At Boston Nov 20 8PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Last year we won a lot of regular season games but couldn't get past Boston. So far this season, we've won a good share of games and still can't get past Boston. We are a different team now and they need time to work out the bugs. But the NBA Finals MUST be the goal, so we need to take care of this Boston thing. Anything less is...well Flipesque...:gaah:

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

How about the game before that? The exact same thing happened at home. MINN is playing BOS tougher than we did.

At least Curry called the team soft. Someone needed to say it.

3. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

Scream with me: "WAL-TER HERR-MANN".

;____;

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Pistons have no answer | The Detroit News | detnews.com

Billups returns as a Nugget - The Boston Globe

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I still blame every loss on not having LB.

I guess I'm living in the past.

6. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

^ (in response to the quotes) i think the Pistons need to read that. i like that Pierce and Garnett are telling it like they see it.

either MAKE Iverson fit the Pistons mold (can't and will never happen), or you take off the shackles and let him be him. like he was against LA. like he was against Cleveland. i say "what the hell? he's a one year gamble. why not let Iverson lead the show on offense?"

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No matter how good or bad we are doing, we will still be patting ourselves on the back on Christmas Day when the 27 and 1 Lakers suffer their second loss of the season to the Celtics ;):thumb:

8. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Agree, they do not seem to know what to do, but boston's defense is great, but i can't stand them. hate everything boston.

And yes, I dvr'd the game because i had parent/teacher conferences.

9. max

max All-Star

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Do you really want me to have to look through my post history and pull my posts about him? I have written plenty of positive things about him. If you haven't noticed i criticize everybody; if every time i write something negative about a player means i hate them/want them traded, our team would consist of Arnie Kander, and Mike Abdenour.

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I still blame all the losses on M. Curry.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I have been reading a lot of negativity about the Boston game. However, in rewatching the game, what do I see? Same thing I saw the first time. After 1 quarter, tie game. Midway thru the 2nd quarter, just 4 points behind - and this despite Stuckey having a truly miserable game.

Then Stuckey stays in, just because Curry wants Stuckey to get the mintutes. And Afflalo sits. Wam, two straight triples by House. Boston regained all the momentum and never relinquished it.

Other bad things: Small ball. Much of the 2nd quarter with just Maxiell in as a big, letting them push us around with Powe and Big Baby in the game while their starters get a good long rest.

In short, yes we match up with Boston just fine - if only the coach cared to match up with them. We have no need at all to go small against Boston.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Afflalo has been playing extremely well. Even his shooting has gotten better.

14. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I agree Max I cant stand when people waffle. I'm not pointing to anyone specifically but if you are going to be bash someone keep bashing them because that is the stance you have officially taken. I really dislike when people have no conviction, when things are not going well they throw you under the bus, but when they do well they are the first to sing you praise. George W has more conviction than that and I dislike that guy. Is there such a thing as having integrity as a fan. Again, I'm not pointing to anyone specifically I just wish the WAFFLING would be kept down to a minnimum. Makes me sick to my stomach.

15. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i actually agree with you here. going small against cleveland worked great, but boston is a different team. i'm glad we tried it out now and found it might not work so well against boston, because that's one less thing to 'try' during the playoffs and hope it has good results.

as you saw in the first few minutes of the game, we are completely capable of scoring on boston, but i still think AI is best off the ball. rondo is just so quick that he defends AI very well when he has the ball at the top of the key.

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thread closed. Posts are starting to get too personal again.

17. roscoe36

On second thought, let's leave it open.

18. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Lmao @ ros, I wasnt speaking specifically to anyone really. I was just using that quote as a direct reflection of what I'm talking about. Lets keep the thread open!!!!!! I pose the question though is there such a thing as practicing integrity as a fan? The reason I ask this is because we have terms for fans who make waffling a practice. Like bandwagon ass cats, wafflers, fair weather fans, etc. Let me know what you guys think. :stirthepot:

19. roscoe36

Ok, ok ok. I re-read your post a few times and thought maybe I overreacted. I've always said, I will err on the side of caution. I may have erred.

20. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Roscoe said it...Now it's time for WCF to say it.