at Charlotte Bobcats Monday December 27 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He was given the starting point guard spot on an NBA team. He was given four guys who can straight-up shoot the ball - Hamilton, Gordon, Prince, and CV. He's been given consistent minutes. Sounds pretty good to me.

I don't have any notion what will happen to the kid next year - I'd like to see him stay here and succeed, but whatever it is, it will never be the case that he wasn't given opportunities that most players never see. Most players would love to be handled so badly.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Player by player. Wilcox. Cold after not playing for a few games. But in the 2nd half, he did quite well the team almost came all the way back.

Gordon, hitting a lot of shots this game - but missed a couple of 3's that could have tied it and sent it to OT.

Villanueva. Hitting everything. 5 of 5 on 3's. Deadly a bit closer in.

JMAX. Played only in the 2nd quarter where disaster struck.

TMAC, played only in the 2nd quarter where disaster struck. He had played a bunch of minutes the night before - and he came on to start the 2nd quarter probably already tired.

Stuckey. Ok first quarter. But he was brought back in to start the 2nd with little rest - plus he had already played the night before.

Bynum. The guy supposedly out of the rotation. He was brought on early in the 2nd quarter - and made a good start by the Bobcats into total disaster. Not much better in the 2nd half really - but he was out there during our run so the coach probably feels justified in playing this guy who is supposedly out of the rotation.

Rip. Part of the 2nd quarter disaster, part of the 4th quarter comeback. Part of small ball in that 4th quarter, playing as the small forward with Bynum and Gordon in the backcourt. (Wilcox and CV up front.)

Ben Wallace. Used sparingly in this game.

Monroe. On early in the 1st quarter. After Charlotte got off to a hot start in the 2nd quarter - the first thing the coach did was pull Monroe out of the game. Monroe was not the problem. Coach likes to pick on young players.

Daye. Daye was thrown in, cold, in that 2nd quarter. Did not help much at first but by the end of the quarter his energy had stemmed the bleeding. Of course, no Daye in the 2nd half. Rewarding a guy for good play is not in Kuester's idea catalog.

Summers, not dressed. Which is a shame because we needed a bit more defense in that 2nd quarter.

So, with our "shortened" rotation, how many players played: Stuckey, Bynum, TMAC at point, Rip, Gordon at shooting guard, Tay, Daye at small forward, Monroe, CV at power forward, Wallace, JMAX, Wilcox at center.

12 guys.

How many played in some kind of logical way. You know, like a planned out rotation. Starters getting rested by subs, then coming back in later. Guys who have seen the floor the past week coming in as subs. Both halves same position for a player.

This leaves out Bynum, who was apparently not in the game plan. It leaves out Monroe, TMAC, JMAX, and Daye, who only played in one half. It leaves out Wilcox, who was not played lately before this game. It double leaves out Daye who has been totally iced prior to this game.

It leaves out Prince - cause he did not get rested in the 2nd half - he got taken out of the game almost entirely in favor of small ball in that 4th quarter.

It leaves out Stuckey for sure, who did not come back into the game in the 4th quarter.

It leaves out Rip, who became the small forward in the 2nd half.

It leaves out Wallace, who only made cameo appearances in each half.

Our two most effective players for the game, Gordon and CV, did start, get rested, and come back and play the same position - in both halves.

Two out of 10 players. Could be we need a coach with a plan.

Planning to cut the rotation down is a bad plan. Keep your players involved, ready to play. This entails planning to play them in games, rather than think of excuses not to play them.

On back to backs - plan to use even more players. Playing tired players don't get it.
  3. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

A little too early to write of Perry Jones, Terrence Jones, and possibly Jonas Valanciunas and Enes Kanter. Even then, that's a massive talent upgrade.

I really don't see how Ben Gordon plays into our future other than being an overpaid 3rd guard.
  4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I honestly thought Daye was outplaying most of our starters early in the season. right up until he was pulled from the lineup and handed a bunch of dnp cds. This kid was ballin with confidence, mind you his defense wasnt top notch he was getting better. Then the coach seemed to yank the rug out from under him and his confidence now seems shot. So I personally blame the coach and the coach alone for destroyin any rythm the kid had and I hope he can regain some of his confidence. Summers is another one that every time he has gone into the game he has managed to bang in some shots and make me wonder why he doesnt get more burn. I have come to the conclusion that Joe D is deliberately trying to tank and tank huge, why else leave this drooling lobotomy recipient in charge? he has no rhyme or reason to any moves he makes. He is destroying any sense of cohesion this team begins to show, and he has yet to do anything but destroy any and all developement by our youngs.
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Lee...I thought you retired from Leecaps.

I agree with Copper on Daye. He was playing well enough early in the season and now he has to take a back seat to guys who aren't part of the future of this team....and that's what we are playing for, the future.
  6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

hmmm, so your idea of straight up shooters is different than mine I guess. while Gordon and CV can get hot they are streaky shooters and have been very cold in spells:cold:. Hamilton used to be a straight up shooter, before his love interest was traded to denver:yellowprison:. Now he is a shell of his former self. and Tay? mr pump fake? how many times does he get the ball wide open and pump fake to a defender that isnt even close to him? then take his 7 second back up dribble? into a turnaround fade away, or hook shot? good luck gettin an assist with that guy. We had a straight up shooter early on in the season with Daye, he spotted up near the 3 pt line and was hitting the 3 very well. but that just wasnt good for demolishion Dumars:gun1: and coach clueless.
  7. max

max All-Star

That's a good one. I am trying to think of a worse Piston coach and I really cannot think of any. Maybe Dick Vitale but he was before my time. During the 90's I cannot think of one worse.
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey played really bad last night (horribly in every facet of the game), but geez, you'd think he was the worst player on this team if you read this thread. I'm not sure there's another player who's bad performances get magnified more than when Stuckey does.
  9. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Shoot...you should have hit me up anyway...I was sitting at home with my dad...we could have popped in to see you.
  10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Rothstein,don chaney, curry are the first few that pop to mind, not all worse but defenitely in the same class of futilety
  11. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

1- Agree

2- Sadly, agree.

3- Agree

I'm agree with that too.. But Perry Jones is not doing SO SO SO great as almost every scout is writing about.. I mean.. Baylor is not going so well and his numbers neither.

I like the kid, don't get me wrong, I think he may be end up being the best in this 2011 Draft Class, but don't know if he is ready to jump on the NBA.. he seems to me like an Anthony Randolph.

And he is not a PF.. he is a SF as Terrence Jones is.

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Did anyone else notice last night that when Bad Back Wilcox went down at the end of the game that the entire team minus Ben Rape Us Again Gordon - who injured him - and Maxey ignored him?

I love seeing the chemistry staying strong despite the losing.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Kanter won't be eligible, and the Jones' are tweener forwards, as if we don't already have enough of them that don't play. Jonas V.......... I guess, another thin perimeter oriented PF is just what the doctor ordered around here.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

How much would you pay him next season? Are you ready to commit around 8,9,10 million $$$'s /yr on this guy? Because that's what he's going to be asking for. I wouldn't and that's why I say trade him now, use him to unload Rip and/or Max's contracts, we suck with or without him and he's never going to be the player we need him to be to take this team to the next level.
  15. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Kgreg,

I think you are calling it as you see it. I also see no player to build around. Sure, JJ will be back and Monroe might pan out two years down the line.

But if a good guard is available in the draft and not a good big, I would go after him and trade whoever to let him come in and start.

Encouraging is that CV can no longer be called a bust. His defense will probably always be a bit suspect, but he can be an asset on a good team.

I don't think Daye has shown he is ready. He is a good shooter but rather slow to let go of the ball--a problem in the NBA. He can not work his man down low despite his height. The jury is still out on him long term as well as short term.
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I worry that Joe D has some sort of attachment to Stuckey...
  17. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I'm pretty sure Enes Kanter is draft eligible, he'll be 19 by the draft. Perry and Terrence are more tweenish, true. Perry is intriguing because of his skillset, but not sure how it'll translate to an NBA position.

Plus I think you may be confused about Jonas. Here's some excerpts from his scouting report:

Plus size wise, he has the same measurements as Greg Monroe (6'11" 240lbs).

I agree with the franchise changing part, but I think we can get someone solid and maybe luck into a homerun. Or maybe I'm just grasping for hope.
  18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I think Stuckey is worth the 8-10 million if Hamilton/Gordon are making more than that, but he probably won't get that with the restructured CBA.

I don't want to go into next year with Will Bynum as our starting point guard. I say find a way to move at least 2 of Hamilton/Gordon/Maxiell and keep Stuckey.
  19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I had been staying at the Luxor since Saturday night, but was over my moms watching the game on my computer. My intent was to get back over to the Luxor to watch it at the Sports book, but once the disastrous second qtr was over I decided it was worth the traffic drive back over there.....so I continued to watch the comeback on my laptop....

Oh by the way, I checked out this morning and I am back home in Cali....will probably be back down there in the spring and will let you know in advance..
  20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I disagree with your assessment. I've been watching many games this season and I've seen Rip and Tay hit MANY catch-and-shoot jumpers, even 3 pointers. Most of those assists were either from each other, T-Mac or Gordon.