at Charlotte Bobcats Tuesday December 22 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

One hall of fame coach vs. a rookie coach who does not know what he is doing. No way Charlotte is good enough to beat us without our coach making some really bad decisions. The only good news is that he actually let his team try a comeback with decent players in at the end. (Although, Bynum is still injured, that last unit was about the only time in the game we had a decent unit out there.

Atkins continues to start, and the team continues to look more and more like strangers by the day. Atkins is no point guard, but Kuester would not know. He does seem to figure things out like a month late; when is he going to realize that playing a 5-8 point guard who can't defend but just a very small percentage of NBA players, and who is just a shooting guard born into too small a body for the NBA, and who is aging, is not the way to go. Its not like Atkins is going to "develop" from these minutes. I admire all the work Atkins puts into his game - but its a losing battle. Please Kuester, get a clue and go in another direction.

Then you got the Kwame situation. Kwame barely played tonight, but it did not help us any we fell 10 more back in his few minutes of play. Inexcusable to sit Wilcox the last few games. No, no, no, Kwame does not have to do well for us for us to do well. Kwame mainly needs to sit out of the way, and the team will then do just fine.

Next, you got the CV problem. Darn right CV, you were quite right in your interview the value to your team when you can't move out there. Its zero. Absolute zero. And this non-sense whoever created about us needing you? Look, Ben Wallace nor Maxiell played much in this game, and Wilcox did not play in the first half. The Pistons have plenty of guys who can play basketball. Get healthy, that is how you indeed can help the team. As for Ben Wallace insuating guys got to play thru things, that is the mistake he chose over and over for his career. Its wrong for him, and wrong for anyone else who needs to stay out of the game to get healthy. If the team is truly banged up - there is this little known secret that you can sign another player to the team. 10 day contract. But hey, the Pistons have not had a single game this year where they were short handed. Just a coach who failed to play the players he had available.

Now, as someone mentioned, Wilcox did good. You zing the ball toward the basket, and Wilcox smoothly gathers it in and puts the ball in the bucket. You get the ball to Wilcox near the basket, and he scores it. And he hit a jumper, and I think a putback? Did not miss a shot. But I digress. I meant to say so what, Kuester is likely to sit Wilcox out the next several games and continue this continually failing experiment with Kwame getting regular rotation minutes.

Good things. Our 3 rookies all got some good minutes. And this losing streak is in the midst of a stretch of mostly road games. The schedule will even out, and we will win some. Guys will get healthy again.

Bad things. So lets say someone does get healthy. We have a rookie coach who can not control what occurs in a game. Whoever comes back will just go out injured shortly there after by being overplayed. Pretty much inevitable. At this point, what Kuester says is meaningless until he proves he can actually carry out a plan while the game is going on.

Stuckey was pretty steady on his jumpers, about the most entertainment we all can take from this one.
  2. pistonsin6

pistonsin6 First Round Draft Pick

I don't see how Qster takes much blame. Pistons don't have any real talent out there. Aside from Stuckey and Wallace its guys who are bench caliber and guys who shouldnt be part of the regular rotation. Charlotte (and just about any team in the league) should be able to beat these Pistons quite handily
  3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Yea, the Pistons have over-achieved in stretches this year. The 5 game winning streak in particular, and that got expectations a little out of whack considering all of these injuries. New Jersey is probably the only team in the league that doesn't have a sizable talent advantage over the lineup Kuester is able to put on the floor at the moment.

Now CV is hurt, Bynum seems to be banged up, Big Ben has come back down to earth, as has Jonas to some extent. With Stuckey as the only consistent threat, we're not going to win many games. Especially w/all these road games. There isn't much Q can do at this point.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would probably rate Stephen Jackson and Gerald Wallace ahead of any of our Pistons (that currently play) as well as their coach (:)) so you may be right there..
  5. LA Dre

There was some false sense that we can do this after the five game win streak, but that has come crashing back to earth during the last five games.

At 11-17 , you can speculate that we would be maybe 17-11 if everyone had been healthy for every game and probably Summers would not have even dressed yet and JJ and Daye would be getting a combined 10 minutes a game.

If no one else gets hurt, we still would probably have to wait until mid January before everyone with the exception Tay is back. At that point we would have to evaluate Kuester on what he does going forward from there.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I thought I voted not to tank.........

Watching Nazr and Stephen Graham play I see what everyone means about the Pistons front court not being good enough.

I wonder how many times Joe has thought about firing Kuester?

Pistons need a tomato can to get off the snide.

How long before we're reading an article about how Ben Gordon's ankle sprain is the worst Arnie Kander ever saw?
  7. LA Dre

Sorry we don't play the Nets until February and by the time we play the Bulls on New Years Eve, their coach will porbably be fired and they will probably be playing better for the new coach. Let's hope by then that at least Bengo is back.
  8. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

As I said a few games back, without the key scorers, this team has hit a wall. No way it can score enough by NBA standards. The rookies are on and off as rookies are but yes, play them but somebody teach them not to reach on defense. Amir all over again.

Ok, let Wilcox play. He looked fine. Bynum, please stop shooting jumpers. When was the last time Bynum hit a jumper???

CV sit until ready.

Stuckey is getting better...
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It's all been said. We are what we are, back to reality. My biggest issues:
    • Our Rookies play shorter than they are. They're 6'10", 6'11", and 6'8, but they all play like they're 6'4". I don't expect them to beast cats out there, but I'd like to see them get up a little more on their shot attempts.
    • Kwame
    • Maxiel
    Kwame and Maxiel are $9.1M worth of scrub; at least Kwame expires.
    Well other than that, we just need to get healthy to havae a chance at winning some ball games.

Lastly, as crazy as it may seem, the injuries are actually helping us, injuries allowed SanAnton to get Tim Duncan, injuries allowed Orl to get DHoward. Injuries allow a team to tank without actually tanking.
  10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

The Bulls are in a mess and Vinny has tuned them out. They don't have a Q on their coaching bench and a quality coach won't take on this mid-term headache. Cheap coaches are like invisible ink to cheap GMs, but it will catch up to you.

I don't why starting Noah, Deng_Gibson (switching between the 4 position), Rose and Salmon don't produce more.

Even if we are down the magic number of 35 in the second half, we should be able to win in a Bull-out.
  11. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not agree with some comments here..

It's not Kuester fault.. And it's not Stuckey's or any player either..

It's just bad luck.. I mean..

If the Lakers got Bryant, Gasol and Odom injured.. they probably won't be first in the West.

If Denver got Billups and Carmelo Injured.. they probably will be struggling for an 7th or 8th seed..

DETROIT GOT HAMILTON AND BG (TOP SCORERS) INJURED!!!.. And one of our best defensive players injured too!!

Imagine ani other team in the NBA with his 2 top scorers injured and without a true point guard and without a young big man.. now tell me. Do you imagine this team winning?

Come on..

Be patience, Don't blame anyone.