1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

at Boston Celtics Wednesday January 19 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What if we give Rip 3min. to score 3 pt. kinda thing ?
    If he comes out cold, bench him.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As much as I want to get rid of Rip, it does bug me a little how we are humiliating him right now. Of course, we are playing very well...:stirthepot:

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I know what you mean, but actually if he is feeling humiliated then he is doing that to himself. The Pistons are looking to act in the best interest of the organization and players by trying to win some games.As you pointed out, it is working. I don't think they have any intent whatsoever to make him look or feel bad.

Rip would be the first to tell you that it is a business and that he looks out for himself before anyone else. It works both ways.

Thanks for what you've done Rip. You were paid handsomely. You got wealthier and the Pistons got wealthier too. Now you are an expensive burden. Bye. Good luck to you.

4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rip has six 20 point games and three ejections. He doesn't need the organization's help to be humiliated. He's done that all by himself.

But yes, a nice quiet departure would be much better for all involved.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The problem I have is that Rip is dressed and ready to play....like Max and Summers, but I guess with Ben, JJ and Terrico in street clothes you gotta dress your healthy players just in case someone gets injured.

Still with no trade talks in the horizon, it may be harder to move him if he is just riding the pine with no action. We are a month from the trade deadline, so the question is does he sit for a month or do we play him in situational spots?

6. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I say we trade him to that Greek squad for Iverson. :bow1:

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I think T-Mac genuinely likes it here:

PISTONS: Days of Old

MY GUYS???? Hmmmmm, he then said it again

T-Mac gives us what we lost when Chauncey left, a bonafied unquestionable leader.

8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

And why wouldn't he? After 7 years of his teammates and fans viewing him as nothing but a disappointment and resenting his every injury, he's finally in a place where everybody appreciates anything that he does and doesn't fret over his shortcomings. For the past 7 years, he was the broken promise in Houston or "we don't really want your washed-up rear" in NY. For the first time since he left Orlando he's in a place where the fans actually like him and don't expect more than what he's giving.

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You're absolutely right! And I think a big reason why moving the Super Collider to SG has been successful is because of T-Mac. T-Mac is 6'8" tall and Stuckey is only a shade over 6'4" tall, much of Stuckey's success at SG is a result of working him in the post where he STILL has a size advantage over the opposition's PG because their SG is defending T-Mac, Stuckey would have a problem in the half court if he was being defended by the other teams 6'6" starting SG.

10. Walter

That's why I love the new starting 5. We're BIG!

11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

The floater? Yeah, people have been begging him for years to add that shot to his repertoire. It was a nice, uncontested look too. It's a shame he didn't make it.

12. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I picked up on that too, the my guys quote, I really like him more and more all the time and hope we can keep him....

13. Mr. Big Shot

Mr. Big Shot First Round Draft Pick

Me too. If only for the opportunity to watch him keep playing. He is an incredibly smart basketball player with the court vision of a point guard and brings leadership. I feel like every time T-mac gets a good look, its going in. Even though depleted from injuries, he's still our best player and I hope he keeps playing better and better. I'd like to see him get back to the guy that averaged around 22 and 7? not too long ago, whether he stays with us or not.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

And why wouldn't Rip for Melo work ?
    We'd lose Rips big contract. Melo would be gone in a half season.
    And might get us to the playoffs.
    Ahhh but then he might want to stay. And when we don't resign him he'll call us cheap.

15. Walter

Denver would take on Rip's boat anchor of a contract for Melo's expiring only if we include our every draft pick until 2020.

16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's only six years.

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Doesn't it seem that the Pistons have abandoned the 3 guard lineup once they moved the bigger T-Mac to the point? Seems like now might be the time to play it..........

18. Brap

Brap Starter

Stuckey is a very tough matchup for most SG's. He's so much faster than most other guys at that position, and he's as strong as anyone who plays there.

The comments about him being a difficult cover off the ball are apt. Stuckey has a much easier time getting into the lane when defenses aren't geared to stop him. I expect his shooting percentages will rise significantly as he's not running the point.

In the future, that suggests to me the Pistons would be looking for a true point and a swing guard who's more adept at the point and can come off the bench. Maybe we'll get super lucky and White will turn out to be a player.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Denver can't demand anything for Melo, he's gone. Rip is a quality player with big value.
    Anybody trading with Denver is doing Denver a favor.

20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, offers are coming in left and right for Rip. Joe D's Blackberry is burning up....