At Charlotte Bobcats Dec. 13th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 8, 2008.

1. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Not fair. Last year I saw Sheed at the head of the choking parade. I saw Chauncey not yet ready despite the Game 2, and he was getting schooled by Rondo. If you thought Amir was the missing piece to beating them, and that it was Flips fault for not playing fringe guys, then i dunno what to say. He would have gotten bullyed by Pierce, let alone Perkins and Powe, and KG would have schooled him.

Onto another point, maybe Boston was just better? Atlanta and Cleveland had the luxury of playing against Bizarro-Ray Allen.
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Not Amir being the missing piece. Arron/Amir/Max; the entire bench got shut out in the ECF's. AA has shown he can lock people down. There's no way anyone can tell me he would have not made a difference. Also it would be nice to be able to go with the line-up that was getting it done and have not so predictable rotations you could set a clock by.

With Flip you knew when the starters would come out, who off the bench would play Lmin, and when the starters would come back in.

Also you can argue that the team wasn't clutch but that to me is mental more than anything; beliveing in your game plan, beliveing in your coach, the system, etc.

Notice how Sheed has all of a sudden regained his clutchness this year.

And CB was injured that entire series.

I'm not absolving the players of blame, but that was not the reason the series was lost IMO.

We can agree to disagree though. I'm not sure anyone wants to get into another Flip argument.
  3. The Palace Artest

of course it was the players that blew the lead. but where's the accountability, here? why are you going to let these guys throw the game? A team of Bynum, Afflalo, Herrmann, Max, and (an eventually fouled out) Dice? Who the hell was going to create points?

It's your fault for putting in a team that is strategically unsound. This wasn't just a case of a familiar rotation having an awful night.

The guys who WON the game, never got a chance to seal the deal until they were knee-deep in crap. He thought he could play 12 minutes of garbage time.

And this "masterful brinkmanship" (and I understand your point) would be called by many forumers "panicking" and "twitching" by Flip if a large lead were to get down to 10 before he subbed in the starters. Curry's doesn't have the credentials to even think about toying around with teams, especially after just losing to three bad ones.

And this guy has the nerve to bark at reporters for questioning his coaching decisions, as if he didn't know that it's their job to do that. he has deflected blame from all directions.
  4. The Palace Artest

Oh we both know Flip was no angel. We learned that against Miami and Cleveland. But IMO Flip was FAR DOWN the pecking order in terms of who was to blame for last year's ECFs.

Like Game 3. That was the players. Not having the fire to come out in front of your home fans? Pitiful.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Oh, so AI is going to deep six our team? HA! This ain't Denver or Philly. Joe will shut him down the minute he becomes a problem. You ever see AI apologize publicly for missing practice like that before. Hell no.

Curry really doesn't appear to be very bright. Or maybe he is smarter than all of us.

But it doesn't matter what AI wants or gets. All that matters is that the team wins. And tonight they won, even if they gave up a big lead.

lol
  6. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I understand what you are saying and I take no offense to what you said. However, in the last 5 games that I've seen with him playing substantial minutes he has on various occasions committed numerous fouls in a short period of time. To me if you cant stay out on the floor long enough for your impact to be felt then you need to learn to stay out there long enough for you impact to be felt. That's why he is sitting next to MC and he has agreed with me. Contrary to popular opinion I trust his judgement more than anybody else in here, sorry.
  7. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

I'm tired of seeing us with big leads in the first half and when we come out into the second half we are inconsistent and playing no defense. I want Deee-troit Baaasketballll to be back when I see this club play. I'm happy to see that they won a game but they shouldn't have to put everything on the line to beat the Charlotte Bobcats. I was very happy to see how we were playing in the first half and I was really amazed how fluid we looked like everything was finally getting on track until I started seeing the "season woes" starting up in the second half. I'm still sitting back and waiting to see this team get it together.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Some post game stuff;

Pistons' near collapse leaves Curry in foul mood | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press
    Curry needs to learn how to deal with the media better. I feel like all we hear about is how Curry feels about this, that, etc. I'd rather hear the players talk.
  9. max

max All-Star

Unlike yesterdays game where you had to see it, this one can be analyed in the box score. Up and down + numbers for the starters and - ones for the bench guys. I think its safe to say that the bench did not have it this game. Even from the 1st to 2nd half where guys like AA were jekyl and hyde.

Unlike previous games - at least the starters did not give away the big lead and they were able to stablize a 1 point lead and come away with the victory thanks to Sheed.

Also should credit LB for finding a combo that gave the Pistons fits and sticking with it. Fine display of in game adjustments there.
  10. max

max All-Star

He was more critical than any of us - except for the doom and gloom about the season being over.
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Jeckyl and Hyde, hmm. Yep, Herrmann did not get to play in the first half. And by the way, the first 7 points off the lead went away with all the starters still in. (who should have been sitting anyway)
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good post. Absolutely, it does matter who the coach plays. It sure would be nice if Curry would look in the mirror first when looking for someone to blame. Playing Herrmann, a player who does not belong in the NBA, sure can make the people around him look bad.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's impossible, because we didn't lose the lead. What do I win?
  14. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Good win. Charlotte was disorganized early and that helped. I don't worry about this blown lead. A team gets on a roll when you think the game is over. It snowballs. One problem is though that we don't have a go to play or plays to score when things get tight. Is a Sheed three our bail-out play? And, we still must address making key stops. Not happening enough. But the blown lead this time is understandable.

Amir and Kwame are benched. Kwame missed many assignments apparantly. Curry is not afraid to pull people. Amir has shown some progress. But still, this is the second coach that has benched him. I think he will be back getting minutes but he has a long ways to go in terms of proving himself.

JMax has been a disappointment. He just doesn't have a great impact on a game. One game, the Cleveland game, he got out on the pick and roll and had an impact. Usually, he makes a play or two but that's it. His fall back jumper is an adventure. Sheed doesn't want to bang much. He is showing his age while he also shows he is still brilliant. To me, the personnel issue we have is with the bigs. Our top bigs are aging and our young bigs our not showing enough.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Man it's tough to feel good about this team. I ain't trippin over this though. These things happen in the NBA. I feel much better about this game then last nights disaster.

Any chance the team got depressed at that thought of how good their team could be with an animal like Okafor on it? If they waive Sheed do they still get his cap space? He might not recover from his night against the young lion and it seems kind of senseless for him to take up a roster spot.

I am sorry, but if you're 5'9 and getting stripped on your dribble it might be time to go.

Sean Williams, Sheed, AI all on the same team? Anyone smell something burning?

Good help D tonight for one of the rare times this year.

DET's offense is still way too East and West rather than North and South. This would solve so many problems for them. The Griever kind of symbolizes their offense. They make a big production so he can take a 22' J at the end.

Can they bring Trent Plaisted over to help with the P & R D? I wish I were kidding.

Let's see some consistency that they can hang their hat on the next 10 games.
  16. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

From this time i also want AI play like hisself or don't want him to play.Because i can see now pistons can't get a championship.I pray your Joe D shut down AI :)
  17. max

max All-Star

I think that was the whole point of moving him to SG.

Lee - I am starting to get the feeling that you may not like Herman.
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I missed the game as I was hanging out with the old ball and chain, :ballchainand I forgot to DVR it. However I was monitoring the score on my Blackberry and figured that a victory was a forgone conclusion when I saw that the Pistons were leading 85-68 with a little less than 7 minutes to go.

I got in my car & tuned into ESPN Radio highlights only to hear the announcer say that the Pistons were holding on to a 4 point lead with 10 seconds left....:gaah:WTF!! I almost flipped my SUV:yell:

I saw the highlights and the lowlights and read the posts and was wondering did LB have the start of the game delayed and the 4th quarter started after midnight (Sunday blues)

I am telling you-all, if the Pistons would have lost that game, MR D would have fired Curry and Joe!! I read MC's post game comments, and true he should not had to have brought in the starters, but what did they do to stop the bleeding run? OK well a 3 ball that fell, but still If MC, Darrell Walker, and Dave Cowens (with nice defensive resumes) can't teach defense, then we not only do we need to trade for some players that play it, but we to switch to some coaches that know how enforce it. :idea:

Looks like the Pistons loss 13 points during the 3:40 minutes Herrman was on the floor in the 4th, so can we end this experiment and maybe try Walter Sharpe for a couple games before going back to Kwame and Amir...:confused:

If MC is not going to play Amir, I am thinking that he may be on his way out in some package deal and they don't want him to get injured...(Ok it's late so I am rambling here)

Three straight games, no Amir, No Kwame and our designated hot scorer was no where to be seen on the floor in the 4th. (which means in this case, they could not trade hoops to maintain the cushion..)

Speaking of ending an experiment, how about the three guards with Tay and Sheed deal....two games in a row the guards are scoring and the Tay and Sheed are throwing up bricks..but thanks for a key three by Sheed at the end of both games to keep Curry's job:MusicBigGrin:
  19. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

I agree with that. Although being up that many points you still need someone who is able to score or/and lead out there.
    But on the otherhand this second unit should be able to keep atleast half of the lead.

Curry has a habbit of letting players experiencing stress situations to prepare them for future times (PO's) and let them try to dig out the hole they themselves created.
    This game though he should have brought back some starters a little bit sooner though so it stayed a 10-15 point game.
    Getting under 10 just gives the other team hope (same as Pistons in NY the other night)

I am just happy with the win and hopefully they continue to improve. Atleast the team is looking better.
  20. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

Nevermind that, just read:
    Stuckey and Tayshaun Prince re-entered the game with 5:32 left and the lead still at 13