At Boston April 18th 7:30PM

Discussion in 'April 2007' started by max, Apr 17, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

At Boston April 18th 7:30PM

tv: tv20

Last game of the regular season. Some controversy when Ryan Gomes stating after being pulled in the Milw game on Sunday that it was so his team would secure the #2 pick.

Well they have it now so look for an energetic Boston team with nothing to lose ( for ) at this point.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

LAST GAME OF THE SEASON!

NO FREE CHILI!

EXORCISING THE DEMONS OF 'TOINE!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's funny that the picture that looks the most ridiculous is the one where he actually on the basketball court.

Look at the difference between the modern day bball shorts and Larry Bird's!!

4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Very good. It must have been tough decide on which character from the Wizard of Oz to use though - no heart, no brain, no heart...

5. roscoe36

A disclaimer. I did not create those. They float around the net, and I can't attribute a source because I don't know who it is! :cold:

6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Too funny. We actually may get to play him in round 2.

7. roscoe36

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Great wizard of oz pic. All of them were funny, actually.

I don't care what anyone says...the Pistons need to add Amir to their playoff roster AND do everything they need to do to keep him on their team. This guy is a STUD!

9. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

3.9 sec left...

10. Play On Players

11. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I can't believe I watched that game.

Go Warriors!

12. Play On Players

I can't believe I didn't get to watch that game!

13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

One positive from this game was the play of Amir versus Jefferson, Perkins, and Gomes.

I am quite uplifted by his performance given his lack of much playing time against NBA players thus far.

14. roscoe36

Nice look at Amir. He's going to surpass Maxiell quickly if given the opportunity.

Surprised that Lindsey Hunter continued his strong play. Flip murray wasn't too bad.

Carlos Delfino got nicked up, I don't know how serious it is, but they did pull him out of the game.

One would have to be thinking that Dale Davis is much more ready to contribute than NazMo. Let's hope Saunders sees what I am seeing.

Rip, CWebb and CB got the night off.

More tidbits to follow later!

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Didn't see the last two games, but from what I saw in the sixer game, AJ appears to have surpassed Max in some aspect parts of their overall games. If he is activated for any of the playoff games I think he gets some PT either early or at least HVC time.

16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not only that, but if you look at Larry's legend's left leg, you swear that he has some little alien slithers in it???

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm telling you guys...Amir =X factor. Have I ever been this high on ANYONE?

Call me Darth Lee...but I am sticking by this.
    Amir won't make the world forget about Micheal Jordan, but he will make us forget about Darko and make us talk about the rookie that DID become a stud.

Quote me...take it to the bank. Amir (barring injury) will be great!

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

His D is good.
    His rebounding is impressive.
    He hustles.
    Has a jumper.
    Can hit free throws.
    Blocks shots.
    Court awareness.
    Runs like a track star.
    Was willing to pass the ball... i.e. not a black hole.
    Dunks like there's no tomorrow.

And I'm only talking about Dupree. You should hear my thoughts on Amir Johnson. :pound:

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Amir did very well, 20 points, 12 bounds, 5 or 6 blocks (only 4 credited). Plus he looked very good on D. Boston was playing a lot of players who were in their rotation much of the year. These were not total scrubs out there for Boston. On both teams combined their was no bench player better than Amir out there tonight.

Note, yes, the Pistons are still hiding Amir. Not a whole lot of attention will be payed to this game, and people will note that the game was not against Boston's best. Its Amir's contract year. The more the Pistons played Amir this season, the more they were going to have to pay him next year. Thats being cheap. Hopefully, we still can win it all this year despite the Pistons not doing their best to put a winning team on the floor.

Dupree played extensively, and did some good things. He made a couple of shots, hustled to the ball several times. Not much as far as D though.

Flip had one nice play as a point guard, getting to the basket and dumping the ball off to Amir for a score. He also hit the game winning shot. Nice shot. Hunter played a lot of point also. Between the two players, the ball did not get inside enough, although it was better than some games.

Amir scored a lot of his on offensive rebound putbacks. He took and missed on triple try, I believe his only outside shot taken. Barely rimmed out.

Delfino missed several outside shots, but scored 9 driving to the basket. He sprained his ankle early in the 2nd half, but Zaret says Delfino walked off with no limp at all, and the trainer says Delfino will be ready for the playoffs this weekend.

The usual starters played little in the 1st half, and none at all in the 2nd half. Webber, Rip, and Billups did not even dress. Dale Davis started, but played little.

In the same game where Amir got a dozen rebounds, JMAX just got about 4. There is a huge difference in the rebounding abilities between Amir and JMAX. And a huge shotblocking difference, again, in Amir's favor. Speed, Amir has that far more than Amir. Defense-kind of looks like that as good as Maxiell is, Amir just has to much height for JMAX to compete there. So what can JMAX do better than Amir. JMAX has better range on his jumpers. I know most fans don't know that JMAX can even shoot jumpers, but that is actually the strongest part of his game, out to about 18 feet. We just do not get to see it since one, the Pistons don't play him that much, and two, they don't encourage him to take outside shots, especially not fades which he is very very good at.Note, Amir is working on his range too, so don't be surprised if he beats JMAX out in that too soon enough.

JMAX did some good damage inside besides hitting a couple of midrangers. This includes making some free throws; and continues to surprise me that JMAX misses free throws as well as I know he can shoot midrangers. Some people do shoot jumpers at the line. JMAX might have to go to this.

We play Orlando in the first round, which we found out in the last seconds of a very close game between Washington (which won and retained 7th seed) and Indiana. Darko is injured for Orlando and that should help us quite a bit as Orlando is very thin up front in general. You may or may not like Darko that much, but he is at least good depth for them. (They drop off to guys like the ancient Bo Outlaw or the completely void of talent these days Pat Garrity after their 3 bigs, Battie, Darko, Howard.) Otherwise, Orlando is quite healthy. The one player who impacts their wins and losses the most is Ariza, and he is long since over a knee injury that sidelined him much of the season. (During which time Orlando could barely win any games-they were winning a lot before his injury, and of coure, quite predictably, they are back on a roll as Ariza's health returns.)

Turk for them had a very forgettable season, lots of nausea problems, but just of late he is back in shooting form. Howard is playing his best ever toward the end of this season. Arroyo is back in the rotation and doing well. Reddick gets some playing time. Bogans is one of their best defenders, but currently out of the rotation for the most part. Dooling is a clutch shooter who is currently in the rotation.

Nelson is a mixed bag. Really bad days sometimes. Mostly mediocre, but then occasionally some really good shooting games. The national media, and many Orlando fans, continue to wonder if Nelson is really the right point guard for them. Don't be surprised if you see Dooling or Arroyo finish games sometimes.

Hill is playing his best for about the last 3 years, right now. He is even coming around on defense. We may have to start someone other than Webber to address this guy.(Use Billups to guard Battie, Tay to guard Turk, Rip to guard Nelson, Delfino or Amir to guard Hill, and Sheed on Howard.) GO PISTONS!!!!!

20. Play On Players

I'm glad Detroit is playing Orlando in the first round (though not so glad Cleveland gets Arenas- and Bulter-less Washington, but then again happy the Bulls have to battle the Heat) because I can't wait for the Pistons to make Nelson eat his words! Take Detroit in a series... HA! Oh, you fool, you fool...