real progress.

Bynum has shows signs of brilliance the past couple of weeks and has out shown Stuckey in half of them. Tonight~~20 pts, 9 assists for Will.I.am, 14 and 3 for Stucky. Who is or should be our point guard..? The guy who is not affraid to penetrate or the guy who is not sure when to shoot, penetrate or pass?

Herrman:confused:

Speaking of development, there has been none in our coaching ranks either. Curry was outcoach two games in a row on two nationally televised games by two other rookie coaches. Even the the ESPN/ABC TNT announcers can see what we see and point out the piston flaws....but apparently no one in the Pistons org pays attention.

After the Piston [strike]loss[/strike] I mean game with the Lakers Thurday, the Pistons fans should quit coming to the Palace....The Pistons will probaly be close in this game, but I am trying to think in advance what will Curry do to blow the upset win.

The Pistons I believe are about 2.5 games ahead of the ninth seeded Bobcats??? If LB makes the playoffs and the Pistons don't I can only imagine Mr. D rolling in his grave and sending Mrs D a message that she can pick between one person to get rid of May > Dumars or Curry
  8. brofmfa

Hey Dre, totally agree with you to the subject of development of young players while it has always been my lament on the ride.
    However, no matters what will happen in off season and no matter where this young players will play next season they gotta to see this year as a grace in disguise in their career.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There have been plenty of opportunities these past few days while Sheed was out to put Walter Sharpe in for 2-3 minutes in the first or second period, but in the last two games he has been inserted in the game in the last 30 seconds to upset the Vegas spread by scoring the last two pts of each game...;)

Both were circus shots, but he is maintaining his 2ppg average.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Normally I would agree with you, he is definitely not a presence out there, but he had a decent game. It's sad though that his decent games aren't all that spectacular. It's been a learning curve with me, Darko, Delfino, Max, Amir, Afflalo my high and enthusiastic expectations keep dropping until they succeed and we find level.

We've barely seen him, and I am not going to fall in love with him, but he is crazy athletic, he goes straight to the hoop, and gets a shot in the paint. I don't know if he has a J, but he reminds me of a poor man's Richard Jefferson. For a second rounder, he's "appears" to have more upside than [strike]Acker[/strike] or Amir.

Aff is like a mini Amir. He gets hyper and plays himself out of position. If I have learned anything this season, it's that veteran players play a lot more between the ears, than with their athleticism.

Nice use of confirmation bias. If you ever have time, look up Nassim Taleb and his "turkey story" about confirmation bias. It's points out how we fool ourselves, and forget to factor for error. We all do it. You, me, Joe.
  11. brofmfa

Great point :good:
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't think anyone's trying to say that Hermann is solely responsible for the loss or that Amir not playing is.

The point is this team is not a "powerhouse" anymore. They need the players that give them the best chance to possibily win the game. We can no longer afford a stretch where Hermann goes mentally retarded and gives up 6 points in a minute or getting no rebounds out of a big that plays almost 20 min or playing two slow help defenders together for a long period of time and expecting it to work.

I'm not saying that other players don't make mistakes, but the difference is those other players play defense and usually end up having a net positive effect on the game b/c of that.

If you notice AA's offense was atrocious this game, but when he was taken out the game became a blow-out (granted it's not just him taken out but who replaced him).

When you look at Hermann, what is the point of him being in the game? Seriously does anyone see one? I'm sure if you put me on an NBA court, i could eventually make a shot or two occasionally. I can also get confused about where i'm supposed to be, forget who i am guarding, adjust my ponytail, etc.

My point is these players aren't causing the loss, but they are making it very hard to win. I'd like to see the team with an actual coach and rotation of players that makes some freaking sense, and then decide whether they are hopeless.

Common sense would tell you that Amir was a good match-up this game, and that you don't need Kwame's post defense for Brad Miller/Thomas/Noah or that maybe's it's not the best idea to continue to play Dyess and Tay 40 minutes.

Flip used to make no moves.

Curry makes moves like he's blindfolded.

Amir goes from crucial to benched. Max goes from insignificant to the first big.

Kwame starts. Kwame doesn't start.

Arron is everything a Piston player should be. DNP. DNP. DNP. Hey, Rip's injured, start now.

I feel like i'm on one of those gravitron things and i can't get off.

Consistency, defense, a rotation. We have none of that, and there are what 10 games left?!

The tanking theory is looking very appealing right now.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's very true. And in the big picture, one year or even two years under .500 isn't that big a price to pay if we can get back to contention, and sort the wheat from the chaff on our roster.
  14. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I deeply appreciate having you around, someone who understands the game.

Absolutely, Herrmann is just part of the problem. In my game reports, I mention several problems, but some choose to focus only on Herrmann. Of course, tonight, I made it hard not to, as that is the first and foremost thing I mention. But hey, we start the game with two bigs, neither a power forward who can rotate defensively, and we get burnt around the basket. The pair of Kwame and Dyess got outplayed mightily, and its not that either is a bad player - just that neither is a power forward.

I mention the disorganization. I get no comments.

I mention fatigue for several players. I get no comments.

I mention the inconsisten use of one of the players, I get no comments.

Except for you, and a few others here, it seems that nobody is paying attention to what I write. Thanks again for being here. You are very, very much appreciated.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I have now reviewed the game.

Herrmann gave up 12 points, 15 if you want to be a bit more critical of his play.

In addition, the team as a whole very often covered for his slowness. Great job by the rest of the team on defensive rotation - needed because Herrmann could never guard anyone.

PS, and the 6 points I mention, that was all in 30 seconds.
  17. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

It seems Will Bynum is getting more developed then Stuckey is!

Since, I knew we had no chance at the 'Ship, I want these guys to go out there and try, but Curry flat out sucks.

It seems like they can, LB has finally gotten that team to click. The loss of J-Rich was a minimal one.
  18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We could end up five games out of the playoffs, easy. Charlotte only has a couple of teams on their schedule that are maybe too tough for them, Orlando and the Lakers.

We, on the other hand, will most likely beat Washington, but otherwise might lose the other 11 games remaining. We are that bad. (as coached by Curry.)
  19. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Lee356, I'd like to comment on the games but all I get here in Montana are the stats. Amir had 3 points, was a +-0 with 6 rebounds in 10 minutes. Hermann had 9 points, was -1 with 4 rebounds in 13 minutes. Hard to gleen anything from that. That's why I look forward to your game reports.
  20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's frustrating to lose to the Bulls, the Heat, and whatnot. But this isn't a 60 win team or a fifty win team, maybe even not in the end a 40 win team. It's a team built not to have an alpha dog, and one that has shown over the course of this season that it can't play with one even when he shows up. This is at very best a 500 team that is going to lose to other 500 teams. It's a team of role players being asked to step outside their roles and it's ugly. Six years in the ECF may as well have been in the 50s for all the relevance it has to this season.

The Pistons style of play over the past few years was a fun bump on mainstream NBA life, but an aberration it was. Despite all the talk of how great the style was, how wonderful it was that there were no egos, all that, and no other GM sought to build a similar team. Changes in the defensive rules after '04 took the soul from this team, that and losing Ben Wallace. Ben, who in hindsight actually left at the right time given his rapid physical decline. But still, it marked the end of something.

It also marked the end of injury free seasons. Nobody used to miss games. Certainly guys got hurt, and some of those injuries really hurt the team, but nothing like this year. Age and too many very long seasons in a row with too many minutes had to be paid for, and this year the bill came due.

It's no longer a matter of bringing in the right guy to put them over the top. Now it's at least two, and maybe three new starters who are needed, and at least one solid guy off the bench. Joe has his work cut out for him if he wants anything other than an also ran anytime soon.