at Boston Celtics Monday March 15 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Boston Celtics

Monday March 15

8:00 pm

Local TV:

Nat'l TV: ESPN

Radio: 950 WWJ
  2. roscoe36

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

that#30 dude is lying...

or...the contract matters.

HE may think that he is acting "controversially" in NBA, but his "troublesome image" has earned more money to owners wallet than most of who behave nicely...

in short, with his anti-system rant, formerly known as #36 actually works for the system.
  5. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

And I miss him....
  6. roscoe36

7. roscoe36

The first quarter in a nutshell.

Charlie Garbage lecturing Austin Powers on where he should be positioned on offense.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tay went down with the score 16-7 and the Celtics put in high gear and pushed it to a 16 pt lead at the end of one and now a 29 pt halftime lead.....what was Saturday's halftime deficet vs the Hawks, 28??

Pistons have 6 assists (3 each by rip and Will) and 10 turnovers... The Celtics have 1 turnover and 15 assists
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

WHAT A BUNCH OF PUNKS...AND THEY GET TO TAKE HOME A PAYCHECK full pay AFTER A half like that KNOWING they are on National TV.
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Joe D needs to witness a few games like this so that he isn't disillusioned into thinking that the team is actually close.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Another double double for Maxiell.

It's amazing how defense smothers offense. We need more trees near the basket.
  12. BillLaimbeer

All three rookies (Jerebko, Daye, Summers) played pretty well. If they keep getting valuable minutes and the Pistons keep losing, I'm happy.
  13. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

At least the FANS were having a good time. The ones who stayed. :pound:
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well for the 9th game in a row the Pistons offense puts up at least 93 points....and for the 7th time during that period (March) they still come up on the losing end of the score. The Pistons are doing their best to keep up with the Pacers, Wizards, Sixers, Kings and Knicks winning only 2 of their last 12, and still can't make up any real ground because the other teams are experts at and even beating us at the taynk game.....

Ok back to tonights game.....Once the again the ugly ESPN curse falls upon the Pistons...on 3/5 it was Stuckey going down and tonight it was Tay who backed into Max's knee and after laying on the floor in pain, was helped up and carried back to the lockeroom being held up by someones shoulders. (and he did not return).

The game appeared to be the longest garbage time since....well Saturday's game vs the Hawks. At least in that one they tried to make a comeback,,,but in this one the closest we could get after the 29 pt halftime lead was to get it down to 19 at the end of three. That was short lived and the Celtics eventually got the score back up to the 29 pt lead with less 45 seconds when Tony Allen and NateDog thought they were still at the all star game with Nate practicing one of his prop dunks...which although got the crowd jazzed ,wound up being a unsportsmanlike like play when you are already running your opponent out of the gym.

We won't be sure if this win gets the Celtics back on track or not. Hopefully they will continue to struggle and get bounced by the Bucs in the first round :)

Lets hope that Tay is OK and at least get back on the floor, but if I were coach Q I would sit him out tomorrows game vs the Cavs. We know we can't beat them, why continue to feed Tays backache by bringing him back to soon.

A couple of bright spots for the Pistons....as they did despite losing by the game by 26 win the 3rd qtr 35-25..... another bright spot was DaJuan Summers playing 18 mins and scoring 12 on 4-5 shooting including 2 three balls.

Also another positive was Kwame Brown who after missing his first 5 free throw attempts, finally hit one after swapping jerseys in between FT attempts. He came into the game as the worst FT shooter on the team (even making big Ben look good) shooting 36% making 29 of 81 shots......now he has improved to 30 of 87.:sssh:
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Down 31 or so. Came back to just down 19 to end the 3rd. Kwame and CV come in. BG is in the backcourt. Boston scores all the points from there.

It was not entirely bad defense though. Sometimes we defended well and they just made a tuff shot. Finley, even an older version, is still a fine player, and he hurt us pretty bad tonight.

Tay is injured. Pretty much inevitable, as this Piston's organization is rather clueless. This was the 3rd game in 4 nights. So why is a guy coming off a back injury out there playing? I will say this once more - when you overdo it - like playing a back-to-back set, its not that 3rd day you feel the hurt from overworking your muscles. Its the day after that - or the 4th day out of the 4. And playing basketball on such a day, like today, is a terrible thing to do to sore muscles. I'd just about trade in the whole Pistons medical team at this point, right along with the coach, for being absolutely clueless about such a simple thing.

The good news, we got to see Summers play. And he acquitted himself quite well. Like he pretty much always does when he gets to play any significant minutes.

For this game, JJ was totally out of place at power forward. I mean, who is he suppose to guard between Perkins and Garnett? And who between Big Baby and Sheed can JJ guard when their subs are in?

But hey, the coach opened the 3rd quarter with JJ at power forward, with nothing else changed but Summers in for Tay. Talking about not making adjustments.

Well, we did get off to a 6-2 lead. All downhill from there. And it just got worse and worse as far as the coaching. First small ball, then Atkins came in. And Kwame was out there doing his impression of a basketball player. A very poor impression, as all they got to do is foul him and watch him brick his free throws. One accidentally did go in though.

CV gave us no scoring at all until rather late in this one.

More bad coaching. Again, this is the 3rd game in 4 nights - but rather than give Bynum rest he was left out there as part of a pointless 3 guard rotation.

Daye also got decent minutes and was our only player not negative for the game. Again, he got to play, and he looked good. Way to late to help this season. I wonder how Kuester feels about JJ, Daye, and Summers doing well when they get to play. Does he hate it because it shows he made a mistake to try to exclude them all completely going into the season? Just wondering.

In Sum, the only thing Kuester did right in this one - play Daye, play Summers, play JJ, and play JMAX. JMAX had another double double amid the carnage.

The only good part of the game was the 2nd half of the 3rd. With two spry youngsters out there, Daye and JJ, we managed to make the game respectable for just a moment. Just think if coach clueless could actually come up with the idea of moving Daye to shooting guard with JJ and Summers as the forwards. In a 30 point blowout - and this guy can't manage to get the 3 rooks on the floor at the same time? Pretty pathetic.

We scored the first 6 of 8 points, and then basically listened to the national announcers tell why Bynum was not a point guard as we quit scoring pretty much after that. Boston was pressuring the guy and that pretty much killed our offense. For the game Bynum did do some scoring. And Rip played, of course. Of little help if the point guard is pressured well - since he has a completely one dimensional game.
  16. Brap

Brap Starter

Playing a game on the road without 3 of our 5 starters was hardly a test of anything for us or for the Celtics. I suppose it was enjoyable, kindof, sortof, in a way -- but I thought the Celtics were totally classless. They beat, as they should, a crippled team - and acted a lot of the time like it was as thrilling as game 7 of the finals. Did they have to act indignant over EVERY call that went against them. Truly, that team seems like a collection of jerks to me.

It's official - I hate the C's more than any team in the league.

The only interesting thing about this game for the Pistons was the play of Bynum (he sure looked like a sparkplug backup PG to me), JJ (Is there a tougher matchup aside from LeBron than Pierce?), Daye and Summers.

JJ was overmatched physically at times, but I remain convinced that he's got a really bright present and future.

Summers impressed me a lot. He's really a great athlete - and a nice combination of excellent speed and power. This kid is really strong and can shoot lights out from distance, as well as take it to the hole. I think he has a very bright future.

Daye, I think, has a very high ceiling. But I do have one concern that makes me wonder: he seems to have slow feet. Maybe as he gets stronger, he'll improve his agility and his foot speed and/or he'll really learn how to use his length to compensate. I know he'll gain functional strength, but am just not sure how that translates to deal with his foot speed.

If someone were to ask me which of the 3 will turn out the best, or who has the highest ceiling, the truth is, I've got no idea. I think Joe really nailed this draft.
  17. BillLaimbeer

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. I equally hate the Celtics and the Cavs now.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He got kneed in the back by his own teammate.
  19. roscoe36

I don't know how Tay's injury can be blamed on anything but Maxiell ramming his knee into his spine as he well down.

Tay has been playing some of the best ball of his career right now.

There are a lot of bonehead things going on with the Pistons. Dumars' entire team looks like it is built on sand if Stuckey is (as reported) on a heart monitor.

I gave up midway through the second when I lost video. The Pistons stopped competing in the first quarter, and when Atkins and Summers were in before halftime, that was an indication that Q had basically given up.

As an aside, does anyone else feel a mixture of disgust and revulsion watching Charlie Garbage play? He's now being outplayed by Maxiell and Jerebko.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They all have shooting ability, good attitudes, and they try on defense. Pretty good set of rooks for sure. Jerebko was a steal out of the 2nd round.