At Charlotte Nov. 3rd, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 2, 2008.

1. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Faygo Pops are the best.

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I think those words are spoken everywhere my friend!!!!!!!!!:fingerscr

3. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

No Chat? I was hoping to chat while watching LB coach and our interesting starting five for tonight!

P.S. Why do we have four pages of posts in this game thread before the game even starts?
    I'm confused. So confused. LOL.

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Cloud and me were doing some pointless arguing, Sorry. LOL

I think it's safe to say that Amir is that important to our defense. Sheed sat down and the defense still held it's own. Granted it's the Bobcats, but hey who really cares.

5. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

i'm just getting home. overload of news. AI...and will bynum tearing up the court!?!?
    can't process this all with the election tomorrow...to much

6. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

Hahaha, Will Bynum is awesome.

Walter Sharpe's first NBA points put a smile on my face. Good game, I love when Sheed gets pumped up.

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Great win tonight. The Bobcats were terrible for most of the game, except for the second quarter and a few minutes in the third, but more balanced production from the Pistons got it done. Sheed and Rip stepped it up, Amir was crashing the offensive glass, Kwame hit the boards big-time on both ends, and Bynum was THE MAN in the 4th quarter when the Bobcats tried to climb back into it.

The one stat that jumps out at me from the two games I've seen is the lopsided FT numbers, in a bad way. Other teams seem to be parading to the line. Tonight, the foul totals were 22 for the Pistons and 17 for Charlotte, but somehow the Bobcats had a gigantic 35-11 disparity in FT attempts. Even when the fouls aren't all going against them, the Pistons aren't getting to the line much, while the other team camps out there. That's not going to work against the better teams.

Hopefully the arrival of a certain guard known for drawing tons of fouls will help in that department, but there probably has to be an improvement on defense as well, as far as not giving up so many opportunities to the other team that result in fouls.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

"Nice game"..said Chauncey as he watched from his TV at his folks home in Denver...

Once again, Pistons shot at least 50% from the floor and a bench player (Will Bynum) turns out to be the playa of the game. 36 points from the bench tonight as everyone scored and MC continues to prove that Flip didn't have a clue on how to use his non starters.

Pistons also shoot 50% from beyond the arc and cut the TO's into single digits with only 8.

I don't recall seeing Rip or Stuckey in the 4th quarter at all...but Rip still managed to get off 18 shots in his 29 minutes. That will probably drop to 14 when AI decides it his team..:bow1:

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Don't be so sure. Rip's scrappy. He won't give up the ball that easily. And I think he could take AI. He could at least scratch him to death.

edited to add;

I like MC finally standing up. The sitting was really starting to irritate me.

10. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

errr "to much" = "too much". i do know my grammar. just not with this much going on!!

11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I'm anxiously waiting for the upcoming "I told you Will Bynum was a hidden jewel" post that should be coming up soon. :lecturer:

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Great game, very few post game posts though. Typical PR style, had we lost w/out CB, there would be 2000 posts already. Dre said it best MC is proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that Flip had no idea how to use our versatility and depth. This team is DEEEEP!!!!! Can't wait for AI to land with the team (EXCELLENT MOVE JOE!!!), the team's intensity will definitely go up in a big way.

Great game, great balance, this team is playing as poorly as we are going to see them play this year; as Stuckey, Amir, Kwame and AA progress through the year....OMG WATCH OUT!!!!! Curry distributes mins like a coach trying to develop a team to win in the NBA Finals, not win the Central Division as a result of having a really good regular season win tally.

13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

TaShawn pointed out in another thread that Rip had 0 turnovers tonight, which I hadn't noticed until he mentioned it. That's certainly a good thing to see after he turned it over a bunch of times in the first two games.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

From what I saw of the game (about 60%), the Pistons look like they are just balling now.

Up and down, the sets look much more bread and butter basic. There was always a chaotic drop off when CB wasn't on the floor to execute Flip's sets. And I think that unpredictability was the undoing of the team under Flip and CB in the end.

I'm anxious for the next podshow. Brother KG, I know you know how to use a phone (WDFN), you should hook up with us postgame Weds.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm impressed with Kwame. So far, he's shown that he can get boards, put the ball on the floor, make surprisingly good passes at times, and he's even looked OK in the post.

The finishing has been a little weak, but tonight he got some great looks.

Bynum- this was really the first time we've seen him in a real situation. His strength seems to be that he has a very unusual combination of shortness/ quickness and hops. There are a lot of little guys that can burn a defender, but he was elevating and finishing when others wouldn't have. It didn't look like a fluke. His D was tenacious as advertised, but it didn't result in a bunch of takaways. Maybe paired up with AI or AA it would.

Amir- hoping we will get this exact game from him on a consistent basis.

Sharpe sent a wake-up call to the league. Now he and Amir have something in common with their first NBA buckets being impressive jams.

Herrmann- that behind the back wrap around pass was pretty snazzy.

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Will do, the election has me pretty busy right now, in 2 days I will be screaming, TGIW!!!!

17. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Remember me telling you guys after I went to see the Wizards and Pistons play in preseason, I raved about Will Bynum who was the playa of the game.

The guy is small as heck, but he is relentless with serious hops and in your face defense.

You will see more of Will this season, betcha.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That sort of rings a bell now that you mention it. Maybe your scouting abilities are for real. I just figured he would be another Blalock.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It's yo' world girl, we just squirrels trying to get a nut!!!!

20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sad to see Billups go. Glad to see us not march Dyess out there, regardless of whether he fit the game at hand. Looking forward to see what AI can do for us, at point. Meanwhile, we had to play a game without Dyess and Billups, and with AI not with the team yet. AI will be with the team for Wednesday's game. I bet viewership is way, way up for that one.

Where to start. Defense. The defense in much of the game was astounding. We started out up 23-11, and had an even better stretch in the 3rd quarter. We did give up 29 points in the 2nd quarter, as Herrmann played all that quarter. Herrmann playing defense means he slowly wobbles back and forth in a tiny little area, seeming to respond to the plays somewhat. But never moving from his tiny little area. Once in a while, someone makes a move around him, and Herrmann still does not do much in response. About, well, no, absolutely the slowest response time in the NBA today. But at least that is now all we have for real slow players on the team, as Dyess got traded. (Although to be fair, Dyess just lacked lateral movement)

The rest of the team was pretty awesome on D. Stuckey really seemed in the groove on D tonight. Kwame, who got to play more, led us in rebounding, and played good active D, although he did seem a bit tight his first few minutes. Kwame is showing some fine footwork on O too, but not following it up with actual baskets made. Maybe its nerves.

Afflalo put a cramp in Charlotte's offense, but did poor on shooting.

Bynum defended well, and stole the show with his offense. He hit a jumper or two and got to the hoop a few times.

Rip. Did not pay much attention to his D really. He made a bunch of shots. Got to love the dependability.

Amir, as always, was very active on D, and managed to do a dozen points worth of scoring for us. He ended up with 4 fouls, the 4th being a minute before the 3rd quarter ended.

Maxiell did a lot of damage inside, made a jumper late in the game that did not mean much, and for the 3rd game in a row, did not miss a free throw. He is looking quite confindent at the line.

I did not pay that much attention to it, but it did seem the ball was pushed up the floor a bit better tonight. Have to review that a bit further next time I watch this game. How much of that scoring by Amir was off this?

Yeah, the move by Sharpe was pretty awesome. He drove in from the right, took the baseline, reverse jammed it. Sharpe played the last two minutes of garbage time. Since it was a three for one trade, I imagine Acker will be the only guy who does not dress now. (Though I would take Acker over Herrmann. Acker can't defend well either, but at least he is very active on D, rotating pretty well.)

Tay knocked down some shots. He was the only starter out there for much of the 4th quarter, if not all of it. I would guess that Tay was the most plus Piston for the game.

Sheed, as always, did a whole lot on D, and seemed to have plenty of energy to provide the O too. Something about having Amir Johnson in there to do his share of the work. Sheed must love not working alone anymore, working his arse off to make up for other people not doing their job, and getting blamed for not doing enough. Sheed was doing plenty, always; but you had to look at the ground he was covering on defense to understand where the effort was. Sheed has not changed. He just has help now.