At Boston Dec 19th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by Dlev59, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, we are hyper aware. We are working to resolve some server time issues that affect what users in other time zones see. For now, the targeted start time for the event is conflicting with the relative times in other zones. EST was fine for us to begin with (because the Pistons AND most fans are there). But, we are planning to have the issue solved by the next tip off if not tonight.

It's a little harder to test these kind of things in theory because you actually have to have them live on the server to verify certain variables. It's likely you'll see it one of three ways 1) it's simply gone. 2) it goes haywire again before it gets right (38 days) or 3) it gets fixed and works flawlessly.

Please bear with us.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I guess the lesson here is that while it's fun to see a countdown timer on your favorite forum, you really shouldn't use it to plan your life.

3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Ouch! :blackeye:

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

the fact that it counts down puts it ahead of 85% of the projects implemented by my work place.

5. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Unless you are planning to "time travel" LOL

:hoops:

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Quick point about time machines.

Since the Earth is always moving, wouldn't the joke be on you if you were transported into the future and you just ended up in space, where the Earth used to be? The pop would be so anticlimactic.

Keeping up with the position of the Earth is no easy task.

[SIZE=+1] •How fast is the Earth spinning?[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]0.5 km/sec[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] •How fast is the Earth revolving around the Sun?[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]30 km/sec[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] •How fast is the Solar System moving around the Milky Way Galaxy?[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]250 km/sec[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] •How fast is our Milky Way Galaxy moving in the Local Group of galaxies?[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]300 km/sec[/SIZE]

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

8. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Talked to 'Horn today and he is stoked as well to see how we do. His analysis is that the true mismatch is CBill. He should really eat them up and our bench according to him is also much better. Don't expect the newbies or even Amir to have any PT. JMax is his special pupil. He's been talking to him before games and helping to address the problem of fouling so much. If you notice he somewhat is improving and staying on the court.

9. buddahfan

I will put someone on it today and get back to you with the answers when he have them.

10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I find it an absolute shame to use a "big game" to avoid doing your homework. Preparing for the playoffs is the task that must never take a back seat. Furthermore, to assume that Amir would not help win the game - that we might otherwise lose, is a dangerous assumption, that just plays into the hand of a coach who is desperately trying to fight Dumars on Dumars' goal of infusing some youth into this team. Amir should have no further DNP's. Joe Dumars' word should be upheld.

11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I agree with that Lee. This is a very important game for Amir to play but Flip won't do it. I don't think Amir gets any pt tonight. Does anyone seriously think he will get any minutes?

12. buddahfan

Horn is mentoring Maxey for the #4
    Uncle Sheed is mentoring AJ for the #5

sounds great to me.

C-Bill is indeed bigger than Rondo, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Celtics bring a double team on C-Bill if he tries to post up which means kicking out to an open man for the jump shot including threes. If we hit the 3s and the short jumpers on those plays we will be fine, if not Rondo will neutralize C-Bill because C-Bill won't get the calls if he takes Rondo to the hoop.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Who gets more minutes tonight, Walter or Amir?

14. buddahfan

It depends. Most likely not, however I can think of a couple of situations other than a blowout where AJ may get some minutes.

If Sheed gets in early foul trouble AJ may get a few minutes when the Celtics pull KG if Sheed is still on the bench due to the fouls.

If Sheed gets tossed early then AJ may get a few minutes to rest Dyess and Maxey. Though it seems to me that those minutes would probably go to Brezec if he dresses tonight.

It could be however that Flipper doesn't even dress AJ tonight but rather Brezec and Herrmann.

15. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Might as well have both of them in a coat and tie.

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Well it seems like it's too soon to call it (2:50 left in the first quarter) but it looks like the calls could put our team in foul trouble. And Garnett is like untouchable so what will that mean for Sheed? I usually hate that "jumping into players to get to the line" strategy, but we may need to get them in foul trouble. Are we supposed to swallow the idea that their supposedly great defense is not fouling our guys ever?

Nice to see a few of our bench guys out here at the end of the 1st however.

GO PISTONS!!!!

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What a way to win and shut up the Celtics fans. Billups pump fake, 2 free throws for the win at the end.

Unbelievable. I gotta go find a Celts forum so I can soak up the sour grapes.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The bench won this one. Lindsey and Maxiel had direct effects on the outcome while AA just seems to get it done. It's going to be great when Stuckey gets back, and AA gets more mins, he practically played a perfect game.

20. buddahfan

Nice adjustments on defense during halftime by Flipper