At Boston Celtics March 1st, 1:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

yes it is but I got stuff to do and Roscoe may not make it so we're making sure ya'll can discuss this unlikely Pistons victory in real time.
  2. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Lemme see...

The game is on the road on a Sunday against what is arguably the best team in the league.

I guess I'll be mildly shocked if the Pistons lose by less than a dozen.

Celtics by 15.
  4. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Win boston by 5-10 points,they are more motivated,with or without KG,no surprise.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

No Amir on the glass, Hermann instead of AA; might as well call the loss right now.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Right, because no matter how well the other 9 guys on the roster play, there is just no way they can win without Amir and AA. :rolleyes:
  7. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

okay, i don't want Herrmann to do well. I like him and all, but we know it is only temporary. He can't sustain this. And then our rotation will be confused again. Afflalo is the better long term option, even if he is in the doghouse right now.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm sorry but in what world does putting Hermann on Paul Pierce constitute an effective game winning strategy ?

Thank god he switched him off. If Hermann keeps going nuts offensively and doesn't get lt up by all means keep him in the game but OFF Pierce.
    Jarvis Hayes part 2, but right now we need this game. I'm just afraid one sided offense looks pretty, but it's not going to get you the win.

edited to add;

I have no words for that last play. Now if we lost by two i blame Hermann LOL j/k. Seriously though, WTH?!
  9. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Is it just me or is our interior defense non-existant? Mikki f***ing Moore is looking like KG out there. Other than that I am shocked we are winning at the half. Prediction, Boston will outscore us in the second half by 15+ and pull out a nearly double digit win. God I hope I'm wrong....

:doh:
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Thank you Hermann. Maybe we should put you on Ray Allen next so he could get going. He needs a few threes. :doh:

I wish Joe would stop signing these players. I feel like i'm stuck in a perpetual loop of watching Jarvis Hayes' reincarnate himself in different forms.
  11. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Great win! :)
  12. roscoe36

No. Go Pistons! :bow1:
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good call. :)
  14. roscoe36

15. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

AMIR GOOD HE SOOOOOO GOOD

Pretty soon you'll see the difference between correlation and causation. And for a large part, this applies with Afflalo too.
  16. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

great Victory in boston, :first:Detroit Basketball¡¡¡¡¡¡
  17. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I know right, some people talk alot but dont say %%%%. I dont want to say any names but I think we all know what's good.
  18. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Amir is just a great presence on the bench. He really brings the intangibles to the water distribution system.

PS. Iverson is always filling glasses with V8 and half-and-half to throw his teammates off.
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

IMO, This was a huge win so i'm going to try really hard to only focus on the positive;

Every time BOS hit us we hit back. We didn't fold in crunch time. We executed and we made the extra pass. It's been forever since i've seen this type of unselfishness and i don't even mean just this year.

It's pretty clear from his interview and his play that Rip has decided he's going to try to take the leadership role and so far so good. He's under control, effective, doing it on both ends, and he's hitting/elbowing (discreetly) which i love!

Dice and Sheed was actually a semi effective frontcourt against BOS today. This is very encouraging. Granted they didn't have KG, but he's not exactly Mr. Speed. I would like to see Amir get time, and Max was very shaky until the end (he played in crunch time!!). He really needs to stop letting Big baby Davis abuse him.

Technically, AA played so the % is still greatly in his favor.

Hermann hit shots, and i will leave it at that.

Stuckey was very good and looked like the old Stuck. I thought his floor game was effective even though the assists #'s weren't very high. And I don't understand how his defense looks so much better next to Rip. I mean i do, but not to that extent.

Rondo and Ray Allen's shooting % and stats make me smile. Good job backcourt, and frontcourt.

We looked like a team. They were smiling, the bench was up, high-fives, and even a little bit of Sheed trash-talking/ball don't lie which i missed. It was refreshing to see.

KG was out, but this was very important for the pysche of this team.

That's the best defense i've seen us play against anyone in a long time. The traps and recoveries were a thing of beauty.

KB should have got time in the second half. I thought he held his own. And we do have a problem on the boards and particulary with their big bodies partly b/c we don't box out properly. This can be counteracted with height and speed <hint>.

I'd say this game my day, but i watched most of the 4th quarter through my fingers alternately cursing and cheering.

I disagree and think it will become clearly evident when we deal with a team we can't get away with this line-up against and/or don't shoot as well, but YVMV. No one is going to make me believe that Hermann instead of AA was a better match-up on Pierce or that Hermann will score like that consistently. Or that Amir couldn't have helped on the glass, but forget it. I don't care. It's a good win and i just want to enjoy it.