At Chicago Bulls Feb. 10th, 8:30 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 5, 2009.

1. max

max All-Star

The Bulls are not a good team though. Lets forget about giving up the 14 point lead. Up by 1 had a 2 for 1 with 46 secs left and what do we get out of it? A wild falling back 3 from Sheed in the corner with plenty of time left on the shot clock?

And all the basic things like taking care of the ball and having a plan A, B, C.. for situations as above.

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think you can attribute most of the mistakes to coaching. They don't look like they have any direction, but what i don't understand is how they don't seem to not know what to do in crunch time and the 1/2 court set w/o CB. I know he was valuable, but it shouldn't be this bad. It's not like Chauncey made the clutch shot in every game or even a majority of them. Is it really lack of "leadership"? because i don't understand how players that were almost always able to finish games have gone from not only not being able to close out, but inability to hold a 15 pt lead. Or is that a symptom of bad coaching as well ?

Also that shot by Sheed was terrible. And is Curry going to continue to watch a player get abused for 5 min before he makes a sub ?
    Thank You. IT HAPPENS NEARLY EVERYTIME. What is the point of him being on the sidelines ? I could sit there and watch too.

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah it's not like we were up 9 against the Spurs and game 7 and lost...
    and it's not like we were up 10 in the 4th against Boston in game 6 and lost...
    and it's not like we were way up against cleveland before lebron scored 25 straight and lost...

why are people blaming curry for this loss when we played awful in the 4th? geezus, you're all jumping from one escapegoat to the next. besides, that was some HORRENDOUS officiating...the # of touch fouls chicago got which led to the bonus and extra FTs compared to the pistons getting hammered in the paint without a single call was felonious.

why not blame sheed for taking that shot with FOURTEEN SECONDS left on the shot clock. he just screwed this up a couple games ago too!! he took a ridiculous 3 and even though he made it, it hurt us more because it gave them time to come back. let's be a little more appropriate with our assigning of blame here.

4. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

Wishful thinking. Can't guarantee a big name star would sign with Detroit. Esp after the core has been exposed. LB is what we need..

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You can't take 3 examples and ignore every game we won for the last 3-4 seasons. This team has no idea what to do in the half-court to close out nor do they seem to have any go to plays anymore. It doesn't even have to be a symptom of CB specifically, it could be partly a lack of PG. People underestimate the importance of one and the ability of them to control the game. Look at ATL and Bibby who's not even that great anymore or Miller and PHI.
    ---------

We wouldn't have been in that position had it not been for the coaching.

6. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I'm being abrasive for a moment.

Based on what? Since 2005, based on what? Are we going to get a Flip Jr.? A Theo? A C-Webb? A Naz? A paper tiger/puppet/imbecile head coach? Amir and Max had great value once. Now nobody outside of Detroit cares about Amir Johnson. There's a reason that he was a nobody when he was drafted, but for a short amount of time people were fooled.

His all-mighty patience. Right...

Two years ago Bulls fans thought Paxson was a God as well.

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No Piston team with any pride blows 15 point lead in the 4th qtr and lets a struggling team finish you off with 17-2 run to close the game over the last 3:34 of a game...

Well maybe this one as they don't seem to have any pride lately. This was supposed to be one of the winnable road games despite their other issues.

Rip's 30 off the bench is wasted again.

Bulls score 30 pts in the first qtr and a whopping 36 in the 4th. Can't blame this in AI's defense since he didn't play. I am out of town so I had to watch a delayed by 2 minutes turkish broadcast, so I could not get the gist of what was going on in the 4th, but I will take the easy way out and blame it on Curry. We will probably lose to the Hawks tomorrow and go into the break on 3 game losing streak....if that isn't cause to make a change (curry) or trade, then Joe needs to step down himself.

I know this is a supposed to be rebuilding year, but I didn't pay my league pass in advance for crappy play like this. :gaah:

Ok I have vented....just say GO to MC

8. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

C'mon man the guy has given us 6 straight eastern conf. finals and a championship. I understand that we are not very good right now however we have been very good for a very long time. I know things look bleak right now but unless you are San Antone every team is going to go through rough spots in order to compete eventually. If you can name one guy out there right now who can do a better job then Joe has than I want to hear that name. If you cant, stop bashing the guy who has made this team relevant for a long time. Lets please look at the big picture and stop being so emotionall.

9. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

Eh, Joe D? Well trusting MC with the keys to the car has turned out to be a bad idea but the AI trade still is what is getting me through with this team. We we're declining before this season and changes had to be made. I think we should be able to return to the top of the pack in two years time but without some kind of blockbuster trade (i.e. Boston's KG/RA pickup) I think most of us, myself included, were setting expectations way too high.

2004 has long since past and there was not much left in this team that had the necessary drive or CHEMISTRY to be an elite squad.

My advice to MC, Joe D. and Bill Davidson: PLAY THE ALL THE YOUNGINS IN THE STARTING LINEUP FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. SEE WHAT PIECES WE CAN USE IN THE REBUILDING PROCESS AND WHICH ONES WE WANT TO LET GO. TANK -> LOTTERY -> DRAFT CENTER -> GET PF IN 2010 (I.E. BOSH) -> GO FOR 'SHIP IN '10-'11 SEASON -> IF FAIL . . . RINSE, WASH, AND REPEAT!!!!!!!

10. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hermann's 15 second mario didn't help and that off balance shot by from the corner by Rasheed wasn't too bright a move. That last pass by Rip was either a bad one or just bad hands by Dyess. :gaah:

New coach and a real PG would help... a little.

11. The Palace Artest

Sure. He does get credit for putting together the core from 20?1-2004. But since then (going along with my other post), what has he done to push us over? The answer is nothing.

I really wanna know what's made him an upper echelon executive since LB's departure. He's been above average, and has done a good job at keep the operating costs down.

12. explosivity

Name 2 teams in the past 6 years who has done better than us in overall win percentage and titles won. The proof is in the putting my friend. I want to hear them. One bad year out of 7 is not a tradegy. Dont tell me you are jumping off the bandwagon already oh fairweather fan.

13. The Palace Artest

BS.

Since 2005, what net positive moves has he made? Other than drafting one guy at 15 who was caught a couple picks under the radar.

14. explosivity

I wanna hear who you propose to take over for joe d. I want to hear the name. Otherwise just relax and enjoy the season if you can.

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's not worth getting angry over.

16. explosivity

I dont look at moves per se, I look at results and Joe has gotten those. I still want to hear those teams that are better and the guy to replace Joe D. I'm waiting.

17. The Palace Artest

Nobody is going to replace him, but let's pull the wool out from over our eyes and stop acting like this is all part of some master plan.

He has no clue who is going to want to come here in 2010. Maybe Steve Nash, if he's not playing with Lebron. Which is why he needs to flip it on this Amare trade right now.

EDIT: Buford for the Spurs, no questions asked. Kupchak. Pritch (POR). Danny Ferry (whose only large blunder was Larry Hughes, but he's made it up with Mo Williams and the trade he pulled last year). I won't count Ainge, who just got really lucky in the summer of 2007. Oh, don't forget Otis. There are your names.

I'm not calling Joe an idiot like Wallace or Kerr. But since 2005, he's not been all that. Not by a long shot.

18. linwood

linwood All-Star

Wow. Be careful what you wish for.

19. max

max All-Star

Thats borderline cruel to keep bringing up CB after a game like that.

20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thats it. Curry has to be fired. Until this point, I have given a benefit of a doubt. Not anymore. He simply can not see what is going on in front of him. He has no clue. Next coach. Now. Curry is a hopeless case.

The pairing of Dyess and Sheed is a travesty. An injustice perpetrated on us loyal fans. The two in together represent zero D around the basket, and Curry just can't see it. And I got to say, Kudos to Blaha for not cheering on such nonsense. In contrast, Kelser is actually wanting to see the two paired more. At least that is what he says. Somebody is probably feeding him the company line on this. Its embarrassing. It stinks. I really hate seeing Kelser buying into it. Yeah, even Blaha is going along with the charade somewhat. Nope, you can't paint what Curry put out tonight. It stinks.

Offensively, we did plenty. Stuck to the rack. Sheed lots of close in shots made. Rip with his shot on most of the night. And defensively? Night and day, depending for the most part on one thing - was Dyess in the game. Dyess, a player who fit this game not one bit. Can anyone out there among you fans tell me who Dyess could guard in this one? Still, he did not do that bad as a center. But when paired with Sheed, making him the power forward - disaster. Utter disaster. Chicago took advantage. Darn good coaching job by Chicago, although it would pretty much take a moron not to take advantage of the open door Curry put up around the basket. And he even put up signs - score here - no defense being played - please remember to say thanks as you dunk the ball thru the net.

Afflalo started in place of AI who has the flu. We started out up about 14-5. Some pretty darn good defense being played. Sheed got 2 fouls. Amir and Afflalo were taken out as a pair. And a fine defensive quarter turned into a 30 point quarter for Chicago.

Yes, Curry can't be faulted for all the turns we had. It seemed Stuckey in particular could not do anything right sometimes in the ball handling department. Even the last chance we had - Rip passes off the hands of Dyess. But you know what, players make mistakes. Shots do not always fall. It is still the coaches fault if you lose, and the coach chose not to play any defense for the last 6 minutes of the game. Yes, the complete non-factor pair, Dyess and Sheed, were in for those last 6 minutes. For no reason at all, except we have a coach who does not know a thing about coaching. Not a thing about winning. He needs to go.

JMAX and Amir played a lot of good D, plenty of offensive rebounds - which we converted into plenty of points. Amir got his fourth foul on an obviously horrendous call against him where the other player thru a shoulder into him hard.

Afflalo started the first half only. Played good D. Hit his first outside shot taken.

Tay had a fine shooting game. Good D. But he is helpless to counter Curry's craziness. Curry actually thinks Sheed and Dyess should start for us later in the season. To make it clear, no, they should never play on the floor together. Pretty much never, ever, ever. Never.

Bynum got about 6 minutes to start the 4th quarter. Good job. Got inside on them once or twice.

Rip just kept hitting the shots. About a point a minute while in. But for long stretches in that 3rd quarter, we were going to Sheed inside, and Rip was not needed out there. Most likely, we would have been better served having Rip come off the bench. Why change anything if he is getting this good for us coming off the bench? (And of course, Kelser signed right on.)

Just to sum it up. Curry ruined an otherwise decent coaching job by overplaying the Dyess / Sheed pair in the 2nd half. And really, if Sheed had not gotten into early foul trouble, I bet Curry would have used this nonsensical combination even a lot more.

Somebody in the Pistons organization please watch some game film from the last several games, note how the other teams just love seeing us go to Dyess / Sheed. See how they come like hungry sharks to blood to the hoop whenever they see we choose not to defend the basket. Then fire Curry. Cause guess what - if the coach can't see what is happening out there, he is quite worthless.