At Boston Nov 20 8PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

stuckey was forcing it a lot in the 1st half, tay's shoot isn't good again and sheed's foul trouble effects the team...
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Well that was fun. Weren't the games alot closer last year? We look over matched, and extremely confused.
  4. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

This game is a shame for any single piston fan. They're playing with their switch in "Off". Im ashamed of how they started playing after the half. What, as a coach, do you have to say to these guys for them to start playing SO DAMN BAD? MAN.

Im really pissed off. Its always against the Celtics.

And Roscoe, you were saying Prince is having an All-Star season... please. Look how he plays against good teams. I hate how he is still in the court after having a horrible game. He is not an All-Star. He is a ball stopper, every time he receives the ball, the play stops. He is not a PG, dont give him the ball, please! Let him shoot!

But oh well, it seems I dont know anything about bball.
  5. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I didn't see the game...What happened???
  6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Beatdown in Beantown. They're not even close to figuring out the Celtics, and the Celtics have their number completely. Boston's bench is far superior to Detroit's.
  7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I switched this game off when it started getting really bad in the second quarter, and I guess that was the right call. WTF.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Good thing the Pistons have ~70 games left to work it out. :nailbiting:
  9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Seems like the Celtics are a BIG roadblock though.
  10. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

Mhhh... we had a tough game against the Cavaliers yesterday. The Celtics didn't play that same day. We had to play them today.

Thats bad scheduling right there... really bad scheduling.

Btw, Prince 33 mins: 2/9, 4 points 7 reb. Herrmann 7 mins: 5 points, 3 reb. Give him more time at the 3, please!
  11. max

max All-Star

Maybe Flip was not so bad?
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This was a complete embarrassment. As Barkley will probably say, we were Turrible. The Pistons take one step forward and then one step back as they figure out how to play with AI who was burned by Rondo 3 or 4 times.

This game started off 13-2 and then went down hill from there as the Pistons defense had no answer for their big 3 >Rondo, Tony Allen and House:sssh:

Pierce and KG sat out nearly the whole second qtr, yet their scrubs pulled away as we left House and Scrubaline open all night to hit uncontested threes and let T-Allen, Powe and Rondo to waltz to the paint for an array of layups and dunks.

I don't care how good this team may be in knocking off the Lakers and the Cavs, if we can't beat Boston then we might as well play out the season for entertainment. The Celtics are in the Pistons heads (ours too) and as long as they are, then that mental roadblock will be hovering over their heads. We need to hope now that either the Cavs or the Hawks knock off the Celtics before we get to the ECF...:sssh:
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

p>For the 2nd game in a row, we came out strong, and then went into a scoring funk. At least we ended the 1st quarter tied at 21.</p>

<p>But then Curry started going small. The whole 2nd quarter. No reason. Just a coaches choice. Bad choice.</p>

<p>Going back to the last time we played Boston - we played them even in the combined 1st and 3rd quarters that last time. Amir started. According to Curry, Amir, although he would not start now, would still get about 15 to 18 minutes per game. Nope, just 13 minutes total in the rotation (not counting tonite's garbage time) in the past three games. Instead of playing Amir in the rotation, Curry is going small. But there is no reason for this. Just a poor choice by the coach.</p>

<p>In case anyone missed it, our transition D broke down something fierce. Amir is our best guy at getting back on transition D. But he did not play. Bad choice by the coach.</p>

<p>Minutes. Too many for some of our starters, especially on a back to back. And why with us over 20 down with 8 minutes left were any starters still out there? Makes you wonder.</p>

<p>This game was still winnable, when Curry all the sudden decided to pull several starters all at once midway thru the 3rd quarter. Hey, if someone is doing bad, pull him. If your whole starting unit is not working, thats the coach's problem to deal with. And then he turned around and brought the starters back in. Hmm, make up your mind.</p>

<p>Crazy game. Tough schedule. Sure, we can be glad we got one of two on this tough back to back. But I kind of like to see the Pistons at least compete.</p>

<p>Stuckey did play quite poorly. It seems to me Curry is playing the guy extended minutes to get him to get back on track. Nothing wrong with that for the long haul - but if he wanted to win this game, its Afflalo he should have left in for the end of the 2nd quarter, not Stuckey. And by the way, to pull Afflalo for missing a couple of shots - its saying all the wrong things. No matter how good he does, if he misses some shots, he gets pulled? People miss shots. Nobody shoots 100%.</p>

<p>I wonder at this rate how long guys like Sheed and AI will need to go on life support, let alone the injured list.</p>

<p>While I am at it, one more reminder to Curry - our best front line is JMAX, Amir, and Sheed together. An excellent way to rest Prince.</p>

<p>There was no need to start Kwame tonight. By splitting up Sheed and Kwame, you can have a center out there at all times. A lot more important than the silly excuses you used to justify the change.</p>
  14. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Key matchups
    AI 16 pts and 4 assists, 2 steals, 4 TO's>>>>>Rondo 18 pts 8 assists, 3 steals, 2 TOs

Rip 12 points , Ray allen 12 pts

Piston bench 29 pts, Celtics bench 42 pts

Tony Allen 6-7 shooting, Stuckey and Alf, 0-4 shooting

Stuckey also had 5 turnovers.

Also, Michigan 55, 4th ranked UCLA 52.:cheers:
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Not Flip. Maybe someone else . . .CB *cough*, but specifically against this team; the free-wheeling chaotic offense doesn't seem to work against them b/c they're too solid defensively, and we haven't been against them. It's hard to chalk this up to tired legs since it was a rerun of the 1st game. AI while an asset against the Cavs is not very helpful at all against BOS.

edited to add;

In AI's defense he never should have been on Rondo as soon as the Celts figured out that they'd put the ball in has hands and go at him. You could put him on Ray Allen, but he doesn't well with screens so i don't know . . . Our defense is broken. And AI can't get into the paint against BOS and is not a great jump shooter so we're stuck.

All i know is i'm sick of the Tony Allen show.
  17. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Lee, you're ignoring two things: Amir is constant foul trouble( read: free throws to opponent) and Sheed himself has said that with Kwame at C he can better concentrate to his duties at PF. Your proposed lineup is pure fantasy: Amir can't done anything at 3 either in O or D.
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I have written and not posted at least a dozen responses now.

I am pretty angry.

I don't mind we lost. I don't even mind we got blown out.

I don't like that we laid down again. Even AI laid down.

That is not acceptable. I'm actually tempted to call into talk radio all day tomorrow and raise hell.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I will choose to politely disagree. Amir does not have to worry about foul trouble spelling Tay for all of 12 minutes a game. Further, I have seen Amir stay with one small forward after another. If nothing else, he is quick. Also, I would not put much stock in the nice things players say about each other. Remember, what choice does Sheed have really - tell everyone the coach is a moron? Don't think that will happen. I see nothing wrong with Kwame starting - on an as needed basis - where the other team is going with two legimately large bigs. But no way as a typical lineup. The slightest bit of foul trouble, and we get forced into going small. (Not that Curry seems to need any excuse to go small.)
  20. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

A very tough road course. It could be better, but an even and progressive advance should be on the horizon. A lot of games left.
    If I am not mistaken (and this is the second game I have been able to watch on TV), the zone works. Something to think about.
    Stuckey is regressing. Why? A lot of factors involved. Big factor: he is not Wade. He does not have the hang time and if he can not pull up and hit that 15 ft. jump shot, it will be a long season for him.
    Prediction: come playoff time, Bynum will be your starting point guard…the Chicago connection is strong (comfortable fearlessness).
    Dyess will settle things down.
    JMax should start to see major minutes and we all know my counterpoint to this: at times into the starting lineup.
    Small, incremental steps and Detroit will be there at the end.