At Chicago Bulls Feb. 10th, 8:30 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 5, 2009.

1. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Yeah I actually agree with you, but that seems to be a bit taboo for some of the posters here.

2. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

:pound: definitely. you're welcome. sort of. :pound:

all i want is: a) that people actually read the posts of others with a minimal capacity for absorbing whatever in the post doesn't conform to (a.1) the reader's preconception of the poster and/or (a.2) the reader's own preconceptions of the issue at hand; b) that people actually be rational when they are claiming to be rational and c) acknowledge that they are being passionate and irrational when they are being passionate and irrational. i think a lot of pseudo-debate and needless back-and-forthing could be avoided by adhering to this (this is me being rational). and whatever problems it didn't solve i don't care about because i didn't come up with solutions to them (this is me being irrational).

the cool thing is that (c) lets us say absolutely any old biased irrational wacko b.s. we want so long as we're up front about it being biased irrational wacko b.s.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yes somebody watch and then provides the real +/- for the Sheed/Dyess combo for the past 18 games , which we are misarable 6 and 12

4. LA Dre

We probably can find at least two or three of those 'stupid shots from Sheed the past 3-4 years...someone cue up the Youtube Sheed lo-lights

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The last 3 games have proven that we need an energy big in the game at all times.

Look at what Chicago just did to us. Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah were all about the paint. They have very little skills compared to Dyess and Sheed, but they have 5x the energy level and athleticism. Thomas and Noah took 15 shots from point blank tonight. They had more in the paint, but those were just dunks, layups, tap-ins.

Sheed was on fire tonight and TT and JN still outscored Sheed and Dyess almost purely on 2nd chance points off of 14 offensive rebounds.

We have guys like those 2. We can be the ones frustrating the other teams with shotblocking, offensive rebounds, and manic energy. Sheed and Dyess are great players in their own way, but they are no longer willing or able to bounce around in the paint all day.

And I will end with a brief comment on how disappointed I am that in a game where Amir was actually being very effective, MC still didn't trust him when things started slipping.

Amir had 4 fouls, yes, as he always seems to. 1- attempted to take a charge. 2- stopped a dunk (dunker made 1 of 2 FT's). 3- committed foul while trying to get offensive rebound. 4- took a charge, but didn't get the call. All of those are acceptable fouls. They aren't an idiot kid leaving his feet on pump fake variety.

This was a landmark loss. A back breaker. One of those losses where guys start thinking about themselves going forward instead of the team. A loss where all you can hear on the flight home is muffled beats from over amplified headphones.

6. LA Dre

If Curry were playing the young guys and there was some improvement in them and also vets still played with conviction, I would give him a pass. However the situation seems to be going from bad to worse as we are winning just enough to keep the four games above .500 cushion we had prior to AI's first game

But at this point I would be willing to have Flip too just to be happy in the regular season even though I already would know what the future would look like in round 3...

He is still being paid, maybe we should bring him back and make him earn his pay. :sssh:

7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I haven't seen a loss like that from the Pistons in a long time. That was a COMPLETE COLLAPSE. I don't get really bummed out about things like that, but still, it was absolutely incredible. Breathtaking you might say. I don't think any of the Celtics losses in the playoffs were this shocking. This was one game where I feel the old saying that "it's just one game" doesn't hold true. I wonder if this caused Joe to make up his mind on pulling the trigger...

How long is Curry's contract?

8. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Chauncey aside, I think the directionless 4th quarters are a product of lineups. AI CAN lead, same with Stuckey - potentially - he's shown flashes. But neither of them can really control who's out there with them, or what plays are being called. Neither of them have the "clout", so to speak, to really, effectively guide the other players. I think some of those guys might still be living in the past, living off past glory.
    Curry's end game lineups are as dysfunctional as they come. It's like Curry's fielding the best team to get us to another inexplicable loss.

9. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

iirc, 2 years.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Michael Curry gets 3-year contract to coach Detroit Pistons - Kalamazoo Gazette - MLive.com

I actually thought his contract was for way less than $2.5M. Why did they pay him this much? He wouldn't have done it for $500K?

Still, a buyout isn't major cash in the grand scheme of things. The organization could make the money back in wins.

11. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

12. max

max All-Star

There another one just like that a few games ago by the same guy.

I was not aware that I jump on every post about CB. If I do then I appologize.

"The Team does not know how to finish games without CB".

I guess thats not about the trade in particular. More about not having the guy anymore when we still could have and been able to finish out this game.

I would imagine that leadership is supposed to come from the vets who are still on the team. Its just not happening this year.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This is serious, not rhetorical...

What was Sheed actually thinking? Did he lose track of time? Did he think that because we were going to leave time for Chicago that milking the clock further wouldn't have done much? Did he think a 3 would really seal it? Did he think he was taking an OK shot?

It was a really strange decision.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Pistons have been woeful in late clock and end game situations. Players do not know time and score, they seem completely undisciplined and disorganized, and that all comes back to the coach.

Sure, Sheed is probably guilty of not knowing time and score, or maybe just taking a bizarre and reckless shot, but the sideline is supposed to make sure reckless shots don't happen by reinforcing a plan, and reminding of the circumstances.

Honestly, we could have 5 bowling pins on the sideline, and it would be the same outcome.

15. LA Dre

When you put it in perspective, almost any three point shot taken in crunch that misses could be considered a WTF are taking that shot for?

If it goes in and you win, you get a highfive and a highlight on ESPN or NBA TV...if it misses, then you are a goat for the rest of the night no matter whatever you did in the game prior to the shot.

Sheed seems to lose track sometimes and unconsiously takes a three that no one else out on the floor would take without thinking about it first. That ball in the hands of someone else may have been dribbled around for few wasted seconds, hurried a shot and we may have or may not have got the same result .....you now have to wonder what play was drawn up in the huddle and if Sheed was actually listening to it or joking with Red Kerr or Scottie at the broadcast table. :sssh:

16. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

This would have been a good post, but.....it's BARRY not BERRY.

Lay off the sauce, son.:tsk:

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

After thinking about it further, Sheed arguably did the right thing by shooting it so early in the clock (he just shouldn't have taken a bad shot). This may have been drawn up by MC, although I doubt he would think it through like this.

Since we were going to leave a substantial amount of time for them even if we milked the clock down to the end, we may as well have left > 24 seconds so that if we miss and they make, we will still have time left for ourselves.

This doesn't explain why Sheed would sprint out to the 3 point line like we were down 3, but it maybe explains why he was so quick to shoot.

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

They weren't leaders before. Why would we expect them to be now? The leader of the team is usually the PG because he has control of the flow, the game, and where the ball is going. Stuckey is showing that he's not ready to be that, and the coach isn't capable of being that so now we're left with a bunch of players just wandering around looking a little more shell-shocked after every embarrassing loss.

It doesn't look we practice at all. And if we do WTH are we practicing? b/c we look so disorganized.

edited to add;

One day Curry will learn that giving it to Sheed in the post is not a good end of game play.

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

PISTONS: Pistons 102, Bulls 107

Amir Johnson. :frusty: I'm so sick of these brilliant third quarters being wasted. The same thing happened in the Cavs game. Why can't Amir play in the 4th ever?

I'll give you a hint Rip it starts with Dye . . . and end with eed. And it's only a problem when it happens at the same time.

20. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Dyess and Sheed? I agree. With both points.