at Boston Celtics Sunday April 3 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'April 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Stuckey is starting to get on my last nerve.....

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Post-game comments:

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd also like to see change speaking for Stuckey and his teammates.

4. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yeah, you're really there for your teammates by refusing to go back into a still winnable game.

What a tool.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Part of Stuckey's problems may be because he has grown up in the NBA with role models like Rip, Tay, Rasheed, etc., who have no respect for their coaches.

6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Agreed, which is why I worry about them infecting a guy like Monroe, who seems to have his head on straight.

7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I can agree with this. We also shipped out a good role model for him after just his rookie year in Chauncey Billups.

I also don't think it's any coincidence that Stuckey didn't have a father in his life. Seems to me that those that don't grow up with a father figure in their childhood, tend to go the route he's going.

8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This is a new and unexpected twist. What ever the eventual path from a decision point of view, this does not sound good.

If JD is thinking about keeping him, then I would be under the assumption that he had previous talk(s) with him over certain situations. This should make a difference for Stucky. If this talk did not happen, then JD is too far removed from this team and there is a bigger problem.

As this plays out, it now seems to me that Stucky wants out. This does not diminish his obvious talents, though perhaps he wants to try another direction with another team. Not so unusual and he should be accommodated.

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

[STRIKE]Finally[/STRIKE]...Nice post Bill...have to agree...

Also think that he'll be leaving to sign with another team. The Pistons would be foolish to match any offer...What's KD gonna do now...to stop the spiral downward...

10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Great analysis.
    Espacially, this is his third coach and he stayed well in prior seasons. Or might be I can say that this franchise/Joe was in very bad luck, Rip and Tay could already had been treaded last season if those early season injuries hadn't been occur.

11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Even though there are only 6 games left I think Kuester has to make an effort to smooth things out and go out on a high note. I think if he could just sit down, with the head of security, and iron out some of the differences between Stuckey and himself, and the have that guy talk to Rodney it might be the right thing to do.

12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I want to give a shout out to the one player on the team that really matters.... Greg Monroe, the last couple weeks as I know were going to lose the games I have gone to just watchng him and his play/body language.

The guy should be scoring 15 points a game if anybody would freaking pass the guy the ball when he's all but wide open standing under the basket. Does he hang his head/moan about it no, he keeps going about his business trying to get better. It was stated during the game how he hasn't hit the rookie wall, another tribute to the guys work effort and I'm proud of him.

This team must address the need for a pass first PG with this guy in the middle and his abilty to pass out of the post the offense can be solid... and the pistons problem of 10 mins of no points because all the shooters are cold may be a thing of the past.

We don't have to worry about taking a step back at this point (can we really get any worse) so send all the pouters and old players on there way save Ben Wallace (if its proven he's not been an ego problem) so he can keep working with Monroe on his defense/rebounding.

13. Brap

Brap Starter

This stuff with Stuckey is disheartening.

The stuff with Monroe is just great - what a hell of a draft pick.

I say we have to jettison the coach ASAP. We have to balance out our roster - (it's astounding that Gordon has become useless to us) - Rip and Tay need to go.

I'd feel a hell of a lot better if I knew a new coach would get Stuckey back on track. (This joke of a "rotation" Coach K has going is destroying the cohesion of this team. I can get why Stuckey and everyone else is burned out. I just hope that the damage isn't permanent.)

A core of Monroe, JJ, Daye and Stuckey and Gordon would look a hellofa lot more hopeful to me than one where we're starting from scratch with all of our guards.

14. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Every time I think of that trade that could have gotten us Rajon Rondo I get sick to my stomach and hope Joe does as well.

It gets more ridiculous with every passing day that we let that deal pass us by.

15. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I don't think any season we have had has revolved around the "coach" more then this one.

It almost seems like if you look at him the wrong way; you end up in the dog house. Problem is you don't know what "the wrong way" is.

This guy is more temperamental then my 13 yr old daughter.

Most games he plays Will in the 4th he insists on him playing the whole 4th; now all of a sudden he wants to pull him with only 2 mins remaining. WTF

16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey gets almost $34,000 per game. I don't give a FF at a RD if the coach looks at him cross-eyed and wiggles his butt. It's his job to get in the game and acquit himself with workmanlike effort and a little bit of pride. He can put forth with rigtheous indignation about the coach all he wants anytime other than during games.

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

In fairness to Stuckey, this is only the 9th or 10th time that he's fought with Kuester this year.

18. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

There is a learning curve.

19. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

When he does that he ends up with a DNP-CD anyways.

I am starting think it is tea leaves that determines who plays for Q; not effort and effectiveness.

20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Round,

I agree. The only player that matters to a rebuild is Monroe. And JJ. The rest should be either moved or left only as filler pieces as you can't trade the whole team. The Piston project is a complete rebuild. This is a sub-30 win team.

Yes, Monroe should be way more involved in the offense and yes, that probably a pass-first guard is on the agenda to effect that.