1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

at Boston Celtics Sunday April 3 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'April 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

Classic rookie mistake. Should be better next year.

2. linwood

linwood All-Star

I like Monroe and Jerebko. Sometimes when Weezy is healthy, he is spectacular finishing on a fast break. The rest are bums. Throw the bums out! All of them. Promote Ben Wallace to Hallway Coach and show the rest of those bums the door.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, but if I remember correctly, we would have also been required to take Ray Allen along with him. And we would have given up Stuckey, Prince, and Hamilton. Those 3 have appeared in several games for us this year.

4. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Is Weezy Chris Wilcox? If he is, I like him too. And I can't help it, I like Charlie V. I have a passion for big men standing at the three point line and heaving three's. (Sheeeeeeeed) I agree with you, make Ben a coach and everyone else, see ya.......

5. max

max All-Star

I doubt there will be much of a demand out there for Stuckey next season. 6 more games until what?( his post game comments ) No body knows him, 3 seasons of losing basketball since he has taken over with an attitude. It's shame because he may never be able to shake that. He probably cut his value at least in half if not more with this.

Yea 6 more games. Lets see something positive and bank that 6th pick for the next GM to play with.

I agree about Monroe. Looking forward to watching develop more.

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Stuckey is thinking 6 more games and Kuester will be gone. Perhaps he knows something.

7. max

max All-Star

Q only has 2 years guaranteed so unless the dang team is still not sold by next season and the 3rd year kicks in - that's the only way I can see of keeping him.

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

If KD keeps Kuester, then it's all about the money for her. The league will not dictate who is the coach. If Kuester stays and JD doesn't resign, then Joe's credibility continues spiraling down.

9. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Joe will resign as soon as the new owner is announced like every care-taking GM would do, got a sense that his only reason to stay till now might be he's his commitment to Mr. D.

"Six games remain . . .", how sad is Stuckey's turned himself from victim to defendant by his young and inexperienced on PR things where he just simply thought that there was nothing more he could do while Pistons was officially out of playoff race though a season with legit personal statistic under his belt. That's what made fans called him selfish !

But I would still say Stuckey is lucky to have the chances in short period between late Feb. and early March to show off what he can contribute and he really gripped the opportunities to prove himself. Go Pistons. Go Stuckey.

10. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Coaching in the NBA is about instilling confidence in the players that you have a plan and that your plan will win a championship. This season has been a disaster.

There is nothing that has happened this season that points to the fact the Q has a clue. This is a ship without a rudder that is being led by a blind captain. It is the worst it has ever been.

Can anyone here actually say that if the team wasn't in the process of being sold and we wouldn't have let a few coaches go recently; that this coach wouldn't already have been gone??

I hate the locker room attitudes we have but unfortunately I have hard time blaming the players. I know they are paid a lot of money to play but they are also paid to win and they have egos. Coaching moves that don't seem to make any sense and that don't result in wins; stick out to us as fans. I can only imagine the frustration that the players feel when they have been playing this game at a high level for most of their life and the man in charge of putting them in a position to win is making these dumbfounding moves.

We in the business world can shop our services when we see the company we are working for is not moving toward success and make a change. The players do not have this option and although I don't agree with the insubordination; I can sympathize.

It would be different if it were 1 or 2 players that have had a problem with the coach this year but I think it may be that only 1 or 2 players that HAVE NOT had a problem with this coach.

Sorry for the rambling.

11. BillLaimbeer

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Indeed. (And ouch!)

Rodney Stuckey, other Pistons should pay for their selfish behavior | detnews.com | The Detroit News

13. Brap

Brap Starter

How dysfunctional are we? Let us count the ways:

1) Coach. I'm sickened by his lack of communication. "Roll the dice" all the time rotations - WTF did he pull Stuckey as a starter for after the best stretch of his career. Just brain-dead. No player can count on a damn thing from him.

2) Rip. Inmate running the asylum.

3) Tay. Team leader. Worst team leader in sports history. Only passes to Rip. Yet another inmate running the asylum. And when he's on the court, he's just a chemistry killer on offense. "Ball goes into Tay in the corner. If Rip isn't open or on the court, he just dribbles it to death. Yells at coach. Isn't interested in playing ball the way the team has designed, but is trying to force us to play like we're the 2004 team. He also is in the position Daye should be playing - all the F'ing time, so he is blocking the future in every way possible. I totally hate having him on this team.

4) Stuckey. Annointed team leader who Rip and Tay don't allow to lead. Jerked around between roles and positions. Now he's turning into Rip - lots of mini-tantrums. Instead of being a for-sure core guy, I'm not sure the Pistons will bother to match the moderate offers he'll receive to join a functional team. He's going to be a star somewhere else, I fear.

5) Ownership in limbo. Can't do a damn thing to balance the roster.

6) Gordon. Great talent who is playing like his NBA career is finished. Unreal.

7) CV. OK talent who is playing like - well he's playing like he just plain sucks.

8) Bynum - total misfit on this roster.

Thank god we have a franchise C to build around. I'm just hoping JJ makes it back 100% so we have a for sure second core player in place. I still think Daye's going to be a core guy for us as well.

Now, how the hell does Joe clean up all these messes - or is Joe even with the team next season?

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Turkey perhaps.

15. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

LOL.... Turkey Collider

16. BillLaimbeer

A co-worker just asked me why I was laughing outloud. I'm afraid it would take at least a half hour to explain how we got to "Turkey Collider".

17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Apparently because Stuckey is a fool.

18. copper

copper Bench Warmer

but what came first? the chicken or the egg? I am embarassed to say it but I dont know how much better I would be than stuckey and the other members of the team if I was given a coach like clueless who is in so far over his head that hes damn near in china by now. and this after the m curry debacle. I know from experience that even with me at work I have a moron for a boss and it is impossible to go to work without grinding my teeth. Fortunately Ive been able to get away from the idiot but I can defenitely understand the behaviour( without condoning it) Coach wants improved play? stuckey was playing very solid ball and all posters on the board were commenting on it. Then he gets yanked and Im sure in his head hes gotta be sayin " what the hell am I supposed to do"? I know, wait out the season and get a new coach....again...

19. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

It's not just painful to watch, it's sad and redundant. The point was driven home during the Rodman ceremony, as all those greats — Isiah Thomas, Dumars, Vinnie Johnson, GM Jack McCloskey, etc. — spoke of what the Bad Boys had.

They had an unbendable will and unbreakable competitive spirit. They didn't just fight — they fought for each other. Those teams had their nasty scraps, but they never lost sight of the larger purpose — to win at any cost.

From The Detroit News: Rodney Stuckey, other Pistons should pay for their selfish behavior | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Here is the most important part of the article in relation to today's team. They had a competitive spirit and they fought for each other. They had a leader the believed in and would die for. They knew (whether by words, actions or just intuitively) if they followed Daddy Rich and did what he asked; they would win a championship.

This team had this. They were a group looking to do great things. The problem is the leader of this group (Q); IMO; has done everything in his power to break this spirit and bond either intentionally or unintentionally. It has become an "us vs. him" ball club instead of an "us vs. them" team. Part of running a team is handling the egos and expectations of the players you have. Instead; I think Q has done exactly the opposite ala Larry Brown and tried to break the whole team down instead of only one or two players at a time. Larry would break a man down and then build him back up again into a better player. Q broke this "team" down and ended up with a mess that he could not put back together.

The hunting and pecking for line ups and rotations, unexplainable lapses in communication between coach and player (or head of security and player) :sssh:, unexpected benchings and DNP-CD's, and so on and so on have all driven a bigger wedge between coach and player.

I think this team has come together and is willing to fight for each other and do whatever it takes to win. Unfortunately they feel the only way to do that is under a different leader. It is unfortunate and not what we had hoped but they are willing to:
    • Be Villified in the media for revolting
    • Pay fines if necessary
    • Be benched indefinitely
    • Subject themselves as a team to more losses
    • Deface the value and reputation of the franchise
    • Risk moving their families to different cities
    They are willing to do all of this and more to become winners. IT just plain sux it has come to this and there should be a better solution.

20. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

There was an incident between Kuester and Stuckey in practice.