at Boston Celtics Monday March 15 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thats exactly what I don't like. Why don't we have a clue right now just how good each of these players really is? I know playing time for Rip, Gordon, and Tay are used a lot as excuses - but all three of these guys have played extensively while recovering from injuries, not to mention all the time they missed from the injuries to begin with. To me, no way there is an excuse for all three of these guys not getting extensive time to this point. And even tonight, Summers only got to play due to an injury.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Don't know if that is what caused the injury tonight. Tay was kneed in the middle of his back, yes, by Maxiell. But before that he was bumped to the ground by the opposing player. In any case, Tay was grabbing his lower back, not where Maxiell kneed him. I certainly hope its just a case of Tay getting shook up a bit in an area that is still sore, and that he has no further injury. But if his back is that sore - should he be playing? Just hope for the best. To some by the way, Tay is just trade bait, somebody they want to stay healthy so we can get the most in trade. To me, he is still my favorite player and I hope he stays around for several years yet.
  3. Brap

Brap Starter

It's hard to remember exactly, but pre-CV's-plantar fasciitus, I thought he was a highly mobile guy. I think his sucktitude, and it has been extreme sucktitue, might have everything to do with the fact that his foot hurts. I assume that this problem will be corrected over the summer with rest and therapy, and that we'll have the real CV back next season. Right now, we have the version that is effectively hobbled.

Even so, I really wish Summers were getting all his minutes, and that we'd never signd the guy.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He was slow before the plantar fasciitis. You can see it in his gait.

I really hoped he would be great, I thought his signing was better than the Gordon signing, but he has proven that I know absolutely nothing about NBA talent.
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I got to watch some of this game in the second half. And I don't mean to be piling on, but I realized everything I read in here about Kwame Brown's free-throw shooting is true. Circus-freak free-throw shooting. Unbelievable that somebody playing in the NBA shoots free throws like that. If you just look at the basket when he's shooting, the ball clangs off the rim like he's shooting half-court shots. I don't know how it's possible.
  6. Brap

Brap Starter

As disappointing a career as Kwame has had, this year he's taken several steps below that crappy standard. Talk about a huge waste of great physical talent. He should have been one of the best defensive centers in the league,with his combination of strength, size and speed. (He's a very mobile big man - but we never notice that because his instincts are so crappy that he loses time and position because he's in the wrong place or indecisive, and because he makes so many mental mistakes).

No chance, no way that he's on the team next season. I wonder if he'll even be in the league at all.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Speaking of disappointing, whatever happened to Chris Wilcox?
  8. Brap

Brap Starter

Yeah - he's even more forgotten than Kwame. He's got a player option next season. If he executes it, he'll be another expiring contract for next season. I'm guessing he can be packaged in a trade pretty easily with that type of contract, so it's no big deal if he's back next year. Just another "asset" to use as we get our roster right over the next couple of seasons.
  9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Weezy's contract can be nicely combined with Tay's expiring - 14 mil expirings will lure many GMs at the next trade deadline.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

consider me a passenger in the same boat my friend.

Well, Bynum has done nothing over the last 2 games to show he should be starting.

We really wasted the $$$$ over the off season, hindsight being 20/20, we should have left the roster alone (i.e. keeping Amir and Afflalo - God I HATE when Lee end up being right about ANYTHING) and pocketed the cash. Ben and Charlie Garbage just don't fit in with our style of play.
  11. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

thought i read he was injured a week or two ago.... but then it could be just a bad dream.....
  12. Brap

Brap Starter

If the Pistons get Wall or Turner, I wonder if we'll even bother resigning Bynum. I suppose Wall or Turner could lead to Stuckey being dealt, but I think the better option (by far) would be to move forward with a 3 guard rotation of Stuckey, the rookie and Ben Gordon and Rip (until he's dealt). I'm really tired of being locked into two small guards on the floor at the same time. Even Rip is a liability against bigger guards, as they tend to be much stronger physically than he can handle. But defensively, we can't survive with Bynum and Gordon on the court.

The thought of a Stuckey/Turner backcourt makes me drool.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Well, I just wanted everyone to know I was the 100,000 visitor to Hotfile.com.
    But 36 closed it before I went apedodo there.
  14. roscoe36

I think the Celts got some early "parquet" calls that had us come apart.

Once Tay went down, it was all over.

I only saw a little bit of Bynum play, and he wasn't fantastic but I didn't see him being much worse than anyone else.

I don't think we're going to get Wall or Turner. Other teams are obviously tanking as well now, and while everyone assumes we'll get a higher pick than our position, the odds can also lead to us drafting even lower in the lottery.

What is more important than the draft right now, is whether Stuckey is back or not. If he can't play, and becomes a zero value asset, then we are in a world of hurt.
  15. coynejeremy

That's a much safer expectation to have.
    Where was it that you read he was on a heart monitor?
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If only there was a place where I could download last night's game and watch it again.....
  17. coynejeremy

You are not a good person.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Unfortunately for us, the real CV is just a middle of the pack bench PF in this league.
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think Tay got hurt on purpose because he didn't like the attention being paid to Stuckey by the announcers.

People are talking about Robinson's dunk late in the game, but I thought Sheed's dunk in the 1st was equally tasteless. He would have turned around and gone back to shoot a 3 if he still played here.

The wide array of fouls that CG commits amazes me. It's not like he always gets beat on the perimeter and picks up fouls that way, it is across the board. He is horrible, maybe the worst player in the league.

The Pistons got to lead the L in coming back from 30+ points down. It has been a staple of the season and I love to see that fight in the guys!
  20. roscoe36

The announcers mentioned it last night during the game. BOO on the local press for not covering that.