At Boston Nov 20 8PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

You know I completely forgot about that. I kept wondering to myself why the hell was Tay playing pg as a rule. I could see one or two trips down the floor or during a trap, but doing that as a rule is a horrible idea.
  2. max

max All-Star

That says it all. Thats why they play 82 games, this is not football.

Low - give it some time.

I really do not hope that what I feared will not continue - that people will start blaming every loss on not having CB.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We're undefeated with Dyess this year. 82-0 would have been sweet. I can't believe we got rid of him.
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

watched at the bar, and early in the game i turned to my friend and said "we're gonna lose by 20 tonight". just didn't have it. the pistons are going to have to figure out boston at some point, get back the mental edge, whatever. they've got plenty of time to work on it.

but i agree, ai needs to play more off the ball because rondo is actually quite a pesky defender.
  5. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Last nights game was sad. It is what it is. It's embarassing having to wake up and read these Boston papers and see that they're all laughing at our guys.

:nerner: :doh:
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

To quote a friend named Hudson
    :doh: and I don't think Dice could stopped that onslaught

If Dice saw last nights game and the first beatdown at the Palace a couple of weeks ago by the C's why would he want to come back to the Pistons???

Unless he thinks he can make the difference:falloff:
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yeah, we were discussing AI vs, Rondo last year.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

A baboon fresh out of the jungle could be a better father to my kid (soon to kids) than me. My wife is babbling on and on about something relating to her pregnancy and I'm sitting there like John Rambo having flashbacks to this beating the Pistons took last night.

Can anyone remember the last time Tay took a charge? How can you be regarded as a top defensive player when you are both significantly weaker and slower than the man you are guarding?
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Only 3 teams took less charges than us last year- Portland, Seattle, and the Clippers. But don't despair, Boston was only 2 spots higher than us on the list. Lakers were also in the bottom 3rd.

It's not highly correlated with winning.

Perhaps tight perimeter D and intimidating inside presence deters slashers in the first place? Not that we have all those things, but our D was good despite the lack of charges.
  10. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

I think you are right. We have not (at least as of yet) adjusted our offense to fit AI's game. We seem to be undecided about whether to make AI adjust to our preexisting offensive philosophy, or to adust our philosophy to match his strengths. The result at times is the worst of all possible worlds. If we are committed to an up tempo game, then that will dictate that faster players be on the floor, and will also dictate a different kind of playmaking and execution. Curry has no experience with that kind of up tempo game, either as a player under Rick C. or as as an assistant last year.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Wow, this says it ALL!!!!! Nothing more needs to be - or should be said.
  12. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I agree also Kgreg and I feel that after 12 games altogether with this new coach, new system and new star player we are doing just fine. I cannot reiterate enough that things could be alot worse and that we could be easily 5-7 as oppose to 8-4. We have had to go out West, play Boston twice, and Cleveland on the front end of a back to back. The main thing that I'm concerned with this is team and it has been said is our identity. Are we going to be a quick hitting team on offense that runs loose sets or are we going to be a "grind it out" team? Are we gonna impose our will on the other team with suffocating D or are we going stop teams just enough to allow us to outscore the other team consistently?

We are still a work in progress and playing Boston twice in this young season makes us look a lot worse than what we actually are. There have been signs of brilliance and looks of being dazed and confused on both ends of the floor. What we have to remember is that this right now is like preseason for us especially with the acquisiton of AI. We will be fine no need to panic yet.
  13. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

It's far too early to tell if Curry sucks. But I'm going to judge him anyways. He doesn't seem to make many adjustments. Rasheed plays even less down low now than last season. He's inarticulate. He's Scott Skiles.
  14. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

thats actually a pretty fair assessment.
  15. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Not worried about this lost at all, good thing we had it early in the season.
    Coming back from a back-to-back, people don't realize how long it takes the offense to set in after you get a new PG.
  16. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i agree with this as well. and, moreover, i don't necessarily mind if we are flying under the radar and teams think we're more of a wreck than we are. i think there are important question marks out there that will need to be addressed. but i think it's too early for them to be addressed, and too early to assume that they won't be. and i definitely think there's no cause for certainty that, come playoff time, we can't beat boston (or anyone else for that matter).

i just keep thinking of "body memory". tay, sheed, and, especially rip, have how many hundreds of games in which their bodies have gotten used to doing certain things over and over again. now they have to get used to doing other things (the same probably goes for AI). that takes time (though I don't think it takes hundreds of games).
  17. max

max All-Star

Next time Boston get blown out by someone I wonder if their fans will overreact this much?

We had a tough schedule, beat LA when they were undefeated. Beat Clev who were on an 8 game winning streak.

Don't read so much into 1 game.
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

chris Kaman
  19. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

This is one player that Joe D should maybe consider to trading for. However we should still wait another 10-15 more games before drawing anymore conclusions.
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I'd trade Amir Johnson and ip Hamilton for Kaman

I'd put Prince in as shooting guard/6TH MAN ala Mcgrady and Durrant

I'd start :

F- MAXIEL
    F- WALLACE
    C- KAMAN
    G- IVERSON
    G- PRINCE

bench rotation:
    STUCKEY