at Boston Celtics Sunday April 3 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'April 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons played a decent 1st half, down 49-48 at the half.

Mateen Cleaves, as an analyst, is horrible. I'm not sure what thread that comment belongs in, but I just had to say it.
  4. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey is a tool. He's playing himself right out of the league. I won't comment on why I've made these comments, if you read the stuff on the web just prior to the game, you'd know what I'm referring to.
  5. BillLaimbeer

What did Stuckey do? I saw an article that said he was benched for disciplinary reasons, but the Freep removed the article.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Per Mlive... "Rodney Stuckey chose to come off the bench Friday night against Chicago. It sounds as if he will stay on the bench today against Boston.
    Citing an unnamed source, the Detroit Free Press reported that Stuckey will not play today against the Boston Celtics because he refused to re-enter the game in the fourth quarter Friday against the Bulls.
    Will Bynum started at point guard in that game in place of Tracy McGrady (legs). Pistons coach John Kuester said before the game that Stuckey was given the option of starting or coming off the bench and that Stuckey chose the latter."
  7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I saw something about him being benched for refusing to reenter game...not sure of the particulars
  8. copper

copper Bench Warmer

thats clueless' version, and as we know from numerous flare ups this season we will get another version soon. I personally didnt understand the stuckey coming off the bench anyways. He should be the starter. Maybe this is his way of rebelling against the moron coach.
  9. BillLaimbeer

Speaking of morons, it was Stuckey that wanted to come off the bench against Chicago when Kuester asked him if he wanted to start. Ironically enough, he gets benched for not doing what he wanted to do (come off the bench).
  10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

yeah but in what context was the request? what Im saying is Ill wait to burn stuckey until a legit story comes out about what happened
  11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Not only is Stuckey a moron, but he's a tool as well.

What has this guy ever done to warrant him being insubordinate TWICE this year?

He can have fun in Turkey with Iverson next year. I think that's the end of his NBA career.
  12. copper

copper Bench Warmer

not even close to the end of his career. He will be in the league for years due simply to his talent. Just because he has fallen out of favor here? he is still a very talented player at nba level...he currently leads the team in pts and ass.
  13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Somebody is going to overpay for a combo guard who has overworn his welcome with me.... and sure hope its not us. He sure knows how to tease ya one night, but when you really need him.... he'll no show.
  14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

He's not talented. He's a mediocre player with an attitude. Good luck to him in his quest for another NBA job. When he finally grows up, maybe somebody will give him a second chance.
  15. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Clearly you are upset, I get it..but he is talented. Im pretty sure you can run down the entire roster and find every player except monroe has in some way rebelled against the coach this year. I can understand your frustration in stuck, but to downplay his talent to soothe your anger is petty. If ya want him gone for supposedly refusing to re enter game? fine with me for you to feel that way. But to say hes untalented and that he wont be in the league is a little far off base
  16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Your to hard on him really, he's got tons of talent but I don't think it will ever make him a star in the league. He can be a starter on a crappy team and put up nice numbers and make some money, but he'll never be remembered as a winner. If he would screw his head on right (and at this point I really have to wonder if its possible) he can make a great 3rd guard off the bench on a winning team.

Out of the league no, but out of chances with me... yep
  17. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

The only thing that Stuckey is remotely talented at is bowling into three defenders and disgracing the Pistons brand at every turn. He certainly isn't talented at basketball, but he is a certified piece of trash human being.

That guy is a complete joke. I don't know why I've ever defended him in the past.
  18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Joe is right. Stuckey needs to be more of a vocal leader... and maybe more of a leader by example too.

It clearly is a dysfunctional system there when you consider how many players have reached a breaking point with Q and damaged their own image in the process. Is there any team in the league that he could get along with?
  20. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

No, Stuckey just needs to go away... for good.

He's on his way out of the league with this kind of behavior. No one will want to coach him. He's a proven malcontent, and for what reason, we'll never know.