At Bobcats - Jan 12th - 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2008' started by roscoe36, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I saw the first quarter of the game, but not the rest. The pistons took 29 3's, I would have thought sheed took at least 10, but he only took 3.
    Rip took 9!!! Yikes
  2. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I seconded, any trade that would get rid of Flip Sr.
  3. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Nice to see that Tay and Billups played well. Rest of the team shot 18 of 64.....Actually, I enjoyed reading Flip compare the shooting fiasco to trying to win at the State Fair. If anybody has ever looked at those rims, they've been altered. They have the same width, but they take off 5 inches from their depth. You can't notice this unless you watch somebody shooting from the side of the rim. Flip knows this and was simply comparing the shot selection to the odds of making the shot at the State Fair..........A very astute observation.
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Clearly the Bobcats lack of a point guard made their offense so unpredictable that the Pistons struggled to keep up. The Pistons were so locked in on stopping the regular mightly Charlotte offense that when it was being run in a blatantly amateurish way they couldn't keep up. An obviously superior effort by a thinking basketball team managed to come up with a win.

Charlotte's lack of substitutions due to their eight man rotation confused the Pistons too - they kept running over to the bench to try and guard someone.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

im done wih the bobcats :gun1:
  6. sgzamic

sgzamic Second Round Draft Pick

The Pistons just won two games in a row after in difficult four-game stretch, including a convincing win over the Spurs in Texas, so I popped over curious to see what the intelligent folks here would have to say.

I was confused for an instant, believing I had linked to the Celtics Blog by mistake. Actually, Celtics fans would show the Pistons more respect.

This "fan" forum has finally jumped the shark.

The level of discourse has sunk very low.

If chronic pessimism is a disease, I suggest an intervention.

After lurking here for some time, I will not attempt to argue with the coach Flip haters here. Crazy people can't be reasoned with. I value my own mental and emotional health too much.

By the way, the coach's name is "Flip" not "Flipper". Show some decency and respect. The Saunders jokes aren't funny. Never were. He is a nice man and a very good coach.

Despite the valiant attempts of your more sanguine and balanced commentators (the ever-likable Buddah, the cerebral TaShawn, sunny Warthog, gentle chief Roscoe) eventually everyone here becomes infected by the cynicism, the mindless and juvenile carping.

When something or someone called "The Low" posts a childish rant with queer boldface, underlinings and ransom-note colourings, it gets general applause. How sad.

A sane person should prefer blind homerism to this nattering negativism, this cackling of crows.

I sincerely wish everyone connected with Pistons.com continued success and happiness in their endeavors.

But I'm off to Need4Sheed and Detroit Bad Boys, where they don't work so hard to steal my joy.

Cheers.
  7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

pretty interesting, you get points for using the words 'sanguine' and 'nattering' in the same post. also interesting that sanguine can mean both bloodthirsday and optimistic. i'm totally going to use that in a sentence today.
  8. roscoe36

One would hope such a disease would be self correcting, but it is not.

I'm loathe to the idea of enforced sunshine, but have to agree with you, much of my joy can be stolen on occasion as well. :)

What are the addresses for those other sites? ;)
  9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Yeah, man, you were pretty optimistic there for a while. Welcome back to Earth.

I look at it this way. The team is 28-9, and I didn't expect that so I'm happy, but as many have realized, the regular season is simply a long tune-up for the postseason. Flip has 45 games to get it together. This team has the talent and depth to win it all. No question about it. Starters are too comfortable. They have enough talent to rack up 50-55 wins, but they ain't hungry and it won't magically happen without an external force pushing on them. Can they magically just "up" their hunger level when the playoffs start? Maybe. But Flip's vomit offense won't cut it. Jacking up 3's leads to a sense of complacency. Joe D needs to get in Flip's azz. Joe D ought to pay LB to sit behind the bench for the next 20 games to scare the crap outta Flip.
  10. sgzamic

sgzamic Second Round Draft Pick

Hi Warthog,

Yes, the context clearly supports "optimistic".

Thanks for the comment.

I will miss reading your posts. You are a very intelligent and witty guy. As are many others here. I have learned a great deal about basketball during my time on Pistons.com.

Doesn't change my point. An attitude adjustment is desperately needed on the forum. I still have hope. You are all daily in my prayers.

Cheers.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That would be funny. Sharpening pencils, going over his resume.
  12. max

max All-Star

Better causes to pray about rather than what going on in a Pistons fan forum for crying out loud.

Some people will never be happy no matter what but I think most overall are. We are just not the ones creating threads about being done with the Pistons.

This last game was not played particularly well so some complaints are understandable. I was shocked at the reaction after the SanAntonio game though. That was a great win.
  13. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Say bro...before you come in here thinking you're going to insult someone in an unsolicited fashion. Let's get something straight. Coming in here with your pistons colored glasses on and complaining about people who have established themselves as A) longtime posters of this forum and B) long time pistons fans will get you nowhere fast.

Personally I couldn't give a crap less what you think about this forum as it was not created with the intention of getting YOUR approval before anything here can be accepted as valid or "sane" as you like to put it. Furthermore, the very reason I have the views I have is due to posters like you who lurk and think because you have slappy written on your forhead, that's supposed to stand for something. This forum has been a beacon for people who wish to voice their opinion without having some random a-hole pop in and think their going to flame people for not having the same "sane" viewpoint. Get over yourself. YOU are not as "smart" as you think you are and even if you were, 99.9% of the veterans on this forum wouldn't give a damn anyway.

The rest of us would like to have a team that is an ACTUAL contender for a title and if you think just sitting in here rocking back and forth rainman style and whispering "best team in the East" to yourself is going to make that happen, then by all means...hook it up.

If you don't like the look of my posts, jog on, bro. No one asked you for your thoughts and none of us will lose any sleep not having read them. It's fans like you that keep singing the praises of those that fail that keep the Lions in business. I'd like to share a few more gems with you, but A) you're apparently not here anymore B) 'Scoe would probably ban me and C) that's what PMs are for. So, free to take shots homie, but keep in mind, 'We don't care nothin' 'bout you.' (© Erick Sermon)

OH...and by the way....it's "Dolphin" not "Flipper."
  14. roscoe36

This is the worst that this forum has to offer. We win a game, and it degenerates into a flame war BETWEEN FANS.

:closed_2:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.